What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

So, who do they actually go and try to hire? One significant weakness that wasn’t brought up before is the current AD. I’m sure they’ll pay a lot, so they’ll find somebody to take the job. But I doubt they’ll get somebody who will move the needle much in terms of National exposure.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Trev will have to fire Frost. And while that makes me sad, I’m so excited to see what kind of train wreck Alberts is during a coaching search.
Sarcastic South Park GIF by HBO Max

Yep Frost has an eye for talent and decided he didn't need Joe Burrow at ****braska.
Well to be fair Frosty wasn't going to change his offense and Joe Burrow probably wasn't the best guy to run plays that involve deliberately running the QB into the face of linebackers and only making single reads before choosing weather to throw and interception of simply fumble the football.

Well to be fair Frosty wasn't going to change his offense and Joe Burrow probably wasn't the best guy to run plays that involve deliberately running the QB into the face of linebackers and only making single reads before choosing weather to throw and interception of simply fumble the football.
In the fourth quarter, when down by 1 score.

Good ole locomotive 6236 rolling through Laramie, WY this afternoon. Captured on virtual railfan cameras. Appears at about 2:25. The front door is hanging open and they point it out. Maybe a message to frosty?🤔

Last edited:
1. 6236 are pretty important numbers in CU/****braska history
2. Locomotive is owned and operated by a company based in Omaha, ****braska.
3. The door is hanging open on a moving freight train which is unusual.
4. They froze the video to point out the door hanging open.
Missed the numbers. Ok now explain Virtual Rail Fan

Admin Support: Very Desirable
Fan Support: Very Desirable
Pay: Very Desirable
Conference: Very Desirable
Path to Success: Mediocre
Location/Recruiting: Bad

On paper it’s not a bad job, but the location and recruiting aspect is a pretty big drawback. There’s also the support/expectation part, where the support is about as good as anyone can ask for, but the fan/admin expectations seem to be at a delusional level, so in that regard, it might not be great.
The conference may be desirable, but there's no way they're leaping over 3/4 of the teams in that conference no matter who they hire. I got to see NW's facilities and plans for the future and they bury Nebraska's so deep they will be looking up at freakin' NW now for the next 2 decades. Plus Chicagoland vs Lincoln? No contest.

So, who do they actually go and try to hire? One significant weakness that wasn’t brought up before is the current AD. I’m sure they’ll pay a lot, so they’ll find somebody to take the job. But I doubt they’ll get somebody who will move the needle much in terms of National exposure.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Trev will have to fire Frost. And while that makes me sad, I’m so excited to see what kind of train wreck Alberts is during a coaching search.
Sarcastic South Park GIF by HBO Max
If I was the AD, and I had the cache to do this, I'd fire Frost right now and insert the DC as the head coach on an interim basis. Erik Chinander has shown me some stuff and their Defensive unit has improved drastically and I've seen a few pressers where he handles himself very well. He's also a decent recruiter. I like what he's done at Nebraska (or I should say, I hate it as a Husker basher).

He had a big turnaround at UCF, although I discount that somewhat because they were uber-talented but had quit on the previous staff. He coached the Oregon OLBs prior.

He was an Offensive Lineman at Iowa and his first coaching jobs were on offense.

Honestly, think he's the kind of guy who could be a very solid head coach somewhere (son of a coach as well, his father was killed in a car accident last month at age 69). His defensive unit has far exceeded my expectations. He's not the problem at NU, Frost is.

If I was the AD, and I had the cache to do this, I'd fire Frost right now and insert the DC as the head coach on an interim basis. Erik Chinander has shown me some stuff and their Defensive unit has improved drastically and I've seen a few pressers where he handles himself very well. He's also a decent recruiter. I like what he's done at ****braska (or I should say, I hate it as a ****er basher).

He had a big turnaround at UCF, although I discount that somewhat because they were uber-talented but had quit on the previous staff. He coached the Oregon OLBs prior.

He was an Offensive Lineman at Iowa and his first coaching jobs were on offense.

