What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

The reason for that disparity is due to the fact that Plati treats players, coaches and TV media like royalty, and fans like scum. He really doesn’t make any bones about his disdain for those outside his bunker.
Not my experience, FWIW.

A senior qb who was last in the conference in qb rating. I also don’t necessarily agree about the staff. There were plenty of weak links to go around last year and Tucker really struggled in his first year in terms of in game coaching.

I will continue to say ASU is nothing special until they show anything on the field.
To play devil's advocate about this one though, last year at ASU was Montez's one hero game for the year where he just absolutely tore it up. And I think Jayden Daniels will be the third best QB in the conference this year behind probably Garbers and Slovis unless I'm just blatantly forgetting someone else. I don't see much certain QB Star power this year in the PAC.

I'm very curious about Clayton at RB but I'm wondering if he will be as delayed as Lewis at QB is going to be thanks to COVID-19. Given that Clayton is from LA, he's most definitely familiar with the Saints' Alvin Kamara and if Clayton can emulate him, that would be a good pass catching threat out of the backfield.
1) Weird to say that because he's from NOLA, he might be able to adjust to the college game better because he can watch a television broadcast and see what a guy that happens to play in the same state does.

2) Running back is probably the easiest position to transition from High School to College save kickers/punters so if he is good enough, he will play.

KJ Trujillo might be favorite Buff for the next few years because of how tough he played while underweight and he didn't get burned even remotely close to as much as I thought he would. I think he will be a stud going forward.
I love what I saw of him last year. Even when he got beat, he was generally in good position, just needed some more strength to battle for the ball. I think he's going to be a good one.

1) Weird to say that because he's from NOLA, he might be able to adjust to the college game better because he can watch a television broadcast and see what a guy that happens to play in the same state does.

2) Running back is probably the easiest position to transition from High School to College save kickers/punters so if he is good enough, he will play.

It's weird that you don't think local kids will model themselves after an excellent NFL player from their home state. With Clayton's speed, it'd be fun to see if he can catch balls out of the backfield and make plays in the open field in addition to running the ball.

It's weird that you don't think local kids will model themselves after an excellent NFL player from their home state. With Clayton's speed, it'd be fun to see if he can catch balls out of the backfield and make plays in the open field in addition to running the ball.
I tried modeling myself after Shannon Sharpe. Didn’t quite workout the way I wanted it to

I'm not saying he wouldn't possibly try to model him after someone, it's certainly possible but not a definite. And I was saying that by trying to model himself after Kamara it would not somehow make him more amenable to the college game which was inferred in your previous post.

Last edited:
Also wanted to say that while I have some trepidation over Chev as a play caller, last time we had a horrid OL, coached by a horrid OL coach, and that horrid OL coach was also the co-OC. And I’m assuming Klayton was an even worse co-OC than he was a OL coach. With a defensive minded head coach.
He didn’t have a lot going his way to make a first time OC a success. Hopefully between K.D. and The QB coach we can have some help for him, OL talent is better, and hopefully OL coaching is better than Adams made it. We will see.

Also wanted to say that while I have some trepidation over Chev as a play caller, last time we had a horrid OL, coached by a horrid OL coach, and that horrid OL coach was also the co-OC. And I’m assuming Klayton was an even worse co-OC than he was a OL coach. With a defensive minded head coach.
He didn’t have a lot going his way to make a first time OC a success. Hopefully between K.D. and The QB coach we can have some help for him, OL talent is better, and hopefully OL coaching is better than Adams made it. We will see.

Let's see. The talent there is no doubt better-but of the outside hires, Rodrigue's the only one who kind of worries me

Let's see. The talent there is no doubt better-but of the outside hires, Rodrigue's the only one who kind of worries me
In some of the OL video interviews yesterday, there was talk about how this new system is a lot different than what they did last year so some guys are still learning. I was under the impression that Rodrigue was the choice because he was so familiar with what they did last year and was going to continue it this year?

In some of the OL video interviews yesterday, there was talk about how this new system is a lot different than what they did last year so some guys are still learning. I was under the impression that Rodrigue was the choice because he was so familiar with what they did last year and was going to continue it this year?
Not enough money in the budget for the videos.

The way Rodrigue talked I got the impression that had more to do with the new offense....

I'll hate (and root against) Mel Tucker no matter where he goes the rest of his career. The way he left CU was despicable.

Note that I said MSU, not Tucker.

Tucker is a sleazy classless asshole. When all is said and done, good riddance.

MSU was left in a lurch and was left scrambling. The reason Tucker's there is as much to do with his agent getting their attention as anything else.

Saban, Sark, and Bama made us look like fools and wasted our time. **** them always and forever.

Back