What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

If there are less workers around today -- could it be b/c they are planning on working through night shifts now? That schedule update said 24 hour days are possible.

If there are less workers around today -- could it be b/c they are planning on working through night shifts now? That schedule update said 24 hour days are possible.

No doubt Sarah Kuta is standing by with pen in hand ready to interview sleepless Boulder residents.

Well, they did place some concrete and they are setting forms. They are pouring the strip between the old bleachers and the new ones.

Hope it's closer to field turf than astroturf. I hated seeing guys run off the field than slide like it was an ice rink cause of the astroturf.

Edit: looks like astroturf does it's own version of field turf. good.

Looks like they be bringin' in de styrofoam. Also, check out that bleacher form they are using. That's pretty cool. I go back and forth on them being done in time. This week will tell. I'd figure if they were really trying, they'd have worked over the holiday. But then, maybe they are right on schedule and not sweating.

Last edited:
Bringin' in de Styrofoam, get your ass over there and help G. Wear that pink suit and take pictures lol jk.

Last edited:
This looks awesome.

So what is the expected completion date of the whole project?? I know the new parking garage was going to add more time. I think I read December 2015? Or is it even longer?

Just had out tour of the site today. We had one of the project managers talk to us about the NE stands/athletics complex and one of the superintendents tell us about the IPF and the buff walk. According to the PM, the end zone seats are all but done and they are still expecting to have the NE seats finished by the deadline. To answer the question above, the IPF is supposed to be finished by January of 2016.

Here's the athletics complex and the backside of the NE seating.

4205fd7374203ae0e14d1168abe98b81.jpg

fc356f034c2e8f1834893c7d15683b68.jpg

3ed7d4e0390d5131043cc5343c2b70e7.jpg

The IPF excavation site.

1d479c92cf6ca57133a26bfab20e1ea7.jpg

eda0cc6bd43f70642ac8b96301f6b460.jpg

4c3f24385730910ec2981f9ee308d88c.jpg

And the view from the north

486733a9403ab5ebbc9b9cd8179c479c.jpg

87fcd0c42155220c53132042bdd05641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep to Young Buff for the good word and the pics. Looks like they are getting ready to place a lot of concrete today. I'd expect tomorrow they'll be stripping most of the form work for the northeast stands and start forming/building the "steps."

A lot more activity in the view of the camera today. Lots of guys all over the place. Foam is all stacked and ready to be placed.

MUD'S HERE!!

Hard to tell how much and where, but I think they are pouring all the rest of the upper section of the seating area. I'll bet they strip the forms tomorrow and it'll look like a pretty big leap forward.

Last edited:
It's how you finish that matters! Faster fellas.... must go faster!

[video=youtube;5R_HIcE_TIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_HIcE_TIE[/video]

Last edited:
MUD'S HERE!!

Hard to tell how much and where, but I think they are pouring all the rest of the upper section of the seating area. I'll bet they strip the forms tomorrow and it'll look like a pretty big leap forward.

Very top isn't formed out yet. Rebar is in though. Could be finished tomorrow though if they start working that 24hour clock.

Scaffolding on the first level is coming out though. Structurally ready.

Last edited:
Very top isn't formed out yet. Rebar is in though. Could be finished tomorrow though if they start working that 24hour clock.

Scaffolding on the first level is coming out though. Structurally ready.
I wish the cam was HD. Everything is fuzzy when I zoom in.

I can't see jack **** with that light shining in my face! It'll be really interesting to check it out tomorrow morning and see how much they got done.

Just had out tour of the site today. We had one of the project managers talk to us about the NE stands/athletics complex and one of the superintendents tell us about the IPF and the buff walk. According to the PM, the end zone seats are all but done and they are still expecting to have the NE seats finished by the deadline. To answer the question above, the IPF is supposed to be finished by January of 2016.

Here's the athletics complex and the backside of the NE seating.
Nice pictures, thanks for taking them. You can't really see just how big the NE endzone is based on the web cam, I'm gonna try to snap a few pictures next Friday when I'm over there.

Nothing dramatic in the cam view from yesterday to today. I think they probably built forms so they can place concrete today. But it's really hard to tell. They may have done a lot of work on the back side that really isn't in camera view.

Back