What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I think Frost firing the Offensive Staff, when everyone knows he's running the offense, tells you all you need to know about him. All of them worked with Frost at Oregon and UCF (except Lubick who only worked with him at Oregon I believe). So it's not like he inherited them, or didn't know their abilities etc. He is an Offensive coach. I'd be able to excuse Frost for having a poor defense and starting over, but not offense.

And who's going to come in there and work for him?

Martinez was 12th nationally in 2018 as a true freshman, with Riley's guys. Frost has always said, he needed to get his guys in here, but that was their best offensive output they've had at ****braska.

Someone should come in and pry away their DC, which is the only reason they have been in games this year.
I think it is glorious. I hope Frosty has just enough success to hang on for 2023.

In other news Scott Frost just declared bankruptcy.
Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by The Office

I’m guessing this is how Frost would go about declaring bankruptcy.

Interesting that they choose to ignore last year. Not going to go back and do the numbers but it would put CU at two winning seasons and may have been enough for us to pass them in the win percentage (good year for us, lousy year for them.)

With the win percentage it might also be worth factoring in that we play an additional conference game per season and their win percentage is substantially based on playing a pathetic OOC schedule each year (even though they still lose some of those.)
They're afraid they'd get called out on fewer bowl appearances than us over the last five years? :unsure:

So Scott Frost has to win or else next season with a new offensive coaching staff plus new QB. I can see the Corn excuses in 2023 when they lose at Folsom Field: new coaching staff.

JUST NO WAY this is a serious quote from their AD.
Translation, TLDR: Scott Frost's buyout is too huge to get done, so we will reset and the fan base will stay interested...

Off topic, but I do think the "Oregon offense" has been figured out and it doesn't work all that well anymore. Chip Kelly doesn't run it anymore, Oregon certainly doesn't run it and I'm not sure anyone is still really running it with any effectiveness. A lot of it was predicated on going fast, and not allowing the D to substitute and that is off limits now.

Frost is in a tough place. He either has to convince Martinez to come back for his final season (and there is absolutely no reason to think that Captain Turnover will be any different next year) or, he has to push out his first and most important recruit, and roll with a new QB (freshman or grad transfer). All with his job very publicly on the line.

Completely at a loss for what Frost was thinking here- he reduced his salary AND the buyout?

What the **** was nebraska gonna do? Fire him and pay $20M this year or $15M next year? Now he's laid out the red carpet for them to fire his sorry ass next year at a greatly reduced buyout. ****ing idot.

Completely at a loss for what Frost was thinking here- he reduced his salary AND the buyout?

What the **** was ****braska gonna do? Fire him and pay $20M this year or $15M next year? Now he's laid out the red carpet for them to fire his sorry ass next year at a greatly reduced buyout. ****ing idot.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Not sure if he got the RG/KD guarantee, but when you KNOW your job is teetering on the success of the rest of this season and next, why the hell would you ole! a good amount of money that was on your current contract? That kNU education really helped Frost…shoulda stayed at Stanford, ya big dummy!

I am sensing that Nebraska is going to go full corn-fed power football or they are going to hire an OC to run the wishbone.

Frost was going to show the B1G a style of offense they hadn't seen (even though that was not true). He never had the speed-advantage that he had at UCF or that Oregon had 10 years ago when it actually worked really well.

CFB has moved to more power offenses and the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota in their own conference are all pretty effectively running power. I'm pretty sure the AD is wondering why Nebraska is trying to do something completely different than those guys and having crap results.

But much like many Buff fans, who still live in CoachMac glory-world, there is always pressure to go back 20+ years and do what worked then, so here comes the wishbone?

Last edited:
I'm going to guess here that Alberts entered the meeting with the idea that if Frost really, really wanted to be here, then it was going to come at a cost.
If he wanted to get fired and cash out, Alberts had to be ready to go that route and fire him on the spot.

But if Frost thought he'd not get another shot at a P5 Head Coaching gig anytime soon and would have to live the rest of his life as a "failure" and thus really, really wanted another year, then he'd have to negotiate new terms.

Does KD want to be Embree? Rick way over-paid and over-committed to KD and is it time right now to re-write some things? Does KD really want to live in Boulder? If he gets fired, I'd guess he does not.

Frost looked like dead man walking a few weeks ago but all their "close losses" have made it a little less obvious that he should be fired. Chinander saved him and his ****ty "Oregon offense".

KD, is in a similar situation in my opinion. I'll give it 1 more game to see if the offense can continue moving towards mediocre from awful. If progress is reversed, Rick George needs to have the same convo.

I'm going to guess here that Alberts entered the meeting with the idea that if Frost really, really wanted to be here, then it was going to come at a cost.
If he wanted to get fired and cash out, Alberts had to be ready to go that route and fire him on the spot.

But if Frost thought he'd not get another shot at a P5 Head Coaching gig anytime soon and would have to live the rest of his life as a "failure" and thus really, really wanted another year, then he'd have to negotiate new terms.

Does KD want to be Embree? Rick way over-paid and over-committed to KD and is it time right now to re-write some things? Does KD really want to live in Boulder? If he gets fired, I'd guess he does not.

Frost looked like dead man walking a few weeks ago but all their "close losses" have made it a little less obvious that he should be fired. Chinander saved him and his ****ty "Oregon offense".

KD, is in a similar situation in my opinion. I'll give it 1 more game to see if the offense can continue moving towards mediocre from awful. If progress is reversed, Rick George needs to have the same convo.

Problem being that RG has zero leverage. Dorrell has no illusions of taking another job after this one and knows CU does not have the money to fire him (Alberts definitely had that in his back pocket).

You might be giving Alberts too much credit. They're in permanent oblivion if they fire him because nobody worth a damn will take that job and I think they know that.

One more thing-NU is one of five bowl ineligible Power 5 programs for this year already.

frosty the snowman christmas movies GIF

Last edited:
Back