What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I'm beginning to wonder if they'll make the northeast seating deadline. They have a lot to do. After they get the foam in, they have to get the rebar in and then build forms, pour, take out forms, build more, pour, etc. Then they have to get all the railing in, etc.

Wow. Even though you've been checking out the construction daily, it only took you 4 hours to change your mind.

Wow. Even though you've been checking out the construction daily, it only took you 4 hours to change your mind.
I have no experience with styrofoam construction, :lol: I really thought they'd make a lot more progress today. Then I went back in time on the cam site and watched 'em do the loge seating. That's when I realized how much effort it takes. The northeast seats have even more steps than the loge seats did. But still, they have seven full days with early Saturday to do cleanup and get the seats and stuff in. So it isn't impossible. They just seem to be piddling around with the styrofoam.

Hope the money for donations flows like wine when this is done, because I am already ready to see the NW corner and Balch redone in a big way (with club level seats on the west side too). Not as high as the east side, but a second level.

Hope the money for donations flows like wine when this is done, because I am already ready to see the NW corner and Balch redone in a big way (with club level seats on the west side too). Not as high as the east side, but a second level.

Would be nice. But 8-10 years off imo. If not more

Sure are putzing around with the styrofoam. Almost looks like they've had some **** ups or something. Or they can't exactly figure out what they're doing.

Astroturf is in for the north end zone.

Outer facings for the NE corner are installed.

At this point, it's pretty much all about watching the styrofoam forms and concrete pours in the NE to see if it will be ready for Saturday.

Astroturf is in for the north end zone.

Outer facings for the NE corner are installed.

At this point, it's pretty much all about watching the styrofoam forms and concrete pours in the NE to see if it will be ready for Saturday.

So help me out here. We are not doing natural field turf anymore? We are going to a new astro turf? like Oklahoma state? (I saw the company who is putting the astro field and they had OSU as their client with pictures of their stadium).

So help me out here. We are not doing natural field turf anymore? We are going to a new astro turf? like Oklahoma state? (I saw the company who is putting the astro field and they had OSU as their client with pictures of their stadium).

I think the astro turf is only on the sidelines. At least I hope.

It just borders the grass field. It had been like that on the team sidelines for a long time and there is a strip of it in the north end zone between the field and the stanchion.

I think they do this because those are areas that have people walking and standing constantly (whether players or spirit squad) and would be most likely to get patchy in a hurry if it was natural grass.

It just borders the grass field. It had been like that on the team sidelines for a long time and there is a strip of it in the north end zone between the field and the stanchion.

I think they do this because those are areas that have people walking and standing constantly (whether players or spirit squad) and would be most likely to get patchy in a hurry if it was natural grass.

Got it. Thanks!

Just checked the cam. Workers are on site getting started Sunday morning.

Somebody go wake DBT up. We need play by play!

It's Sunday morning. DBT got up at 5am, drank his Metamucil, read the Sunday paper, went out to Country Kitchen Buffet, and is now heading to church. Then, after he's done feeding some pigeons, he'll get home and start giving us updates.

Somebody go wake DBT up. We need play by play!

It's Sunday morning. DBT got up at 5am, drank his Metamucil, read the Sunday paper, went out to Country Kitchen Buffet, and is now heading to church. Then, after he's done feeding some pigeons, he'll get home and start giving us updates.
Methuselah will let us know it isn't going to finish on time, yes it is, no it isn't - wait - how are they doing those styrofoam forms again?
:thumbsup:

Six days away and they are going to have this ready? Fascinating to watch actually. I know less than nothing about construction - but no freakn way...right?

3dpteqD.jpg

Six days away and they are going to have this ready? Fascinating to watch actually. I know less than nothing about construction - but no freakn way...right?
Seems to me that they are struggling with the styrofoam. Looks like they have the rebar on the lower couple of tiers. But, man, they'd better start placing concrete real soon. That means rebar and forms. On the loge section, they placed every other tier on one day then stripped and rebuilt the forms on the remaining tiers and placed them. It took, like, 3 days.

I don't see any way that is done if the timeline of the end zone work is indicative of the NE corner.

I don't either. But, then again, I really am completely ignorant as to the scope of the work, the time it takes to do the things on the punch list, and how many hours they'll be working this week (i.e., is it 24-hours a day in 3 shift? all week). It's hard for me to imagine all of this getting done and we did look at styrofoam forms for over a week in the end zone, but I just don't know.

Back