What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Me watching CU,then remembering ****braska still sucks
I Guess If You Say So GIF
And never forget, when waking up in the morning they are in Nebraska, we are in Colorado. /

“****braska, like eating a bucket of feline ****, with the gravel in it.”

Wow you are right.
How desirable is this job for a coach?

CU, for instance, has very good facilities and pretty low expectations. If a coach succeeds here, great! But if not, that's on CU.

But nebraska took one of the hottest coaches in the nation and watched him fall on his face. There are very high expectations for any coach. I guess it's a desirable job in which an up-and-coming coordinator would want - a storied program with big support. But is it really? I don't know (which is why I'm asking).

What ended wasn’t just another wild, absurd Husker football game. Nor the best chance to win again in 2021. It was something more important.
Hope.

You could not hide from despair. You can not spin the devastation. On a spirit-shaking, confidence-breaking, ironically gorgeous afternoon, the Scott Frost era crashed. In such a way that almost certainly can’t be salvaged.

CU, for instance, has very good facilities and pretty low expectations. If a coach succeeds here, great! But if not, that's on CU.

But ****braska took one of the hottest coaches in the nation and watched him fall on his face. There are very high expectations for any coach. I guess it's a desirable job in which an up-and-coming coordinator would want - a storied program with big support. But is it really? I don't know (which is why I'm asking).
I wonder how potential candidates might view the new AD. I’m guessing that will not be a big selling point either

But ****braska took one of the hottest coaches in the nation and watched him fall on his face. There are very high expectations for any coach. I guess it's a desirable job in which an up-and-coming coordinator would want - a storied program with big support. But is it really? I don't know (which is why I'm asking).
Trev Alberts has never hired a football coach at any level. I expect him to either, be subservient to the most influential booster, or, get completely worked by every coach’s agent in America. Either way, it should be fun.

This is the reality for them.

They hired Mike Riley because he was the biggest name left that would listen to them but he was far from their first choice. The only reason that Frost listened is because he is one of them. Does anyone honestly think that if he hadn't been a husker he would have taken that job?

Now they are going to be faced with the reality that they can't keep Frost and that nobody that they want wants them. They are going to be dramatically overpaying for a second tier candidate while still absorbing the cost of Frost.

They are not just a new coach away from fixing things.

It would be horrible. He’d probably beat this ****ty coaching staff in two years when we play them.
If our existing staff is still around in two years, it doesn't matter who will be coaching them. We'll lose. It makes me nauseous thinking about it.

EDIT: But I do love watching the nubs despair. Some how it makes mine less noticeable.

Back