What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

They have to be heavier since they look a lot like insulation as well. I don't believe these are used for bearing. They are most likely designed to span to the bearing points of the structure below and are strictly for forming purposes.

They look like they are used for the bearing of the slabs for the seating sections. There would be a lot more rebar in a traditional construction wouldn't there? The at the very least get rid of any unsupported spans in the slabs.

at the rate they are going, they will finish the concrete on the old part of folsom sometime late tomorrow... and won't even get the foam fully rebarred until Thursday. They would have to work all night to get everything ready to pour tomorrow.

oh yea, and rumors of snow possible for Friday AM. :lol:

at the rate they are going, they will finish the concrete on the old part of folsom sometime late tomorrow... and won't even get the foam fully rebarred until Thursday. They would have to work all night to get everything ready to pour tomorrow.

oh yea, and rumors of snow possible for Friday AM. :lol:

Snow????

Ladies & Gentlemen -- we have concrete starting to pour for the NE seating structures.

2014-09-08_17-21-08.jpg

Edit: They are attempting to 'get er done" on time per corner seating. Options are in place if they don't for ASU. If you are sitting in the Touchdown Club" general seating area you likely already know that.

Slightly OT: Anybody ever sit in the endzone area? Drop me a PM or comment if you have a thought on that. I am thinking about the TD club for next year. Has some perks. On the 8 yd line now opposite student sec.

Check it Orange, but I think folks in corner section season still under construction will be in the "Touchdown Club" section for the season. I have inquired about touchdown club seats, they are not available this year in order to accommodate those displaced. That has been the plan for sometime. Do call season ticket office and confirm this. This is not the loge boxes, but the larger seating area in the new section. I have been told the touchdown club section will be full all season due to construction. I do think they plan to open up the corner in a couple of games from now as they are able.

Last edited:
Check it Orange, but I think folks in corner section season still under construction will be in the "Touchdown Club" section for the season. I have inquired about touchdown club seats, they are not available this year in order to accommodate those displaced. That has been the plan for sometime. Do call season ticket office and confirm this. This is not the loge boxes, but the larger seating area in the new section. I have been told the touchdown club section will be full all season due to construction. I do think they plan to open up the corner in a couple of games from now as they are able.
Hmm. The RG interview said they'd probably be put in the east stands. We shall see.

Hip Hip Hooray!!

I'm also in 121 and anxiously await where I will actually be sitting Saturday night.

The new mini Section 121 or Champion Club. I believe Section 121 will be ready. As discussed below it will be tough to have Champs Club done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone think RG will fire the superintendent if they don't get done?

LOL. He may ask him to be replaced. I would love to sit in those OCA meetings. Mortenson was the right group to go with. No doubt.

The new mini Section 121 or Champion Club. I believe Section 121 will be ready. As discussed below it will be tough to have Champs Club done.

I bought extra tickets in Champion Club for homecoming. Sales guy was certainly on the fence about if all would be done for AZ St.

I'd rather them do a quality job than rush it and have screw ups. I think they underestimated the complexity of the foam installation. I wish I could see how they are doing it. It almost looks like they are using, like, 3 or 4 inch thick sheets and just building up the tiers. Cutting the stuff as they go. I'd have thought they could've had the foam custom cut into sections with the steps pre-formed. Hell, I don't know. In the one I did, I detailed the styrofoam so that it could be prefabricated but I never saw them install it.

Looks to me like they are using a variety of sizes. Some look like large blocks, others look like sheets. Also I am not sure they are putting in rebar for this top coat. Looks more like wire mesh like they use in house slabs or driveways which would make sense because that concrete is not structural in the sense that it won't be seeing the tension load that the rebar is required for. The wire mesh helps prevent cracking in the slabs.

If that is the steel they use in slabs then I want that in my house. Wire mesh is the size of maybe a #1 bar and that is what you see in home slab construction.

That appears to be the #4 or 5 coated non-corrosive rebar you see in highway slabs/exterior applications. Those slabs are 6-8" thick and take/transfer a fair amount of load.

After reading up on the geofoams (not styrofoam), they are great for form use and insulation and load transfer to the bearing elements below.

Anyone know what type of material they put in for that pathway between the North end zone and the NE stands? Asphalt?

Looks like they're putting down asphalt between the north end zone and the west stands.

progress 9-9.JPG

Asphalt going in on the west ramp.

Formwork going up on the NE corner.

Finish grading being done on the east ramp.

Final prep for pouring the bleachers on the north end of the bowl.

Field being prepped for paint. Almost time for the Home Opener!

Is Goonie going to open a line in the Allbuffs sports book about which game the NE corner will be occupied?

BxGNJWpIYAAEEOF.jpg

The last 12-15 steps of section 121 are formed and should be poured today. The first large bench of NE Champs Club appears to have been poured. Second to 7th bench/step have rebar in north and mid section and second row has formwork being placed. Will be cool to see what 24 hours does because they did a ton yesterday.

I'd rather them do a quality job than rush it and have screw ups. I think they underestimated the complexity of the foam installation. I wish I could see how they are doing it. It almost looks like they are using, like, 3 or 4 inch thick sheets and just building up the tiers. Cutting the stuff as they go. I'd have thought they could've had the foam custom cut into sections with the steps pre-formed. Hell, I don't know. In the one I did, I detailed the styrofoam so that it could be prefabricated but I never saw them install it.

Seems like a perfect application for 3D printing.

Seems like a perfect application for 3D printing.
Yeah. I know very little about that, but that does make sense.

They have the pumper in place, so must be getting ready to start placing concrete.

Back