What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Buffnut99 is RG?

RG is Buffnut99

giphy.gif

Edit: They are attempting to 'get er done" on time per corner seating. Options are in place if they don't for ASU. If you are sitting in the Touchdown Club" general seating area you likely already know that.

Slightly OT: Anybody ever sit in the endzone area? Drop me a PM or comment if you have a thought on that. I am thinking about the TD club for next year. Has some perks. On the 8 yd line now opposite student sec.

Check it Orange, but I think folks in corner section season still under construction will be in the "Touchdown Club" section for the season. I have inquired about touchdown club seats, they are not available this year in order to accommodate those displaced. That has been the plan for sometime. Do call season ticket office and confirm this. This is not the loge boxes, but the larger seating area in the new section. I have been told the touchdown club section will be full all season due to construction. I do think they plan to open up the corner in a couple of games from now as they are able.

Edit: They are attempting to 'get er done" on time per corner seating. Options are in place if they don't for ASU. If you are sitting in the Touchdown Club" general seating area you likely already know that.

Slightly OT: Anybody ever sit in the endzone area? Drop me a PM or comment if you have a thought on that. I am thinking about the TD club for next year. Has some perks. On the 8 yd line now opposite student sec.

Check it Orange, but I think folks in corner section season still under construction will be in the "Touchdown Club" section for the season. I have inquired about touchdown club seats, they are not available this year in order to accommodate those displaced. That has been the plan for sometime. Do call season ticket office and confirm this. This is not the loge boxes, but the larger seating area in the new section. I have been told the touchdown club section will be full all season due to construction. I do think they plan to open up the corner in a couple of games from now as they are able.

I sat in the North End zone on occasion more than a decade ago. At least personally I find it really hard to catch the action unless a team is heading North and inside the 15 yard line. There is a reason that the 50 yard line is considered the best seating. I just don't understand the concept of premium seating in the end zone.

I sat in the North End zone on occasion more than a decade ago. At least personally I find it really hard to catch the action unless a team is heading North and inside the 15 yard line. There is a reason that the 50 yard line is considered the best seating. I just don't understand the concept of premium seating in the end zone.

With the new HD screens in Folsom, not really a bad seat in the house anymore. Agree though, premium seats should probably be in premium areas, but they are doing it everywhere for some reason.

Price point for TD club is compelling relative to others but I will cut it off at that so as not to slow down construction :drink:

I find it weird, but some people will pay for service at their seat and a "private" box even when they have a poor view. Maybe they like the atmosphere at the game and don't care so much about viewing. I know that before I bought a TD club box I would make RG promise that CU would choose that endzone whenever a game goes into overtime.

I'm curious if they will cover the precast concrete walls with flagstone to match campus. Currently, I am really not a fan of this design program or its aethetics. It doesn't really match the stadium and interrupts the flow from Dal Ward. It looks like it was value engineered to this current design. The first rendered design, in water color, was quite nice and fit Folsom really well. This gives and ivory tower feel that really goes against that Folsom atmosphere. That nice intimate, all one level field (minus the club level) was a really nice aspect of Folsom before this.

Has anybody seen any discussions on the design? Call me a whiner or whatever you want but it's something important that usually gets over looked.

I'm curious if they will cover the precast concrete walls with flagstone to match campus. Currently, I am really not a fan of this design program or its aethetics. It doesn't really match the stadium and interrupts the flow from Dal Ward. It looks like it was value engineered to this current design. The first rendered design, in water color, was quite nice and fit Folsom really well. This gives and ivory tower feel that really goes against that Folsom atmosphere. That nice intimate, all one level field (minus the club level) was a really nice aspect of Folsom before this.

Has anybody seen any discussions on the design? Call me a whiner or whatever you want but it's something important that usually gets over looked.
Folsom Render.JPG

The precast concrete matches the concrete design that was and is around the base of Dal Ward.

The render doesn't show it, but there is a bridge connecting the two facilities. There will be sandstone, and lots of it I think. The different seating angle and height and all that has to do with the types of seats going in there.

