What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

bunch of miserable people, we are. It's gonna look awesome.

I agree i have less than no issue with them not finishing - it is a crazy and admirable goal but its not like we are Cal playing at AT&T for a season while the work gets done. Buff fans just like to bitch at this point.

I agree i have less than no issue with them not finishing - it is a crazy and admirable goal but its not like we are Cal playing at AT&T for a season while the work gets done. Buff fans just like to bitch at this point.
I just enjoy construction and am enthralled with the construction cam. I don't really care if they get done or not. As a matter of fact, I worry they may be going too fast, if anything. But it's damned fun to watch.

DBT will concrete set ok on such a short fuse?
Yeah, we've talked about it. The "high early strength" concrete, which they are no doubt using, can reach 4,000 psi in a day. 4,000 psi is kind of the standard for normal structural concrete. This stuff probably gets way stronger than 4,000 psi as it cures. The added benefit is that it's more flowable and workable. Therefore, the finished concrete is more dense with a better finish. And more durable.

Last edited:
Could one of you guys go to the site and clean the rain drops off the camera?

Bleachers are being re-installed in section 121.
Chairs are appearing in the loge boxes.
Forms are being stripped in the NE corner.
Forms going up in NE corner.
Panels/fences being installed in NE Corner.
Moving dirt and preparing east ramp.

Looks like they are either forming a wall or building a temp wall at the bottom of section 121.

I think it's supposed to clear up for most of the day with more crap tomorrow.

This stuff is going to look so amazing on ESPN saturday night.

I bet, with the game likely to get out of hand, they spend a lot of time discussing the facilities. Good news for us.

"Away put your weapons..... Tools you must bring" "hmmm... must have more tools"

trust me there are going to be a lot of tools there.

PHP50325EA112A2C.jpg

Things I need to know:

-why is there no marble on the topmost eastern loge box?
-is there going to be a fence or concrete wall on lower northern end of sec. 121?
-what's with the white padding in the middle of the endzone interrupting the black Colorado Buffaloes cladding?
-where are fans going to enter the NE section prior to the completion of the rest of the building?

Things I need to know:

-is there going to be a fence or concrete wall on lower northern end of sec. 121?
-what's with the white padding in the middle of the endzone interrupting the black Colorado Buffaloes cladding?
-where are fans going to enter the NE section prior to the completion of the rest of the building?

-Marble may have been delivered broken, may not have been shipped in time, may not be installed there yet as they do work in that area still.
-No clue. Appears to be a temporary wall right now, but it could also be formwork for concrete.
-Think it the shipping covering for led banner board, or it could just be an advertisement board.
-From the main concourse.

Things I need to know:

Isn't the top section of the loge boxes the handicapped area? It looks to me like they "fence" on the lower end of 121 is a concrete form. So, I think they are going to be pouring concrete in there today.

Top of the "Touchdown Club" is handicap. Top loge boxes are probably reserved for handicap but they are the same as the other boxes.

The last forms are going up, and the pump truck has arrived.

They have done a ton of work in 3 days.

They've done a great job. Watching Mortenson bring this project in gives me confidence the IPF will be done on time too. They're good. Heck, they haven't even pulled an all nighter yet.

Back