What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I know you to be a fan of hyperbole but you do realize how much construction was done at Union station right? pouring a couple buildings isn't going to make a dent in what is available in the metro.

And cherry creek and the airport and dtc and fitz and 225 and on 36. But yeah beside those places boulder has the rest.

They have stripped the forms off the tiers that were poured yesterday. More scaffolding going up everywhere. The thing keeps getting bigger and bigger.

They have stripped the forms off the tiers that were poured yesterday. More scaffolding going up everywhere. The thing keeps getting bigger and bigger.
According to RG on the radio show, they are adding 350,000 SF of floor space. I assume that includes the IPF.

According to RG on the radio show, they are adding 350,000 SF of floor space. I assume that includes the IPF.

Ya they started another phase of excavation on the IPF/Parking Garage yesterday... The footprint of this whole facility is going to be a lot bigger than I think most people imagined. Its going to be cool

So, the upper deck is going to be a composite steel and concrete deck. You can see 'em installing the decking.

Makes sense with the span since there is no horizontal support there.
The decking doesn't look like composite slab decking. It looks like just floor or roof deck. The picture is so damned fuzzy, it's really hard to tell.

BTW, if anyone couldn't tell, I and Shldr2Shlder eat this **** up. I'm having a lot of fun following the day to day, hell, hour to hour progress. The construction cam is awesome. I only wish it was high def.

The decking doesn't look like composite slab decking. It looks like just floor or roof deck. The picture is so damned fuzzy, it's really hard to tell.

BTW, if anyone couldn't tell, I and Shldr2Shlder eat this **** up. I'm having a lot of fun following the day to day, hell, hour to hour progress. The construction cam is awesome. I only wish it was high def.
No one is stopping you from taking a visit... :nod:

Could that be the first visible floor of the NE Complex instead of part of the seating?

Yes sir, of course it's safe, go ahead and take your seats...

They are using quick cure concrete. Additives in the mixture to catalyze the reaction that causes concrete to harden. It will be up to full structural strength by the time the game rolls around. They wouldn't be dumb enough to do it otherwise.

Also DBT the more I look at what is happening I think the decking is for the concourse level. Zooming in I see, well think I see, some pretty deep corrugation in the deck which should enable it to be structural.

Last edited:
yeah i get it just would make me a 'little' nervous sitting in an area that isn't 100% finished (above, below, behind, whatever) with cranes overhead etc.

I wonder if the Contractor has to pay liquidated damages if they aren't done on time?

yeah i get it just would make me a 'little' nervous sitting in an area that isn't 100% finished (above, below, behind, whatever) with cranes overhead etc.
The cranes are pretty far back. If they suddenly fall over, odds are, they will not hit you. That high early strength concrete gets really strong. Like 5,000 to 6,000 psi. But if it fails, with all the rebar, it'll only crack and sag a little. So, you will have time to run, screaming, to your mom.

The cranes are pretty far back. If they suddenly fall over, odds are, they will not hit you. That high early strength concrete gets really strong. Like 5,000 to 6,000 psi. But if it fails, with all the rebar, it'll only crack and sag a little. So, you will have time to run, screaming, to your mom.
DBTSlapped!

sorry meester 'outlook' police - the original attempt was at some humour but somehow turned into this oh well....go buffs
I'm not really serious and may have you mixed up with some other guy who has said twice before they won't be done in time. Go buffs.

So, I counted. The loge area has 468 seats. At 10K a pop, that is $4,680,000. But that is in the center section. Are those the ones that ar $10k each or is it just in the two side sections with the tables? I don't know how the whole north end zone thing works.

So, I counted. The loge area has 468 seats. At 10K a pop, that is $4,680,000. But that is in the center section. Are those the ones that ar $10k each or is it just in the two side sections with the tables? I don't know how the whole north end zone thing works.

The loge boxes are the two on either end. They are four person boxes with a table and moveable chairs and all kinds of food service and drink service. Those are 10k a box.

The touchdown club is the center piece. Access to the club level that will be in Dal Ward when it is renovated. Those are a different price.

Wow!! Those seat bases went in in a real hurry. 10:40am this morning, no seats. 1:30pm, seats.

Back