I also wonder if they don't have that half circle cut out thing to give ralphie, the truck, and her handlers some extra space

Have to remember its not just a new seating section, but part of the entire new complex.

Last edited:
View attachment 14839

The precast concrete matches the concrete design that was and is around the base of Dal Ward.

The render doesn't show it, but there is a bridge connecting the two facilities. There will be sandstone, and lots of it I think. The different seating angle and height and all that has to do with the types of seats going in there.

I also wonder if they don't have that half circle cut out thing to give ralphie, the truck, and her handlers some extra space

Have to remember its not just a new seating section, but part of the entire new complex.

I understand its part of the bigger design I just feel like it could have been blended better. I agree the cutout is leaving space for Ralphie + Handlers. I don't have an issue with that. I don't buy that they left the concrete to match the outside of Folsom. You can do that other ways and drawing the sandstone into the stadium through the walkway would really help to complete the visual language on the East side of the stadium and connect it to the rest of the stadium. That much exposed concrete just doesn't do the stadium justice. I believe they could have followed the design language started on the front of Folsom minus the arches. Basically, I would have liked to see a blending of the bare concrete and the sandstone facade. Maybe they will come back and add the aesthetic details later. This is possible but not usually ideal.

images

I understand its part of the bigger design I just feel like it could have been blended better. I agree the cutout is leaving space for Ralphie + Handlers. I don't have an issue with that. I don't buy that they left the concrete to match the outside of Folsom. You can do that other ways and drawing the sandstone into the stadium through the walkway would really help to complete the visual language on the East side of the stadium and connect it to the rest of the stadium. That much exposed concrete just doesn't do the stadium justice. I believe they could have followed the design language started on the front of Folsom minus the arches. Basically, I would have liked to see a blending of the bare concrete and the sandstone facade. Maybe they will come back and add the aesthetic details later. This is possible but not usually ideal.

images

Don't see it happening. They are matching the false plinth that Dal Ward sits on. Maybe back behind there will be sandstone, not sure though.

I understand its part of the bigger design I just feel like it could have been blended better. I agree the cutout is leaving space for Ralphie + Handlers. I don't have an issue with that.

Obviously they have to consider Ralphie & Co. when they design any modifications to the stadium, but I think that they could have closed in the NE corner without having a negative impact on Ralphie. To my recollection, Ralphie is brought in through the NE corner and put in the metal pen that she is kept in in the NE corner, then the handlers walk the pen (and Ralphie) from the NW corner to the NE corner. The truck and trailer are obviously parked on the NW corner, so I think that they could have completely closed in the NE corner. I think that they had other reasons.

Singin' in the Rain. They worked until 10:30 last night. Rain is supposed to stop around 10 and the sun is supposed to emerge. They got concrete in along the lower forms last night. I think they finished the last piece of 121 as well.

Last edited:
Singin' in the Rain. They worked until 10:30 last night. Rain is supposed to stop around 10 and the sun is supposed to emerge. They got concrete in along the lower forms last night. I think they finished the last piece of 121 as well.

Yep, looks like they are tearing out forms right now. A sunny afternoon would be good for the schedule.

121 is all but done. Stairs are going in now, should see them finish the concourse pretty quickly and then bleacher install should be pretty fast.

Forms coming down and going up in the NE corner. Rebar is on all but 2 levels now. They did a lot of work last night.

Skidsteers are out grading the east ramp. Likely preparing it for a temporary surface.

Rain needs to get out of here for another 16hrs.

I have my doubts that the gap is for Ralphie. Don't those doors at the base open up into the new locker room?

PS. S2S, please tell me more about these skidsteers.

lots of rain up boulder way still. Aint stopping the horde of yellow ants from workin.

Skid steer comes from the way they skid their inner wheels when turning.

And yes. Owning one would be awesome. And dangerous. Mostly awesome.

Off topic. I met a guy who owns a ranch in Texas. In order to blow off steam on the weekends, he has been known to drive around his property knocking over mountain cedar, mesquite and unwanted brush. He moves dirt around to landscape the place. He claims that driving around knocking crap over is very therapeutic.

Back