What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs CFB gambling thread

Yesterday was my first bonafide ass kicking. Maybe I shouldn’t have started counting my money when I was ahead in multiple 2nd half games yesterday afternoon.

Then I followed up up with some dumb ass drunken evening parlay to try to make it all back in one bet. That was exactly the behavior they want from me.

5 conservative bets out for the NFL:
  • Rams +4
  • Raiders +7.5
  • Packers +1.5
  • Broncos +3.5
  • Ravens -6
Edit: Per TSchek below added the Falcons for the win at +160 as they weren't offering ATS (DraftKings).

Last edited:
Falcons are +3.5 at New Orleans with Taysom Hill starting at QB. Seems strange to me, but I suck at this.

Packers +1.5 at Indy. Indy has a good defense, but again, Packers being dogs against anyone outside of one or two teams seems strange too.

Fla/Vandy O 68
Cincy -5.5
Geo S/Army U 42.5
Ok St +9.5
matthew broderick jewish GIF

Only betting Dolphins/Broncos so I have this parlay-
Dolphins -3.5
Over 45.5
Dolphins to win by no more than 13

$5 to win $30.98

Falcons are +3.5 at New Orleans with Taysom Hill starting at QB. Seems strange to me, but I suck at this.

Packers +1.5 at Indy. Indy has a good defense, but again, Packers being dogs against anyone outside of one or two teams seems strange too.
I just picked up Taysom Hill this morning in my fantasy league. I can start him in the tight end slot and get quarterback scoring. If any of you do fantasy you might check and see if he's available in your league.

Yesterday was my first bonafide ass kicking. Maybe I shouldn’t have started counting my money when I was ahead in multiple 2nd half games yesterday afternoon.

Then I followed up up with some dumb ass drunken evening parlay to try to make it all back in one bet. That was exactly the behavior they want from me.

• Rams +4
  • Raiders +7.5
  • Packers +1.5
  • Broncos +3.5
  • Ravens -6
Edit: Per TSchek below added the Falcons for the win at +160 as they weren't offering ATS (DraftKings).
Goff without Whitworth and against a good defense scares me.

• Rams +4
  • Raiders +7.5
  • Packers +1.5
  • Broncos +3.5
  • Ravens -6
Back in day when I was a bar bookie (way before online gambling) I saw this play out every week. I made a lot of money off the drunken behavior of my customers trying to make up losses. Basically why I quit being a bookie. Saw too many people gamble away way more money than they could afford.

Last edited:

• Rams +4
  • Raiders +7.5
  • Packers +1.5
  • Broncos +3.5
  • Ravens -6
Conservative?

Conservative?
$5 a crack

Back in day when I was a bar bookie (way before online gambling) I saw this play out every week. I made a lot of money off the drunken behavior of my customers trying to make up losses. Basically why I quit being a bookie. Saw too many people gamble away way more money than they could afford.
Yep. I'm pissed I did a $5 long shot parlay that would have paid me back $40. Anyone who gets deep in to gambling that could have easily been a couple hundred, couple thousand, etc.

So PointsBet is up and running in Colorado and online. Want to support them since they're partnering with CU and other Colorado sports and setting up a major office in Colorado

I saw something about a $30 payment (whoopee) to CU if signed up with a code from CU. Anybody seen where that code is?

Who can explain to me relationship between spread and ML?

Michigan St both +13.5 this week. One has ML of +330, other +450.

Why?

is this, again, as simple as setting (and moving) odds to create action on both sides?

thanks.

Who can explain to me relationship between spread and ML?

Michigan St both +13.5 this week. One has ML of +330, other +450.

Why?

is this, again, as simple as setting (and moving) odds to create action on both sides?

thanks.
I think your simple answer is the best one. I had a bet on the Raiders game last night and happened to watch the live wagering for a few minutes - I'd never done that.
With 4 minutes left, it was 17 - 14 LV, and I (feeling surprised) got LV +6.5 and a straight win at +210. KC then moved the ball down to the LV 14 and the numbers were flying. Got to LV + 3.5, +140, then when KC didn't score bounced around, with LV up to +7 and +270. All before half-time. None of these were straight declines or increases in odds - they bounced up and down. I was shocked at how much variation went on - quickly.

Last edited:
I think your simple answer is the best one. I had a bet on the Raiders game last night and happened to watch the live wagering for a few minutes - I'd never done that.
With 4 minutes left, it was 17 - 14 LV, and I (feeling surprised) got LV +6.5 and a straight win at +210. KC then moved the ball down to the LV 14 and the numbers were flying. Got to LV + 3.5, +140, then when KC didn't score bounced around, with LV up to +7 and +270. All before half-time. None of these were straight declines or increases in odds - they bounced up and down. I was shocked at how much variation went on - quickly.
That's normal. I've done well with live betting when I feel like action is easily pointing one way after watching a while. It most certainly can back fire, but you can sometimes find a better number, 4, 8, 11, etc. after some live action. However, you have to be careful with the juice. You'll get a lot of those at a higher rate than the original lines.

I live bet USC on Saturday after the 4th drive from Utah as their offense looked putrid and had heard they had barely practiced before that game, so felt comfortable at that point with USC -3. However, I believe it was -117 or something like that, where normal line is typically around -110, depending on where you bet.

Back