What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't decided if this is a good or bad hire.

Lol that's a terrible hire IMO. By the time he got all his recruits in place at UNC they were awful- his last sixth and seventh years they went 3-9 and 2-9 (before he got canned),, and two of those five wins were against Western Carolina. He also has no meaningful experience in the BigXII footprint since 1996- there are probably HS coaches in TX that weren't born the last time he coached in the state.

Big step down from Rhule.

Lol that's a terrible hire IMO. By the time he got all his recruits in place at UNC they were awful- his last sixth and seventh years they went 3-9 and 2-9 (before he got canned),, and two of those five wins were against Western Carolina. He also has no meaningful experience in the BigXII footprint since 1996- there are probably HS coaches in TX that weren't born the last time he coached in the state.

Big step down from Rhule.

was the OC at Ok State 2005-2007. though, i used to be a fan of Fedora's O back then and was feeling a bit "justified" by his career arc.....until he did tank at UNC in the end....so, i'm not sure anymore. i will also say the continued success of Gundy's O....and really impressive pass-run balance.....under several coordinators since then takes some sheen of Fedora's time there...

on balance, i think it's got a chance to be a very good hire. depends what LF has got in the tank and how he handles not being the boss and bouncing back from an ugly end in Chapel Hill. could go either way, something to prove, chip on his shoulder, ready to work......or just cash some checks for a few years.

Someone took Jason Brown's new book a little too serious.

KV: So you graduated from Drury with a degree in History, you’re a history guy. If you could have dinner with three historical figures, living or dead, who would they be? And I’m ruling out football figures.
MB: This is probably not going to get a good review, but I’m going to say Adolf Hitler. It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can’t deny he wasn’t a great leader.

Someone took Jason Brown's new book a little too serious.

Things you just don't say publicly even when your point may be valid. For instance, every marketer and political campaign manager should study and learn from Nazi propaganda. And they do. But they'd have to be among the biggest idots in the world if they ever said in an interview that their strategy was inspired by Goebbels.

Things you just don't say publicly even when your point may be valid. For instance, every marketer and political campaign manager should study and learn from Nazi propaganda. And they do. But they'd have to be among the biggest idots in the world if they ever said in an interview that their strategy was inspired by Goebbels.
Unless you are the current RNC, then it might actually help your cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back