What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Wow you are right.

Something that really stuck out to me in this article-"junior quarterback Adrian Martinez" seems unreal he has another year of eligibility but I can't wait to watch his senior season!

Something that really stuck out to me in this article-"junior quarterback Adrian Martinez" seems unreal he has another year of eligibility but I can't wait to watch his senior season!
There is no way that he plays another year at Neb. His name is in the transfer portal by Jan 1, if not before. The only thing better than Martinez continually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with another horribly timed turnover, is him becoming a grad transfer and lighting it up at another school. Dear 6 lb 8oz baby Jesus….

Neither can the rest of the B1G!

Could there be anything more rewarding that seeing one more year of Frost and Martinez choking away games while Frost recruits another quarterback for Nebraska who only fits in that obsolete offense ensuring an even deeper hole for whoever follows Frosty as the savior of the red polyester wearing corn cult.

There is no way that he plays another year at Neb. His name is in the transfer portal by Jan 1, if not before. The only thing better than Martinez continually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with another horribly timed turnover, is him becoming a grad transfer and lighting it up at another school. Dear 6 lb 8oz baby Jesus….
Realistically who at any school above the FCS level wants him?

He's a quarterback who's skills and experience only work in some version of the 1990's Osborne offense. His passing is at best simple single read lobs coming off play action or option fakes.

He doesn't even run RPO much less run anything that requires multiple reads and when he does throw it he doesn't have the accuracy or quick release needed in modern offenses.

This is why when they fall behind at the end of games and defenses no longer have to respect the triple option running attack he throws so many interceptions or uncatchable balls.

How desirable is this job for a coach?

CU, for instance, has very good facilities and pretty low expectations. If a coach succeeds here, great! But if not, that's on CU.

But ****braska took one of the hottest coaches in the nation and watched him fall on his face. There are very high expectations for any coach. I guess it's a desirable job in which an up-and-coming coordinator would want - a storied program with big support. But is it really? I don't know (which is why I'm asking).
Admin Support: Very Desirable
Fan Support: Very Desirable
Pay: Very Desirable
Conference: Very Desirable
Path to Success: Mediocre
Location/Recruiting: Bad

On paper it’s not a bad job, but the location and recruiting aspect is a pretty big drawback. There’s also the support/expectation part, where the support is about as good as anyone can ask for, but the fan/admin expectations seem to be at a delusional level, so in that regard, it might not be great.

What happens if kNU pulls out the stops, opens up its purse, and tries to grab Tucker? The only thing stopping this would be Frosty’s buy out, and the fact that Nub Football is an antiquated, dust-coated turd that Tucker is past that point as a HC.

On paper it’s not a bad job, but the location and recruiting aspect is a pretty big drawback. There’s also the support/expectation part, where the support is about as good as anyone can ask for, but the fan/admin expectations seem to be at a delusional level, so in that regard, it might not be great.
I feel like fan support is a double-edged sword. There are a lot of expectations and not a lot of examples of success in the last 15 years.

What happens if kNU pulls out the stops, opens up its purse, and tries to grab Tucker? The only thing stopping this would be Frosty’s buy out, and the fact that Nub Football is an antiquated, dust-coated turd that Tucker is past that point as a HC.
I think Tucker only goes to LSU/USC type job or stays at MSU.

Could anybody honestly say Nebraska is a better job than MSU?

I feel like fan support is a double-edged sword. There are a lot of expectations and not a lot of examples of success in the last 15 years.
Yep, I guess my fan support grade was more about boosters and donations. The expectations at the bottom of my post are definitely a double edged sword

MSU is a FAR better job than Nebraska and yeah, short of a major collapse, he’s about to have the red carpet rolled out by some big time programs

It's enough that Scott Frost is a ****ing tool for me to not want him here. He'd have to be an elite OC for me to even consider him given his behavior the last 4 years (ignoring his past issues entirely). He is a cancer and until proven otherwise is a disaster unless things are going well. a front runner.

Like the Fan Support it's hard to give Admin Support the Very Desirable.

Yes they will have funding and yes they will have support from admissions and if players get into difficulties.

What makes it less than fully desirable is the expectation that whoever takes the job will do things the way they have always been done, The shadow of Devany/Osborne hangs over every decision. Anything that deviates from that history is going to be questioned.

I think Tucker only goes to LSU/USC type job or stays at MSU.

Could anybody honestly say ****braska is a better job than MSU?
Oh yeah LSU or USC will be Tucker’s next stop…LSU more so, but LA money talks. If by some strange set of circumstance Cristobal leaves UO for the U, do you think the Ducks sniff around East Lansing?

Oh yeah LSU or USC will be Tucker’s next stop…LSU more so, but LA money talks. If by some strange set of circumstance Cristobal leaves UO for the U, do you think the Ducks sniff around East Lansing?
Tucker is an SEC type of guy so hard to see LSU not being at the top of his list but I could see him taking Oregon over USC.

Oregon would be willing to give him the money without the restrictions. USC doesn't mind cheating but the coach at USC has to deal with some donors who think that the coach works for them. At Oregon all they would ask is are you winning.

Tucker is an SEC type of guy so hard to see LSU not being at the top of his list but I could see him taking Oregon over USC.

Oregon would be willing to give him the money without the restrictions. USC doesn't mind cheating but the coach at USC has to deal with some donors who think that the coach works for them. At Oregon all they would ask is are you winning.

I'm guessing Franklin gets the USC job

Pelini isn't doing anything. I mean he's a perfect 'fit' for huskers. Wonder if they regret running him out of town now? Not only do you have to win in Lincoln but it must be done with 40 year old offenses and with coaches who never ever said a naughty word.

So is it that they should have won cause they are that close, OR are they lucky as hell to even be that close and the ceiling is hit
I think it shows total dysfunction as a team. They should have won 6-7 more games to simply be average in one score games.

Back