What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Nice pictures, thanks for taking them. You can't really see just how big the NE endzone is based on the web cam, I'm gonna try to snap a few pictures next Friday when I'm over there.

when you go over there, please clean the webcam off. there's a bunch of schmutz and it's hard to see. TIA.

Forms are off the pour from yesterday, forms going up on the final pour for the superstructure. Forms going up for the seating levels now.

Foam is starting to get organized.

Looks like they are doing more prep on astroturf surface in north endzone.

Lots of guys all over that NE corner.

Hmm. So the northeast seating will not have bleachers. They will have movable chairs? Seats are $55 per game. The loge boxes are $1,350 per game.

http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/f...56&hq_e=el&hq_m=735791&hq_l=1&hq_v=42f2e5d356

I've got to say, it seems really hokie to me. Especially the "all inclusive food and non-alcoholic ​beverages. Who's going to pay $1,350 a game for that?

You still get access to the alcoholic beverages in the club level, once it is finished. You just don't get them included in the price.

You still get access to the alcoholic beverages in the club level, once it is finished. You just don't get them included in the price.
I'm sorry, but for $350 a seat per game, if I were a drinker, I'd want booze!! I hope they have better food than the concessions offers. I also don't get the movable chairs in the northeast seating area. Is this just a temporary thing until they can get permanent seating in due to the construction schedule? It sure makes it easier for them to be ready by opening day, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but for $350 a seat per game, if I were a drinker, I'd want booze!! I hope they have better food than the concessions offers. I also don't get the movable chairs in the northeast seating area. Is this just a temporary thing until they can get permanent seating in due to the construction schedule? It sure makes it easier for them to be ready by opening day, I guess.

No. That is how that section was planned to be. They are bar height seats with food/drink rails. Offers a different type of club level type seating option. Folsom has needed to diversify its seating options for a while now.

No. That is how that section was planned to be. They are bar height seats with food/drink rails. Offers a different type of club level type seating option. Folsom has needed to diversify its seating options for a while now.
Yeah, I realized that and was editing my post when your's popped up. That isn't a bad deal at $55 per seat per game.

Yeah, I realized that and was editing my post when your's popped up. That isn't a bad deal at $55 per seat per game.

No it really isn't. They aren't great seats but you get some type of club level access (once it is built) and honestly bar height chairs would be more comfortable and give a better view from the corner anyway.

Precast concrete facades are coming in now.

More foam loaded up on the decks.

Formwork going up everywhere.

Precast concrete facades are coming in now.

More foam loaded up on the decks.

Formwork going up everywhere.
I had no clue what you were talking about and was looking all around until I finally saw it. Cool. I'll bet they have those up by the end of the day. That'll be a dramatic change.

I had no clue what you were talking about and was looking all around until I finally saw it. Cool. I'll bet they have those up by the end of the day. That'll be a dramatic change.

Assuming they are all on site now, ya they should be up real quick. Its only taking them about 30-45min to get one lifted placed and secured. Looks like they might be able to pour again today to finish the final tier. Just depends how quickly that formwork goes together. Foam is starting to finally look like something too.

Pouring upper mezzanine and vertical face of upper tier, setting more precast and going to town on Styrofoam.

I keep checking the construction cam to see what's happening, but every time I look every single guy is standing still!

I keep checking the construction cam to see what's happening, but every time I look every single guy is standing still!
Fire his ass! I checked it out before I left work and they were setting a piece of precast. I drove all the way home and checked just now. They are still trying to set the same piece. I wonder if they are having issues getting it to fit?

Fire his ass! I checked it out before I left work and they were setting a piece of precast. I drove all the way home and checked just now. They are still trying to set the same piece. I wonder if they are having issues getting it to fit?

I think something is in the way is more like it. It hasn't moved from the spot it is at now.

I love work. I can sit and watch it for hours.
Watching people work is cathartic. When I retire, I'm going to take my fold up chair and just go sit somewhere and watch people work. Maybe I could become a work play by play announcer or something.

"And, there he goes, he has powered up his computer!"
"And the log in is complete! Did you see how smoothly he hit that "Enter" key! Holy moley! That was slick!"
"And folks, what a development. He has been called into his bosses office. This DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!"

Last edited:
Finally got that bitch of a piece of precast in. They have the upper tier painted with the black waterproofing schmutz.

Watching people work is cathartic. When I retire, I'm going to take my fold up chair and just go sit somewhere and watch people work. Maybe I could become a work play by play announcer or something.

"And, there he goes, he has powered up his computer!"
"And the log in is complete! Did you see how smoothly he hit that "Enter" key! Holy moley! That was slick!"
"And folks, what a development. He has been called into his bosses office. This DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!"
Whatever man, you should of retired 200 years ago, you can just cheat old age for some reason. Go mow your grass punk ass San Angelino lol.

Whatever man, you should of retired 200 years ago, you can just cheat old age for some reason. Go mow your grass punk ass San Angelino lol.
God knows, I wish I could retire! BTW, your post pisses me off! :wink2:

Put a Buddy's steak finger up your nose, don't worry, ill make that bitch fit lol. Hope these guys finish it off. Gotta talk **** with Angelo guys, they were in our district.

Put a Buddy's steak finger up your nose, don't worry, ill make that bitch fit lol. Hope these guys finish it off. Gotta talk **** with Angelo guys, they were in our district.
Do you think anyone on this site besides you and me know the hell what a steak finger is?

I did not realize they'd installed precast on the east and west ends of the north bleachers. Just noticed that. The precast looks awesome. They are adding a **** load of space both under the north end zone and under the northeast seating area. I wonder if they are going to put a big roll up garage door on that opening?

Back