What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not risking much. They've made the playoffs once this century.
They’re taking a similar risk to the one we took with Embree. After Hawkins, most folks were like “well, it can’t get any worse”. It did.

But hey, it’s not my school and not my football program. Let’s see how it works out.

giphy.gif

I woundn't hold your breath, we couldn't even do it to our own stadium on one of the most important home games in a while.

Not even remotely the same, people bought up tickets during the presale to sell for massive profit, nobody could have stopped that but those assholes, I could only buy 6 seats and I did for Buffs fans.

Nobody is selling CU/CSU tickets for a profit. The season ticket holders alone will fill half their stadium lol. Sure, they could sell them but I doubt they will.

Huh. I mean, I think Klatt has interesting takes, but I don't see how this makes any sense. What reasons did he provide to justify "home run"? If it's worth downloading the episode, I'll check it out.
I’m pretty sure he meant it was a homerun hire for CU’s sake.

If you were an AD at at Power 5 conference would you hire David Yost as an HC, with the caveat that he could hire his staff so as to keep coaching/personal life balance? He's a young man with a young family, and someone is going to make this innovative OC an offer where he doesn't have to carry the recruiting responsibilities, or live in his office.

If you were an AD at at Power 5 conference would you hire David Yost as an HC, with the caveat that he could hire his staff so as to keep coaching/personal life balance? He's a young man with a young family, and someone is going to make this innovative OC an offer where he doesn't have to carry the recruiting responsibilities, or live in his office.

Every P5 head coach needs to carry the recruiting responsibilities.

Why the caveat that he does not have to carry recruiting responsibilities or have to work hard? He has been recruiting coordinator at some of his previous stops. Do not understand the question with the caveats. His career has been up and down which sends red flags sometimes.

One question with Eddie Mac will be is how welcome he will be at some HS around the front range. Valor generates some bad feelings with other schools. The UNC job is tough. They are taking the leftovers after Wyoming, Boise, and CSU go through the state picking up what the P5 schools don't. They don't have a budget to recruit much.

Not recruited one player?? HAHAHAHAHA
Heh. Yeah. Ok. You got me there. But still, recruiting to UNC is a lot different that recruiting to Valor.

I still think this is a disaster of a hire, but I also admit my curiosity is piqued. I’ll be paying attention, which is something I probably wouldn’t have done otherwise. Maybe that was their goal all along.

Heh. Yeah. Ok. You got me there. But still, recruiting to UNC is a lot different that recruiting to Valor.

I still think this is a disaster of a hire, but I also admit my curiosity is piqued. I’ll be paying attention, which is something I probably wouldn’t have done otherwise. Maybe that was their goal all along.

Its definitely going to get people talking-and that's what a football coach hire there should do.

They’re taking a similar risk to the one we took with Embree. After Hawkins, most folks were like “well, it can’t get any worse”. It did.

But hey, it’s not my school and not my football program. Let’s see how it works out.

giphy.gif

Thats a different level of football-Mens basketball when you play football at the FCS level is where you make the most of your money as an AD. That program has also been flat garbage for the better part of the last two decades. I think its a bold move, and its bound to get people in the Denver metro more interested in that program than promoting Marty English or bringing in somebody else who coached or played there. He may flop, but UNC had nothing at all to lose by hiring him. I'm intrigued.

Last edited:
UNC upstaging the lambs. 🤣😂

Disagree 100%. Eddie Mac in Greeley is a hell of a lot more interesting than Addazio in Ft. Fun-he got that job yesterday and his "dude" schtick is one of the stupidest ****ing things I've ever seen. He could be a huge flop, but they're going to be interesting at least. I went there, and I haven't been a football game at UNC since college. That probably changes next year. He'll recruit just fine-he's still a popular former Bronco regardless of the Valor connections. D-Bag devoted 15 mins of the drive apparently to it, and I'm sure Stink and Evans (the only show on that station I listen to) will hit on it in the AM.

None of the college-eligible athletes were alive when Eddie Mac last donned the broncs uni. His on field exploits will best be remembered by older family, friends, etc. That might not carry much weight with potential recruits.

Bold hire for sure.

Not even remotely the same, people bought up tickets during the presale to sell for massive profit, nobody could have stopped that but those assholes, I could only buy 6 seats and I did for Buffs fans.

Nobody is selling CU/CSU tickets for a profit. The season ticket holders alone will fill half their stadium lol. Sure, they could sell them but I doubt they will.

Missing the point entirely......

Hiring a guy with three years experience as a high school head coach. He’s never assembled a staff or recruited one player. Never been on a college football coaching staff, at any level, in any capacity.

What could possibly go wrong?

Honestly, being HC at the Valor program is actually coaching at a higher level in football than coaching at NoCo. Valor has had future NFL athletes, and playing against teams with future Division One players going to legitimate conferences. Coaching at NoCo just is a huge step down. It may be a college coaching gig, and Division One, but its an irrelevant program in this state. There are some better kids playing in the RMAC in Division II than some of the kids playing in the Big Sky.

Two things that really come to mind. Eddie Mac LOVES watching his kids play college ball and in the NFL. There was a documentary about him and his wife Lisa sitting in the stands at one stadium watching video of another son playing in some other stadium. Eddie talks about the "love of his life" is watching his sons play this game. Dylan is a junior at Michigan. That tells me right there that Dylan is probably transferring to NoCo to be the starter at NoCo. Or that Luke is transferring from Nebraska to be the starter at NoCo. Otherwise this makes zero sense. No way does Eddie take the NoCo job if his sons stay at Michigan and Nebraska. He wouldn't want to miss any of those games.

The only way this makes sense is if Eddie feels like he has to do this to give one of his sons an opportunity to play and make it to the NFL.

Honestly, being HC at the Valor program is actually coaching at a higher level in football than coaching at NoCo. Valor has had future NFL athletes, and playing against teams with future Division One players going to legitimate conferences. Coaching at NoCo just is a huge step down. It may be a college coaching gig, and Division One, but its an irrelevant program in this state. There are some better kids playing in the RMAC in Division II than some of the kids playing in the Big Sky.

Two things that really come to mind. Eddie Mac LOVES watching his kids play college ball and in the NFL. There was a documentary about him and his wife Lisa sitting in the stands at one stadium watching video of another son playing in some other stadium. Eddie talks about the "love of his life" is watching his sons play this game. Dylan is a junior at Michigan. That tells me right there that Dylan is probably transferring to NoCo to be the starter at NoCo. Or that Luke is transferring from ****braska to be the starter at NoCo. Otherwise this makes zero sense. No way does Eddie take the NoCo job if his sons stay at Michigan and ****braska. He wouldn't want to miss any of those games.

The only way this makes sense is if Eddie feels like he has to do this to give one of his sons an opportunity to play and make it to the NFL.
From what I know about the situation at Valor, Eddie kinda makes me want to vomit. If he took a college coaching job to pave the way for one of his kids, He will definitely make me vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back