What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The loge boxes are the two on either end. They are four person boxes with a table and moveable chairs and all kinds of food service and drink service. Those are 10k a box.

The touchdown club is the center piece. Access to the club level that will be in Dal Ward when it is renovated. Those are a different price.
Ah. Danke schoen. I was kind of thinking that. So 40x4x$10,000=$1,600,000. And 468 seats at whatever they get for those. A couple of grand each maybe?

Rick's big emphasis on the radio show was, "We have to get revenue up." This is part of it. But also a big part is selling out games which won't happen until you begin winning.

Ah. Danke schoen. I was kind of thinking that. So 40x4x$10,000=$1,600,000. And 468 seats at whatever they get for those. A couple of grand each maybe?

Rick's big emphasis on the radio show was, "We have to get revenue up." This is part of it. But also a big part is selling out games which won't happen until you begin winning.

I think it's 10k per box, and you can bring 4 people into it. Or one person if you don't share well. Still 10k per season. So 400k per season for those. I might be wrong, but pretty sure nobody is paying 40k a season for endzone seats.

Close. It is $10k for the box. So its $2500 per seat.

The black stuff is drying a dark grey on the NE corner. It was roll on. It may have just been a concrete sealant.

each loge box is $10K per year starting in 2015 (all premium seating has a discount in 2014 since the construction will still be going for the club and extra food amenities). each endzone (touchdown club) seat is $1400/yr. see linkhttp://cusustainableexcellence.com/#premium

That's almost all new revenue. Before, it was a wonky section that was split with visitor fans (no donation on visitor tix). And the CU tix were some of the cheaper ones, which still didn't sell very well.

Flipping through the north end zone construction, I realized that they left space under the center seating section. I wonder what they'll use that for? Storage? Maybe a secret passage to the secret tunnels?

Flipping through the north end zone construction, I realized that they left space under the center seating section. I wonder what they'll use that for? Storage? Maybe a secret passage to the secret tunnels?

based on where that is against Dal Ward i think storage is a good guess, the current staff has converted some former storage areas into meeting rooms and it looks like they may convert those new meeting rooms into spaces for non-revenue coaches or academic success.

I'm taking my senior design project for civil engineering this semester and our selected project is a new bridge that will cross Boulder creek from the path between the IPF and stadium down to the parking lots on the other side. I'll be working as the structural lead. We will be working with Mortensen and will get access to the construction site to survey. In fact, the winning design may be selected to be used for the actual project.

I'm not sure if I will be able to add much content to here but it will be cool to get up close to the construction throughout the semester. I'll try and post any pics that I can.

Also, if anyone on here has any resources on structural bridge design (especially CAD or Revit resources), PM me. I can use all of the resources I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My office has CAD and Revit. Our bridge design stuff is old but still general principles.

My office has CAD and Revit. Our bridge design stuff is old but still general principles.

No No No!! Hand calcs and hand drafting! Learn how to use a LEROY guide, man!

3.htm78.gif

I maintain that they will have an easier time selling those loge boxes if they can find a way to provide some shade for them.

I maintain that they will have an easier time selling those loge boxes if they can find a way to provide some shade for them.
That's what hats are for. Maybe for each seat, they will throw in a free cap.

I would have loved to see them orient the IPF east/west instead, but they probably didn't have enough space.

Looking at the footprint they are digging, there is no way it would have fit that way. Would have been nice though.

the ne building is going to be massive - hard to envision it with what they have in already looks big...

Well, they are placing concrete but we won't know what they are doing until they strip the forms.

Well, they are placing concrete but we won't know what they are doing until they strip the forms.

Looks like the next tier is being poured. Can't tell for sure. Lots of seats going in, and mesh screens in the endzone.

The rendering, because of perspective view, makes the IPF look twice as big as the field.

Back