What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

There was a photo from this morning that was taken from the top of the section that showed that there wasn't anything in that cut out area. Here it is.

BxatVssCMAA6FAD.jpg

Very low attendance in the NE Corner. Next year, though, that's going to be a great spot from which to watch a game.

Probably less than 10% full. The north was about 30% maybe. Maybe a bit more.

I don't know how comfortable sitting in a bar chair (with a small back) is going to be for four quarters, even with the added convenience of a location to place a beverage. They might be able to convince me by offering me a quarter in one of the new sections, but I just don't see wanting to sit though a game in the end zone at this point of my life. I would greatly prefer my 16 yard line seats 58 rows up on the east side. (Section 106)

NE corner was empty but understandable w/ question marks if it'd open. Monitors are going to be in north but they weren't. North was about 50% full or more.

Definitely a construction site. They were ready though. Looked good. Our 121 seats were recycled from old 121 so you could see wrong numbers. Still looks cool and it will get better. Sat 9 across on our row. 7 up top. 11 or so at bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any in-game shots? I looked on twitter, fb and most of the news sites but there was nothing that really showed the new section.

NE corner was empty but understandable w/ question marks if it'd open. Monitors are going to be in north but they weren't. North was about 50% full or more.

Definitely a construction site. They were ready though. Looked good. Our 121 seats were recycled from old 121 so you could see wrong numbers. Still looks cool and it will get better. Sat 9 across on our row. 7 up top. 11 or so at bottom.

What was the platform at the top for? I didn't walk over to check it out.

What was the platform at the top for? I didn't walk over to check it out.

Handicap seating but it looks like it is meant for TV cameras. Kind of weird space.

The gap between the 121 seats and the new structure was only seperated by flat 1/2" exp joint material.

They put fiber mesh with the concrete and it looks kind of bad at the too few stairs.

I don't know how comfortable sitting in a bar chair (with a small back) is going to be for four quarters, even with the added convenience of a location to place a beverage. They might be able to convince me by offering me a quarter in one of the new sections, but I just don't see wanting to sit though a game in the end zone at this point of my life. I would greatly prefer my 16 yard line seats 58 rows up on the east side. (Section 106)

I watched a red Sox game in a similar seat and it was great.

Handicap seating but it looks like it is meant for TV cameras. Kind of weird space.

The gap between the 121 seats and the new structure was only seperated by flat 1/2" exp joint material.

They put fiber mesh with the concrete and it looks kind of bad at the too few stairs.

I watched a red Sox game in a similar seat and it was great.
Hey, how many of the derelicts on this board would sit in a bar watching a game for 3 hours? You know, with the addition of the beer garden, I hope, and I don't drink, that it's only a matter of time before you can buy beer and drink it in the stadium. How cool would those seats be if they served beer there?

It'll be really awesome when they get the 5 story building with a party deck rising up behind the bleachers.

Anyone have any in-game shots? I looked on twitter, fb and most of the news sites but there was nothing that really showed the new section.

99ca77de801db584a1fa9b09e373d690.jpg
483ca91d99753a89aae26b017484b265.jpg

Better than bleacher seats imo.

The end zone seats look very nice and if you have the cash, why not? Our seats are right near the NE addition and that thing is massive. Those views are much better than what they were. The seats looked fairly comfortable and the ability to stand and lean on things was cool too. When they can get food service over there next year, that area is going to be really nice.

The end zone seats look very nice and if you have the cash, why not? Our seats are right near the NE addition and that thing is massive. Those views are much better than what they were. The seats looked fairly comfortable and the ability to stand and lean on things was cool too. When they can get food service over there next year, that area is going to be really nice.

Right now, I don't see the demand for those seats to be high. Once the club level/facility is built I expect that to change in a hurry.

Time for a new camera view looking down on things from the north end of the east stands. Current view just shows what is done. And the 2nd camera is pretty much a bunch of guys in a dirt hole -- like adults playing in a sandbox.

cbba4e7e4a4c10b1abdb17edc4f2c973.jpg

Observation on NE corner.
The speed to get this built for opening day was evident. The black paneling was not 100 percent clean. Some cement splash stains. The stairs didn't have a finished look to them. Some clods and unevenness exists within the corners. I am hoping to see a thorough clean-up and finishing to smooth out rough edges next week.

The marble tabletops and bar stool level seats look like a great place for a business guy to entertain a client. The ample space between rows will be a nice option for people who are cramped in the old bleacher configuration. This arrangement will appeal to fans who are opposed to bumping into a strangers for three or four hours. Don't expect much raucous noise nor energy to come out from this section. It's wine and cheese territory. I would not feel comfortable bringing a child or infant into this section. Having a youngster climbing on the barstool high chairs is a recipe for disaster, someone under 4 feet tall wouldn't see much of the game with the counter tops.

Looking into the new doorway from the very bottom of 121, you see a construction site, with mud, scaffolding, and everything you'd expect at this point. There remains a lot to do inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turnout in the new sections was low. However they don't have a lot of the amenities that make those spots worth while yet.

Turnout in the new sections was low. However they don't have a lot of the amenities that make those spots worth while yet.
A beer keg on each row would help. How about a beer dispenser that dispenses beer and bills you with just the touch of a thumb print or retina scan? My daughter actually applied for a job where they had a keg-a-rator that dispensed beer from a thumb scan. You got 2 glasses of beer a day.

A beer keg on each row would help. How about a beer dispenser that dispenses beer and bills you with just the touch of a thumb print or retina scan? My daughter actually applied for a job where they had a keg-a-rator that dispensed beer from a thumb scan. You got 2 glasses of beer a day.

Must resist making strip club joke.

Time for a new camera view looking down on things from the north end of the east stands. Current view just shows what is done. And the 2nd camera is pretty much a bunch of guys in a dirt hole -- like adults playing in a sandbox.
Yeah. I made the same observation. Wait, are you plagiarizing me?

Back