What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

"They're (****braska fans) some of the most cordial and knowledgable fans I've ever played in front of....which makes a lot of sense because the N stands for Nowledge."

"Well....that's cause I was 2-0 in Lincoln."

"I'm old enough to remember ending your 50 year bowl streak"

Joel Klatt this morning after Stink and Evans got him going coming off his weekend in Lincoln. Also talked about prank calling the governor of ****braska asking if two ****er grads who get a divorce can still be considered cousins.
The fact that Klatt was 2-0 against the Fuskers was mentioned by someone during last Saturday's broadcast of the Ohio State game.

"They're (****braska fans) some of the most cordial and knowledgable fans I've ever played in front of....which makes a lot of sense because the N stands for Nowledge."

"Well....that's cause I was 2-0 in Lincoln."

"I'm old enough to remember ending your 50 year bowl streak"

Joel Klatt this morning after Stink and Evans got him going coming off his weekend in Lincoln. Also talked about prank calling the governor of ****braska asking if two ****er grads who get a divorce can still be considered cousins.
I’ve told this story before, but as a friend of mine says, “it’s a good story and I wouldn’t mind hearing it again myself!”

I met Joel at the Big12 preseason media day in Houston back in 2005. He told the story of playing in Lincoln. The play call comes from the sideline, to run option. He said he walked to the line of scrimmage and thought about all the great option QBs that had played in that stadium and said, I’m going to be the slowest QB, to ever run option here. Said the play went absolutely no where.

I’ve told this story before, but as a friend of mine says, “it’s a good story and I wouldn’t mind hearing it again myself!”

I met Joel at the Big12 preseason media day in Houston back in 2005. He told the story of playing in Lincoln. The play call comes from the sideline, to run option. He said he walked to the line of scrimmage and thought about all the great option QBs that had played in that stadium and said, I’m going to be the slowest QB, to ever run option here. Said the play went absolutely no where.
Hahaha that is awesome

Ok so I have been told this is absolute fact but as it's an online message board and I clearly hate the fuskers, feel free to take this with a grain of salt re: Frosty re-negotiation.

My dad's coworker is really close (I believe they were dormmates in college at kNU) with one of the big donors in the know for Nebraska. This is what went on discussions for his renegotiation.

- Frost knocked up one of the girls in that bar he frequents
- Matt Davison (Fusker announcer) is the guy that owns the bar that they go to all the time after games. He's also the guy that supposedly gets Frost drunk all the time and is a big part of the reason Frost has been getting into trouble
- Frost was told he can no longer hang out with Davison (also they would be surprised if Davison comes back next year, he's probably getting canned)
- Not sure on the numbers (you can probably google it) but Frost took a major hit to his buyout numbers as expected. But he's also taking a lower yearly salary
- Alberts had the buyout money ready to go, so he approached Frost said "you can either re-negotiate, take the lower salary and lower buyout, or you can leave with your current buyout but your rep will be destroyed after these last 4 years and not to mention people are going to find out about the girl you knocked up one way or another"
- Here's the big kicker that absolutely blew my mind. Alberts told Frost that Martinez won't be starting next year. He's gotta either find a guy in the portal or he's gotta hope that the backup is ready to go because that was part of the deal letting him come back

**** Nebraska, this is hilarious. Eat **** Frost you deserve every bit of this coming your way.

Ok so I have been told this is absolute fact but as it's an online message board and I clearly hate the ****ers, feel free to take this with a grain of salt re: Frosty re-negotiation.

My dad's coworker is really close (I believe they were dormmates in college at kNU) with one of the big donors in the know for ****braska. This is what went on discussions for his renegotiation.

- Matt Davison (****er announcer) is the guy that owns the bar that they go to all the time after games. He's also the guy that supposedly gets Frost drunk all the time and is a big part of the reason Frost has been getting into trouble
- Frost was told he can no longer hang out with Davison (also they would be surprised if Davison comes back next year, he's probably getting canned)
- Not sure on the numbers (you can probably google it) but Frost took a major hit to his buyout numbers as expected. But he's also taking a lower yearly salary
- Alberts had the buyout money ready to go, so he approached Frost said "you can either re-negotiate, take the lower salary and lower buyout, or you can leave with your current buyout but your rep will be destroyed after these last 4 years and not to mention people are going to find out about the girl you knocked up one way or another"
- Here's the big kicker that absolutely blew my mind. Alberts told Frost that Martinez won't be starting next year. He's gotta either find a guy in the portal or he's gotta hope that the backup is ready to go because that was part of the deal letting him come back

**** ****braska, this is hilarious. Eat **** Frost you deserve every bit of this coming your way.
I will gladly take this all as fact.

