What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

it's just odd because it narrows further up you go in rows. i'd like the idea of not having to cram in with so many other folks though.

it's just odd because it narrows further up you go in rows. i'd like the idea of not having to cram in with so many other folks though.

Ya, because of the style of seats and the sight lines they wanted from the NE section, it doesn't exactly line up right with the original bowl.

Bet people in those seats will like it better. Easier Aisle access.

Yeah. Plus they are close enough observe how the CU will elite enjoy the game experience while being a few feet below and separated by a privacy wall. Hey big spenders, no sanctimonious sneering allowed!

When they pull this off, Mortenson & Populous and everyone involved in the stadium renovation deserve a hand tomorrow. The amount of work they needed to do in a short time is impressive. They are looking to finish down to the last minute. The last peak at the construction cam this afternoon shows the NE section looking a lot like a functional stadium section.

I hope the people running the scoreboard content are able to run a time-lapse of these last two months of construction. Put it on a loop so that everyone in attendance can appreciate what kind of rabbit was pulled out of the hat. They deserve a standing ovation if those seats pass safety inspection and are filled in time for kickoff.

:gobuffs:

When they pull this off, Mortenson & Populous and everyone involved in the stadium renovation deserve a hand tomorrow. The amount of work they needed to do in a short time is impressive. They are looking to finish down to the last minute. The last peak at the construction cam this afternoon shows the NE section looking a lot like a functional stadium section.

I hope the people running the scoreboard content are able to run a time-lapse of these last two months of construction. Put it on a loop so that everyone in attendance can appreciate what kind of rabbit was pulled out of the hat. They deserve a standing ovation if those seats pass safety inspection and are filled in time for kickoff.

:gobuffs:
I was going to suggest each worker be rewarded with a free ticket to the game. But realized this would not be much of a reward. They'd probably prefer cash.

Hey, about 11:15, they took out that temporary duct work thing. Whatever the hell that was.

DBT..... How we doin? It's frikin cold out there. We gonna make it?

progress 9-12.JPG

Another late-ish evening and they will be done.

95% of the bleachers are in now.

They are clearing all the trash off the concourse level right now. Railing are mostly in. A few more stairs to go on all 4 aisles. Chairs just have to be assembled and set in place so those will be fast.

Gonna make it. Somehow.

Just stopped by. The pictures don't do the amount of work justice. These guys are flying. I stopped by before my class at 10 and just went by and I see progress in just five hours and it is significant! Props to these guys.

View attachment 14868

Another late-ish evening and they will be done.

95% of the bleachers are in now.

They are clearing all the trash off the concourse level right now. Railing are mostly in. A few more stairs to go on all 4 aisles. Chairs just have to be assembled and set in place so those will be fast.

Gonna make it. Somehow.

I accidentally hit page one and saw the date we started and the surroundings that are now brand new.... Wow! We undoubtedly chose the correct company to knock this out.

We need that kind of effort Sat night. Wonder if any of those guys can play D line? They may have some eligibility left? :)

Question: The dark structures on the stands currently under construction in the corner (probably already been discussed), are they in front of the seats? Or do the seats attach on the front of those? Really looking forward to seeing this in person tomorrow.

DBT..... How we doin? It's frikin cold out there. We gonna make it?
Perfect working weather, man! Nice and cool. I'd bet those guys love it. They look about done to me. I think they'll be stripping the last of the forms pretty soon and finishing up the railing stuff. I still wonder how they are going to block the back side off. A temporary rail? It looks like the wall at the bottom/north of 121 is a temporary wall which they just painted. I think it's only wood framed with plywood.

Question: The dark structures on the stands currently under construction in the corner (probably already been discussed), are they in front of the seats? Or do the seats attach on the front of those? Really looking forward to seeing this in person tomorrow.
I think they are drink and food rails. Rails with a table or something, that they can put their stuff on. They get bar stool type chairs posted somewhere back in this thread.

Check out the this from S2S's post on 8/25 (Post Number 539 on Page 36):

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209511460&DB_OEM_ID=600

Last edited:
I am amazed at what they have done. Fantastic! For those going to the game tomorrow please take some pictures as I am traveling & might not be able to watch the game.
Also, where is the FG?

All the forms are off other than the stair steps. They'll get the last of the railing done now. What the hell is that at the top northwest corner of 121?

I am amazed at what they have done. Fantastic! For those going to the game tomorrow please take some pictures as I am traveling & might not be able to watch the game.
Also, where is the FG?

I hear they only will kick toward the south. Okay, kidding aside, remember these goal posts are taken down every game? I think they are always done on game day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. They have the wall up along the concourse now. I'd imagine it's temporary. It has some advertising on it. I can make out a "something".com They are working feverishly. The field is painted. The stadium lights are on.

CU_Boulder_Stadium_Renovation-20140912-204257.jpg

Makes me nervous how fast they did that northwest corner...hope no structural flaws get exposed later.
Don't worry. They have shoring underneath. I'd bet the newest of the concrete has topped 4,000 psi and the oldest is in the 6ksi to 8ksi range. Stronger than ****, man. And if it fails, they won't fall very far.

Don't worry. They have shoring underneath. I'd bet the newest of the concrete has topped 4,000 psi and the oldest is in the 6ksi to 8ksi range. Stronger than ****, man. And if it fails, they won't fall very far.

I trust you.

:rofl2: I was looking at the very top where the wall went in and saw people and was, like, "I think that's a woman walking along there with no hard hat. Must be a school official or something." In the same shot, I saw the goal posts being prepared to go up. So, then a while later, I refreshed to check out the progress, and the same chick was in the same place and I thought, "Damn, they haven't advanced the cam any." But I panned over and saw the goal post in place. That wall in the very back has pictures of people on it! I failed to notice the guy with the dog. Haha.

Someone give us a before and after. I can't wait till the full building is in. Should make Folsom a little louder

Back