Honestly, think he's the kind of guy who could be a very solid head coach somewhere (son of a coach as well, his father was killed in a car accident last month at age 69). His defensive unit has far exceeded my expectations. He's not the problem at NU, Frost is.
office space no GIF

If I was the AD, and I had the cache to do this, I'd fire Frost right now and insert the DC as the head coach on an interim basis. Erik Chinander has shown me some stuff and their Defensive unit has improved drastically and I've seen a few pressers where he handles himself very well. He's also a decent recruiter. I like what he's done at ****braska (or I should say, I hate it as a ****er basher).

I would be absolutely shocked if Alberts does something like that. But I suppose it’s possible. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has an incredibly inflated opinion of the status of fusker football. As such, I expect he will be making overtures to Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer before working his way down the list.

I would be absolutely shocked if Alberts does something like that. But I suppose it’s possible. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has an incredibly inflated opinion of the status of ****er football. As such, I expect he will be making overtures to Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer before working his way down the list.
They do this every time and wonder why they get humiliated by being repeatedly turned down.

Frost broke that pattern only because he shared the delusion since he came out of it.

This time they will again go after multiple big names before panicking and overpaying a 2nd or 3rd tier candidate, most likely a guy who has strong connections to the program and they can tout as coming in and doing things "the husker way."

And none of it will matter. changing coaches doesn't fix the real problems that keep the program at the bottom end of the B1G.

I would be absolutely shocked if Alberts does something like that. But I suppose it’s possible. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has an incredibly inflated opinion of the status of ****er football. As such, I expect he will be making overtures to Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer before working his way down the list.
I'd love to see them Tennessee this ****.

Please don't confuse my post with "what I would do" with what I think "they will do". They think way too highly of themselves to go with a guy from the region who has shown a pretty good track record of competency, despite working for a total ass clown.

For those of you that have been, any food reccos on Lincoln (this outta be fun)?
Depending on what type of food you are looking for. Green Gateau is really good. It's a farm to table restaurant. Lazlo's brewery is solid for pub style food. Fireworks is cool because it's kinda like a better cuisine version of Rainforest Cafe. But @SeanMSan can probably provide better insight than me here.

Depending on what type of food you are looking for. Green Gateau is really good. It's a farm to table restaurant. Lazlo's brewery is solid for pub style food. Fireworks is cool because it's kinda like a better cuisine version of Rainforest Cafe. But @SeanMSan can probably provide better insight than me here.
I don’t make it to Lincoln too much. If/when I do, I usually don’t stop to eat anywhere. I usually want to get whatever I’m going there done and over with, so I can get out of there. My last few visits, I’ve noticed that the downtown area has become more restaurants and bars/venues than the mix of eating/entertainment/shops that it was back in my teens. There is a Vegan restaurant on O street, probably about five blocks southwest of the stadium (my knowledge of the Lincoln street grid is not good), it was pretty good

I’ve been to the Haymarket area once. We ate at a pizza place right across from the arena. It was alright as far as pizza goes. I think that there is a sushi place - Blue, and a pub food place - Leadbelly, that are in the Haymarket? These places have Omaha locations that I’ve been to at least a handful of times each, and never had a bad experience with food. The last six years, my dining experience has been reduced to about 3-5 places, since my daughter is a super picky eater that lives for pasta of any kind. More of a home diner these days.

There isn’t a shortage of places to eat in this state.

For those of you that have been, any food reccos on Lincoln (this outta be fun)?
Search steakhouses. We had great steaks at very reasonable prices during a stop over in Lincoln a few years ago. Don't recall the actual restaurant though.

Have a blast at the game!

Absolutely the best 3-7 team in the nation. There's a great opportunity for the Nubs and Frost to once again be the best team that doesn't qualify for a bowl game.

Kudos, Nub friends. You deserve this and all the accolades which come with it.

If I were Trev Alberts, I would throw money at Luke Fickell and pray he takes the job. But I very much hope that he keeps Frost for another year.

Back