What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The first one that DBT posted looks much better for a couple of reasons. One, the enclosure goes all the way around from the east stands to the alley where the team comes out. There's no big gap like snow just mentioned. Secondly, it looks much better with the stands coming all the way to the field in the NE corner

I agree, except if you look at that sideline, it is not even close to reality without major reconfiguration of the stadium, we have to deal with what we have. Folsom has some weird proportions for a football stadium because they took out the running track and lowered the field about 10ft straight down.

Last edited:
The seats here are not normal seats. Those are also club seats so they are very worried about sight lines. Another issue is the angle that they are approaching the lower bowl makes it almost impossible to continue them down and fill in that space.

After thinking about it a second, I wonder if that space is going to kind of be a staging area for ralphie and her truck.

champions_club_seat.jpg

sample chair for the premium seating in the "Champions Club"
You can read more information about that here: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209511460&DB_OEM_ID=600
you misunderstood me. I meant our right, not skiers' right. I think you are talking about the space between the new building and dal ward.

I agree, except if you look at that sideline, it is not even close to reality without major reconfiguration of the stadium, we have to deal with what we have. Folsom has some weird proportions for a football stadium because they took out the running track and lowered the field about 10ft straight down.

Yea good point, and looking back at the construction photo in post #484 make the 2nd rendering much more realistic. But they could still connect the buildings up top to the east stands and give it a more closed-in look.

you misunderstood me. I meant our right, not skiers' right. I think you are talking about the space between the new building and dal ward.

No I am talking about that small little circular space between the original bowl of folsom and the NE expansion.

Yea good point, and looking back at the construction photo in post #484 make the 2nd rendering much more realistic. But they could still connect the buildings up top to the east stands and give it a more closed-in look.

They are probably leaving that open so that they have options for further expansion. Either expand the upper bowl and the box on that side, or ,when need dictates, expand the Football Complex.

No I am talking about that small little circular space between the original bowl of folsom and the NE expansion.
look higher. I'm not talking about the little space, I'm talking about the connection between the new building and the 2003 expansion.

look higher. I'm not talking about the little space, I'm talking about the connection between the new building and the 2003 expansion.

Ah gotcha. Ya then what I said in response to CarolinaBuff is probably what is going on.

Or maybe it is part of the "Buff Walk" RG envisions happening over there. It should be an open concourse straight out to the new path/staircase that separates Folsom and the IPF.

what the hell is with that weird space between the new building and the bowl? weird lookin. Also, wasted space. something they cut out to save $? Should be easy to expand there, no?
Umm, it's for air circulation. Yeah! That's it! Air circulation. They did wind tunnel tests.

Yeah. I know what you're talking about. The notch between the new building and the existing up at club level.

Yeah. I know what you're talking about. The notch between the new building and the existing up at club level.
As far as I can tell, they aren't going to be following the most recent picture you posted either. See the big wall going up against the 2003 expansion? That's not in the renderings.

As far as I can tell, they aren't going to be following the most recent picture you posted either. See the big wall going up against the 2003 expansion? That's not in the renderings.

Thats been there a while. It is huge and silver. I am not really sure what it is. DBT might be able to help with that.

BuJAOsEIcAADi7s.jpg

Thats been there a while. It is huge and silver. I am not really sure what it is. DBT might be able to help with that.

BuJAOsEIcAADi7s.jpg
Check out 6/12 between 2:37 and 2:51 and then between 5:35 and 5:49. I think it's probably a temporary vent duct for the office space below the bleachers.

Last edited:
seems like they are taking quite a awhile to get the end zone touchdown club seating in...maybe it goes really fast once they start.

seems like they are taking quite a awhile to get the end zone touchdown club seating in...maybe it goes really fast once they start.

They have to finish all the construction around there first with the railings and things like that. They don't want to damage the big padded luxury seats they are putting in.

I'm taking my senior design project for civil engineering this semester and our selected project is a new bridge that will cross Boulder creek from the path between the IPF and stadium down to the parking lots on the other side. I'll be working as the structural lead. We will be working with Mortensen and will get access to the construction site to survey. In fact, the winning design may be selected to be used for the actual project.

I'm not sure if I will be able to add much content to here but it will be cool to get up close to the construction throughout the semester. I'll try and post any pics that I can.

Also, if anyone on here has any resources on structural bridge design (especially CAD or Revit resources), PM me. I can use all of the resources I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking my senior design project for civil engineering this semester and our selected project is a new bridge that will cross Boulder creek from the path between the IPF and stadium down to the parking lots on the other side. I'll be working as the structural lead. We will be working with Mortensen and will get access to the construction site to survey. In fact, the winning design may be selected to be used for the actual project.

I'm not sure if I will be able to add much content to here but it will be cool to get up close to the construction throughout the semester. I'll try and post any pics that I can.

Also, if anyone on here has any resources on structural bridge design (especially CAD or Revit resources), PM me. I can use all of the resources I can get.

I'd probably look at manufactured pedestrian bridges, if it were me. Continental Bridge or equal. Make sure you consider erosion and sediment control permitting and other compliance. I'd bet the City of Boulder will want to be part of the approval process. Also, I'll bet you have to look at any effect on channel flow and upstream impact.

Now, if they actually want you to design it, personally, I'd try to avoid timber because it isn't very sustainable. I'd probably go with steel. But you might impress your professor if you did some sort of value analysis or choosing by advantage exercise.

Last edited:

Do some research with CONTECH, they are a prefab bride designer. They own/partner with Continental Bridge and Express Bridge, who all pre-fab pedestrian bridges. You might be able to find some good resources with them.

Pace has definitely slowed. Northeast stands will not be done, I don't think. But maybe I'm wrong. If they get all that done in 16 days, then I will be truly impressed.

Last edited:
Back