Yeah, back in September, there was a mom going at Frost’s throat on every tweet he made for a few weeks about the cart girl situation lol. Her account got banned and those tweets have since been deleted but you just never know in that fish bowl if a wild rumor is wholly false. The coaches bar hopping a bunch is basically as on the record as it can get tho. Sounds like they’re trying to get Davison into politics so he’s not around the program anymore.

I actually don’t fully believe they had the money for the buyout. Definitely *could* have found the means to do so, but there are a few issues with that. One of the issues they’re dealing with is that a sizable amount of their big money donors are elderly people. These elderly people LOVE Frost. They love that he’s a handsome (their words) boy next door Nebraskan and they lap up the excuses. Frost could be failing in year 10 and they would blame Riley if Frost told them to.

This is why Alberts was hired, if Frost had to be let go, he fits the narrative those old people trust and are willing to believe in - a good handsome boy next door midwesterner. But Nebraska had the hardest schedule this year! Of course, that doesn’t excuse the Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois losses, but it doesn’t matter to the 35% of their fanbase that are still all in on Frost. And a chunk of that 35% are extremely important people in the donor pool.

Negotiating a smaller buyout for next year was a good choice for two sides that don’t have a lot of options. My only confusion is that Alberts is saying they need to get Frost someone to run the offense so he can be more of a CEO type of coach??? That’s literally his worst quality? Alberts also said they want to scrap the Oregon/UCF offense but we will see if that’s just talk. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hire Helfrich at OC and just run the same stuff. I mean, why would you keep Frost and then bring in an offense he has no expertise in?

Ok so I have been told this is absolute fact but as it's an online message board and I clearly hate the ****ers, feel free to take this with a grain of salt re: Frosty re-negotiation.

My dad's coworker is really close (I believe they were dormmates in college at kNU) with one of the big donors in the know for ****braska. This is what went on discussions for his renegotiation.

- Matt Davison (****er announcer) is the guy that owns the bar that they go to all the time after games. He's also the guy that supposedly gets Frost drunk all the time and is a big part of the reason Frost has been getting into trouble

**** ****braska, this is hilarious. Eat **** Frost you deserve every bit of this coming your way.
So in 9 months there's going to be a pug-nosed albino rugrat with a bad attitude crapping in its Pampers in Stinkholn? How small do they make the Letter Jackets?

This is great! That “you think he’s better than what we got” line needs to be on a shirt with a Wendy’s Frosty cup with Frost’s ugly crying face photoshopped in place of Wendy. or a picture of him hiding in the closet…

I never liked the guy. As a player, he just seemed like the complete douche kit. As an adult, it just became a bulk-sized kit.

True or not, I Iike. So does Herb.herb.jpg

Yeah, back in September, there was a mom going at Frost’s throat on every tweet he made for a few weeks about the cart girl situation lol. Her account got banned and those tweets have since been deleted but you just never know in that fish bowl if a wild rumor is wholly false. The coaches bar hopping a bunch is basically as on the record as it can get tho. Sounds like they’re trying to get Davison into politics so he’s not around the program anymore.

I actually don’t fully believe they had the money for the buyout. Definitely *could* have found the means to do so, but there are a few issues with that. One of the issues they’re dealing with is that a sizable amount of their big money donors are elderly people. These elderly people LOVE Frost. They love that he’s a handsome (their words) boy next door Nebraskan and they lap up the excuses. Frost could be failing in year 10 and they would blame Riley if Frost told them to.

This is why Alberts was hired, if Frost had to be let go, he fits the narrative those old people trust and are willing to believe in - a good handsome boy next door midwesterner. But ****braska had the hardest schedule this year! Of course, that doesn’t excuse the Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois losses, but it doesn’t matter to the 35% of their fanbase that are still all in on Frost. And a chunk of that 35% are extremely important people in the donor pool.

