What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a train wreck and we get to go beat their ass' real soon. Does anyone else believe his son will leave meth land and go play for daddy?? I do - that family thinks a lot of themselves.
Somebody else thinks that way too...
Luke's Dad
Hilarious... that nebraska fans disparage the smell of Greely

The idea that Dylan or Luke would transfer from Michigan and Nebraska to play for Ed at Northern Colorado is one of the more laughable takes I've seen. Dylan was QB2 at Michigan until he got knocked the **** out against Wisconsin. He should be right there for QB1 in 2020. Luke is a True Freshman who played in 4 games but still RS and will definitely compete for QB1 in the next year or two, especially with Martinez's injury history. Neither of them are going to transfer to UNC.

The idea that Dylan or Luke would transfer from Michigan and ****braska to play for Ed at Northern Colorado is one of the more laughable takes I've seen. Dylan was QB2 at Michigan until he got knocked the **** out against Wisconsin. He should be right there for QB1 in 2020. Luke is a True Freshman who played in 4 games but still RS and will definitely compete for QB1 in the next year or two, especially with Martinez's injury history. Neither of them are going to transfer to UNC.
Nor should their father be asking them to do so.

The idea that Dylan or Luke would transfer from Michigan and ****braska to play for Ed at Northern Colorado is one of the more laughable takes I've seen. Dylan was QB2 at Michigan until he got knocked the **** out against Wisconsin. He should be right there for QB1 in 2020. Luke is a True Freshman who played in 4 games but still RS and will definitely compete for QB1 in the next year or two, especially with Martinez's injury history. Neither of them are going to transfer to UNC.
Yeah... like it was laughable that CSU would hire Addazio or UNC would hire McCaffery.
The joy it brings my heart just thinking about the possibility. Quit trying to crush my dream, dude.

Yeah... like it was laughable that CSU would hire Addazio or UNC would hire McCaffery.
The joy it brings my heart just thinking about the possibility. Quit trying to crush my dream, dude.
I have this funny feeling we are going to get a lot of mileage out of the term: dude.

I simply cannot wait to employ the moniker HC Dude when goat week comes around next year.

More likely Stenstrom

You think? I honestly think Mel and our staff likes him more than Lytle.
Zero information. Total speculation. But the thought immediately crossed my mind when you consider Lewis Had been brought in to start. If you are Stenstrom I assume you’d want to play. And McCaffrey treated him pretty well at Valor vis-à-vis playing time with his son. And the Sloter model applies

Zero information. Total speculation. But the thought immediately crossed my mind when you consider Lewis Had been brought in to start. If you are Stenstrom I assume you’d want to play. And McCaffrey treated him pretty well at Valor vis-à-vis playing time with his son. And the Sloter model applies

Wouldn't shock me if he goes. I think one of those two leaves at some point.

McCaffrey is an odd choice but honestly what is the worst case scenario for a place like UNC to make that hire? If he’s bad and UNC is irrelevant - big deal, that’s where they are now.
So just hire under qualified coaches because why not? Sounds like a brilliant strategy.

So just hire under qualified coaches because why not? Sounds like a brilliant strategy.
The original Valor HC, Brent Vieselmeyer, went from Valor to the DC at Houston Baptist (with no prior college experience), then became a position coach for the Raiders for 3-4 years. He's now back at the High School level, so maybe that should say something about making that jump.

I know UNC has tried hiring multiple Colorado High School coaches for coordinator positions over the years, but not as HC to my knowledge. Nobody other than McCaffrey gets that offer.

A college head football coaching job is a year-round gig. Does Eddie understand this?

Sure, it’s year round but he still lives in Colorado? It’s an hour drive, it’s not like he can’t go back to his cherry hills mansion if he wants to.

This isn’t rocket science! Is there risk, sure. McCaffrey is an odd duck, yep! But he has a very unique ability to lead young men. He is a Stanford grad, at least relatively smart and a fast learner. He is an Incredibly hard worker. High School coaches in Colorado will absolutely help him, particularly Logan. He may even bring in a couple of Colorado Hs coaches on the staff

This has huge upside potential. I would love to see UNC become strong.

much better than the train wreck at CSU

The original Valor HC, Brent Vieselmeyer, went from Valor to the DC at Houston Baptist (with no prior college experience), then became a position coach for the Raiders for 3-4 years. He's now back at the High School level, so maybe that should say something about making that jump.

I know UNC has tried hiring multiple Colorado High School coaches for coordinator positions over the years, but not as HC to my knowledge. Nobody other than McCaffrey gets that offer.
Yeah and McCaffery only has 2 years of high school coaching experience.

This isn’t rocket science! Is there risk, sure. McCaffrey is an odd duck, yep! But he has a very unique ability to lead young men. He is a Stanford grad, at least relatively smart and a fast learner. He is an Incredibly hard worker. High School coaches in Colorado will absolutely help him, particularly Logan. He may even bring in a couple of Colorado Hs coaches on the staff

This has huge upside potential. I would love to see UNC become strong.

much better than the train wreck at CSU
tenor.gif

Don’t confuse “qualified” with “capable”. The guy probably knows a thing or two about football and honestly that and some name recognition to get fans/recruits excited is really all a place like UNC should hope for. If he’s a complete flop, no one will really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back