What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Those precast panels really change the look over in that corner.

More of the same today, hope the rain moves out quickly so they can pour some concrete today.

2nd shipment of seats appears to have arrived.

Laying down base for astroturf

Foam is almost done on the first level.

Formwork coming off most of the top level. They are using some rapid cure concrete, because that was all poured sometime yesterday evening. Now time for lots and lots of foam work.

Do you think anyone on this site besides you and me know the hell what a steak finger is?

I did not realize they'd installed precast on the east and west ends of the north bleachers. Just noticed that. The precast looks awesome. They are adding a **** load of space both under the north end zone and under the northeast seating area. I wonder if they are going to put a big roll up garage door on that opening?
They are missing out if they don't know what a damn steak finger is. Hope these guys finish the construction.

RG is hoping they finish, but has a contingency plan if they don't. They'll move the 300 plus ticket holders to the 200 sections in the east stands. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I TELL YA, that they can find other seats in which to put them.

RG is hoping they finish, but has a contingency plan if they don't. They'll move the 300 plus ticket holders to the 200 sections in the east stands. I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I TELL YA, that they can find other seats in which to put them.

They can kiss our ass if they think we are moving up a whole 45+ rows to watch in the 200s. If the construction isn't done they should give better or equal tickets on the East side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can kiss our ass if they think we are moving up a whole 45+ rows to watch in the 200s. If the construction isn't done they should give better or equal tickets on the East side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't even know where the seats are that they're talking about moving you to. They could be 45+ rows up, but on the 50 yard line. You could be moving from the end zone to the 50 yard line. You still want them to kiss your ass? Hell, even if you're somewhere between the 20's, I'd be satisfied.

I sympathize with anyone who gets moved, but it is really one game in all likely-hood. Seems like something that those fans should bite the bullet on, considering the overall benefit to the program.

You don't even know where the seats are that they're talking about moving you to. They could be 45+ rows up, but on the 50 yard line. You could be moving from the end zone to the 50 yard line. You still want them to kiss your ass? Hell, even if you're somewhere between the 20's, I'd be satisfied.

sensible comment -- I'm thrilled if i'm between the 20's and generally don't think it's worth the extra money to be between the 40's. Similar for hoops: put me between the foul lines and I'm happy.

I sympathize with anyone who gets moved, but it is really one game in all likely-hood. Seems like something that those fans should bite the bullet on, considering the overall benefit to the program.

I would also assume that anyone who bought seats in the NE corner this season knew they were doing it at a risk, but decided to take that risk (along with the incomplete amenities) so that they'd be locked in for 2015 and beyond when all the bells and whistles are in place.

Having the new seats would be a nice visual boost on an ESPN Broadcast. I hope they can get it done.

For where we are, it looks like it's going to be at about the perfect stage. What's in (and will be in for next Saturday) looks exceptional. And what's not in is an absolutely huge footprint of dug out dirt and framework.

Also, I'm impressed enough by what I'm seeing that I'm actually tempted to look at those seating options for next season even though I love where I'm at and have a better sight line from my current seats. It's great to have more seating options. Hopefully when they do the west side they'll consider a "family area" with no booze and easy access to a children's play area in Balch as a way to give even more options.

Love that black railing and seating in the endzone. Would look cool for the rest of the stadium to go that direction whenever we add real seats.... although I wonder if it would be too hot

Love that black railing and seating in the endzone. Would look cool for the rest of the stadium to go that direction whenever we add real seats.... although I wonder if it would be too hot

I would imagine, in the future, when they continue to diversify seating options that those same types of black "leather" padded seats will make their way between the 40's on both sides. Not sure about the rest of it though.

Black gets what, like 2 degrees hotter than a different color? I thought about that, but I'll suffer that for how cool it will look and how much of an improvement on cold days it will be over the current aluminum bleachers. I just don't think gold would have the same impact on how over-the-top Folsom would look with black seats. I'm thinking about Coors here and the gold is kind of meh. We need to stain all the concrete black in there. That's a whole other discussion, though.

Good point about the cold days.... September might suck, but November would be much better

Black gets what, like 2 degrees hotter than a different color? I thought about that, but I'll suffer that for how cool it will look and how much of an improvement on cold days it will be over the current aluminum bleachers. I just don't think gold would have the same impact on how over-the-top Folsom would look with black seats. I'm thinking about Coors here and the gold is kind of meh. We need to stain all the concrete black in there. That's a whole other discussion, though.

Suspended Black ceiling, black seats (except the student section make those badass gold bleachers) Black concrete. DOOM TO ALL WHO ENTER

back on topic,

The temp difference is going to depend on how hot it is. I have seen the difference between a white jersey and a black jersey reach 10-12 degrees. I would imagine seats baking all afternoon would be similar. However it would look incredible.

Another of the pre-fab outer facings just went in. Concrete flowing like beer at a sackygate.

I'm beginning to wonder if they'll make the northeast seating deadline. They have a lot to do. After they get the foam in, they have to get the rebar in and then build forms, pour, take out forms, build more, pour, etc. Then they have to get all the railing in, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if they'll make the northeast seating deadline. They have a lot to do. After they get the foam in, they have to get the rebar in and then build forms, pour, take out forms, build more, pour, etc. Then they have to get all the railing in, etc.

24hr work days. Its going to be tight though. The rain and cold nights aren't helping though.

I'd love it if they alternated black and gold seats... but you do have a valid point about coors looking like crap

Hopefully all the seats are covered by butts. I propose enforcing a black clothing only dress code, black face optional.

sure seems like they need another week past next but heck if i know. what are all the white dots on the black goop? this camera sucks for detail...

Looks like they just finished the final pour in the north end zone to complete the top where it abuts Dal Ward.

Back