Negotiating a smaller buyout for next year was a good choice for two sides that don’t have a lot of options. My only confusion is that Alberts is saying they need to get Frost someone to run the offense so he can be more of a CEO type of coach??? That’s literally his worst quality? Alberts also said they want to scrap the Oregon/UCF offense but we will see if that’s just talk. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hire Helfrich at OC and just run the same stuff. I mean, why would you keep Frost and then bring in an offense he has no expertise in?
Power-I Flexbone offense next year.

I bet the majority of Nub fans would think that is a great idea. Would especially appeal to the older boosters with the deepest pockets.

I am sure it has been mentioned, but it would seem that someone needs to whisper a solid NIL deal with Spencer Rattler to move up to Lincoln, and oh by the way, play his former team next year! Chinander is a terrible DC and giving the defense credit for anything is silly despite the scores.

This is why Alberts was hired, if Frost had to be let go, he fits the narrative those old people trust and are willing to believe in - a good handsome boy next door midwesterner. But ****braska had the hardest schedule this year! Of course, that doesn’t excuse the Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois losses, but it doesn’t matter to the 35% of their fanbase that are still all in on Frost. And a chunk of that 35% are extremely important people in the donor pool.

I may have just taken the buyout and lived as a 1%er

How much arrogance do you have to have to go down with the sinking ship thinking you can right **** that has gone wrong for 4 years?

Last edited:

The only part of that that I don’t appreciate is the spine shown by Alberts.

The only part of that that I don’t appreciate is the spine shown by Alberts.
Sounds like boosters are running the show and he's doing what he's told.

Regardless, I find it interesting that the older boosters are putting up with the moral turpitude from Frost. Same folks ran Bo Pelini out of town over his brother Carl's shenanigans - and Bo was winning.

*iirc, Carl had an affair with a booster's wife and was also rumored to have a drug problem

Sounds like boosters are running the show and he's doing what he's told.

Regardless, I find it interesting that the older boosters are putting up with the moral turpitude from Frost. Same folks ran Bo Pelini out of town over his brother Carl's shenanigans - and Bo was winning.

*iirc, Carl had an affair with a booster's wife and was also rumored to have a drug problem
Bo didn't get the fanbase though. Also, he mocked them with that whole cat stunt.

But Frosty gets it, with his tousled reddish midwestern hair.

Anytime you want somebody who "looks the part" (Moneyball or every time Trump said "from central casting") you are already losing.

Bo didn't get the fanbase though. Also, he mocked them with that whole cat stunt.

But Frosty gets it, with his tousled reddish midwestern hair.

Anytime you want somebody who "looks the part" (Moneyball or every time Trump said "from central casting") you are already losing.
I think Frost looks like someone from central casting of a post- nuclear apocalypse movie.

Was that redundant?

For good or bad, I spent the weekend in Lincoln. Including around parts of the Athletic Department and lots of time with fans in various settings.

Some of these hot takes are just silly.

I’m not a Nebraska fan not a Friost supporter, but some of this is bunk born out of fan hatred.

I get it. It makes it fun. But it doesn’t make it real.

For good or bad, I spent the weekend in Lincoln. Including around parts of the Athletic Department and lots of time with fans in various settings.

I’m not a ****braska fan not a Friost supporter, but some of this is bunk born out of fan hatred.

Agreed. Although there has to be something going on behind the scenes if Frost agreed to the amended contract terms that are being reported.

Agreed. Although there has to be something going on behind the scenes if Frost agreed to the amended contract terms that are being reported.
Yes. Trev gave him an ultimatum. Predicted Frost would take the deal, rather than be shamed, just like the Harbaugh deal.

Trev played it right IMO.

I predict Coastal OC to NU. Good money but, more importantly, a two year deal.

I’m not a ****braska fan not a Friost supporter, but some of this is bunk born out of fan hatred.

Blink twice if you are under duress

You just like the name Korn. Its not the OC for their success, it's their HC...
I am aware of the structure and contributions at Coastal. Frost will be deeply involved in the O or get fired. He needs speed - and creativity - like he had a UCF.

Back