What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Looks like we need an Allbuffs road trip. Dig This!

There used to be one in Steamboat, but I think it closed.
I'm pretty sure the Steamboat one actually moved to Vegas. I think they tried the concept for a while in Steamboat then decided that the concept would work only if they had access to a bigger, more consistent pool of possible customers.

BxSx4F2IYAA8UAa.jpg

Weather looks kind of crappy. Hope that doesn't slow them down today. I see they also are starting to paint the field. Looking forward to seeing it in person tomorrow!

Last of the concrete appears to be in. Probably taking longer to cure due to the cold, so the forms are still up.

Last of the concrete appears to be in. Probably taking longer to cure due to the cold, so the forms are still up.
When I worked in the Strontia Springs dam, we poured concrete in twenty below zero. The concrete would still heat up to about 88 degrees. I'm not sure what the heat of hydration is for this high early strength ****. I think they did their final pour pretty late. They may just want to leave the forms on until the temperature rises a bit.

Forms are coming off now. What do I know.

Marble drink rails are in the uppermost eastern loge box.

Marble drink rails are in on all installed rows of the NE corner.

New silver bleachers are being put in.

Snow looks to have stopped. I think it is supposed to warm up and clear up here pretty soon.

Last edited:
Ya looks like they are still forming the stairs in the "Champions Club"
Yeah, I forgot about those. I was actually thinking about that yesterday. I wonder how they are going to finish the back side and end of the mezzanine. Certainly don't want someone making his way back from the beer garden and taking a 50 footer to the ground below. I kind of assume there will eventually be a wall there when they get the building in. So, are they going to put up a temporary railing?

when they were pouring concrete yesterday it appeared it was still raining, how is that possible? i figured that would mess up the water demand along with everything else.

when they were pouring concrete yesterday it appeared it was still raining, how is that possible? i figured that would mess up the water demand along with everything else.

It appeared that they were putting the plastic drape over an area while pouring.

The high early strength has so many additives in it that it doesn't really matter. It sets so fast the water has very little time to mess it up. They cover it as soon as it is in as well to prevent water from soaking through.

Even so, I don't think you want to try finishing concrete in the rain. A drizzle maybe. But they'd have had to cover it as they trowled it. If you get too much water in there, the very outer surface will be weak and when you start getting freeze/thaw, it'll scale on you. As the winter goes on, you'll start seeing that if it got too wet. Maybe during the year, us inspectors can keep an eye on it, :lol: We can get the contractor for a latent defect.

Even so, I don't think you want to try finishing concrete in the rain. A drizzle maybe. But they'd have had to cover it as they trowled it. If you get too much water in there, the very outer surface will be weak and when you start getting freeze/thaw, it'll scale on you. As the winter goes on, you'll start seeing that if it got too wet. Maybe during the year, us inspectors can keep an eye on it, :lol: We can get the contractor for a latent defect.

Free labor from Mortenson! :woot:

Pouring the concourse level in the NE complex. Almost done everyone.

Also I think the field crew has ADD when they paint.

will it be awkward if they do the other side the same way? I don't think so.

Back