What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there seems to be a disconnect on the QBs. They never even bothered really to get looks at the backups, which naturally led to most people believing there was some plan to bring in an outside veteran. Yet we are heading into spring with Lytle, Stenstrom, and Lewis as the only QBs and there is no indication that a grad transfer was ever a serious consideration. So it does beg the question why Montez was given free rein.

The answer is obvious, isn’t it?

Well, there seems to be a disconnect on the QBs. They never even bothered really to get looks at the backups, which naturally led to most people believing there was some plan to bring in an outside veteran. Yet we are heading into spring with Lytle, Stenstrom, and Lewis as the only QBs and there is no indication that a grad transfer was ever a serious consideration. So it does beg the question why Montez was given free rein.

Thats a fair point-but I wanted to add this to this discussion: I'm good with going into 2020 with the staff intact, but we're at a point in this process where the shortcomings of FHCMM and his staff can't be used as excuses for this staff. If our O and D don't improve in 2020, changes at the coordinator spots need to be considerations.

Thats a fair point-but I wanted to add this to this discussion: I'm good with going into 2020 with the staff intact, but we're at a point in this process where the shortcomings of FHCMM and his staff can't be used as excuses for this staff. If our O and D don't improve in 2020, changes at the coordinator spots need to be considerations.

Very much so but over the course of the season and particularly the last month or so I think their respective units showed enough improvement that it can be considered reasonable to keep them another year. I don’t think a change was urgently needed. And I did believe that was the case with Summers in particular for a good part of the season.

If that is the case, then Lytle and Stenstrom are not good because Montez had a pretty bad season and was ineffective for large stretches. Hence the disconnect with not bringing in a veteran QB.

This times 10. They're rolling the dice all in on Lewis.

Very much so but over the course of the season and particularly the last month or so I think their respective units showed enough improvement that it can be considered reasonable to keep them another year. I don’t think a change was urgently needed. And I did believe that was the case with Summers in particular for a good part of the season.

Yeah-We're on the same page. I'm a lot more concerned about the offense going into 2020-especially given the staff seems to be content with rolling into 2020 with Lewis, Lytle, and Strenstrom.

I'm okay with keeping Johnson and Summers for another year.
Same. I liked what I was seeing in the improving running game. Over 170 and over 200 rushing against Stanford and Washington respectively was a very good sign of things to come.

I have no issue keeping Johnson and Summers either. Just think there is a good chance there will be an upgrade available for either or both after next season, along with other assistants, so it will be interesting to watch how Tucker approaches those changes.

I've been of the opinion that maybe they are just all in on Lewis and will make a decision during spring ball on if they need to go after a GT based on his performance? But to me that seems like a poor idea considering the one's worth bringing in will probably have a new home by the end of spring ball..

I have an alliance with all great Colorado Golden Buffaloes.

Learn your history.

I have a ton of respect of Bieniemy and everything he did as a Buff -- and I think the NFL's hiring process is broken and minorities are underrepresented...

And yet, I can't help but think about how downright awful EB's tenure was as OC here. I just was looking for some other opinions from Buff fans.

Kiffin could be a good hire. He knows how to recruit, is suppose to be a great offensive mind, but has had a bit of a toxic personality. Maybe he has learned. On the other hand he may never learn.

I am really interested in what is happening at WSU. Looks like they are already on 2nd tier of choices. Do they reach for someone with baggage like they did when they took the pirate? Does their recruiting class not report? If they take a year off do they have the ability to go to a new school without penalty?

I have a ton of respect of Bieniemy and everything he did as a Buff -- and I think the NFL's hiring process is broken and minorities are underrepresented...

And yet, I can't help but think about how downright awful EB's tenure was as OC here. I just was looking for some other opinions from Buff fans.

A man who played as and with great talent will have a greater chance of success, coaching talent, than coaching team with Jordan Webb at QB. Wasn’t innovative enough to make his suppar players at CU successful, but has the grit to handle being down 24-0 in a playoff game to persevere and put up 51 points with a talented crew. Just like any coach, he needs the right situation.

A man who played as and with great talent will have a greater chance of success, coaching talent, than coaching team with Jordan Webb at QB. Wasn’t innovative enough to make his suppar players at CU successful, but has the grit to handle being down 24-0 in a playoff game to persevere and put up 51 points with a talented crew. Just like any coach, he needs the right situation.

Can we start an official EB deserves to be an NFL Head Coach thread in the pub or move this discussion to one of the NFL threads? I love the guy, and I'll write as many posts as I can arguing for him to get an NFL gig, but I'd like to see us keep this thread to the Baylor and WSU searches (both of which affect us-WSU is a conference foe and we recruit against Baylor) until those jobs get filled.

It has taken a month but Ed has apparently swung back by Greeley to make some moves:

Northern Colorado (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop former Colorado State offensive coordinator Dave Baldwin is expected to become offensive coordinator for Ed McCaffrey’s staff. We are also told Ed’s son Max will join the staff, likely coaching receivers. Defensive coordinator Marty English has not been retained we are told.

It has taken a month but Ed has apparently swung back by Greeley to make some moves:

Northern Colorado (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop former Colorado State offensive coordinator Dave Baldwin is expected to become offensive coordinator for Ed McCaffrey’s staff. We are also told Ed’s son Max will join the staff, likely coaching receivers. Defensive coordinator Marty English has not been retained we are told.
I'm surprised at the turn English's career has taken. I'd be strongly in favor of it if CU could get him as an Analyst this year for LB and In-State Recruiting. He's strong in those areas.

I know one of the dad's of one key returning player for UNC next year and he is pissed about the Eddie Mac hiring. Said he has not been back in Greeley since the presser and they have not seen him, talked to him, nor have any idea who the staff will be (outside of what Bear Friend put up above). As of a week ago, they had one phone call before Xmas. He thinks this is going to be a train wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back