What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. CSU Game Thread

Shedeur's avg per pass is pretty low, and if you are running anywhere close to the same number, you should run more.

View attachment 75958
Shedeur needs to buy into the run game more. Hopefully he will get used to the pistol to either run or pass from. He seemed uncomfortable with running back behind him on some plays and even moved rb from behind him in pistol to by his side in shotgun near the end of the game, not sure why, but he passed most of the time when he did this.

Last edited:
I might get roasted for this, but Canvas was a cool stadium to be in tonight. I know this was their first sellout and who knows if it will ever sell out again, but it's a nice mid-major stadium.
The Office Boom GIF

If he sees game plans like the one CSU's dumbass DC dreamt up the rest of the year, he's going to ****ing run away with the Heisman.

That staff up there is that ****ing clueless in my view.
CU would have to win out and be a National Contender for Sanders to even sniff the Heisman and he'd have to do it while somehow not having Hunter putting up amazing stats as a WR. It's just not really an option and I don't think he is well liked by the media. Hunter's story is simply better just as his Heisman possibilities are.

Shedeur's avg per pass is pretty low, and if you are running anywhere close to the same number, you should run more.

View attachment 75958
I didn't get to see the last 7 minutes but I think the Running game stats are decidedly skewed by a couple very good runs that came when there was a 3rd and Very Long and a 2nd and Very Long. I'm not saying those shouldn't count for the average. I'm just saying the running game produced 13 yards on a 3rd and 23 , and I know there was a good run on a second and long that had a penalty happen. Welch did have the 25 yarder on a 2nd 1 early that was huge. I'm very happy with the 5.7 average but I think if you yank out a couple of those gimme runs we were allowed to have it was closer to mid 4's per attempt.

OL played very well today. Right Tackle I felt like bent but didn't break when he was out on an Island.

Their best player was out and they had a horrific Penalty that turned the momentum. They do not have a team that can overcome either let alone both. Their fans should know better. Also, CU has a 1st Round Pick playing DB/WR. CSU might not be good but for their fans to expect better they should look at what was missing and an uncontrollable play by a DE. Oh and you have a QB slinging a complete WTF out of his own goal line that turned into a pick. I'm not sure that's on coaching either.

Also, Please hit the like button as a I told you so that NDSU would easily give CU a better game than CSU would. Thanks.... Flounder where's my $$$$$..

Nice win. Take any win we can. Team played well, still have some learning and schemes to work on. Only getting harder from here.
Liked the run game, but still need to improve. There will be games where we need to grind it out.

Good job Buffs...

I didn't get to see the last 7 minutes but I think the Running game stats are decidedly skewed by a couple very good runs that came when there was a 3rd and Very Long and a 2nd and Very Long. I'm not saying those shouldn't count for the average. I'm just saying the running game produced 13 yards on a 3rd and 23 , and I know there was a good run on a second and long that had a penalty happen. Welch did have the 25 yarder on a 2nd 1 early that was huge. I'm very happy with the 5.7 average but I think if you yank out a couple of those gimme runs we were allowed to have it was closer to mid 4's per attempt.

OL played very well today. Right Tackle I felt like bent but didn't break when he was out on an Island.
Umm…that’s how averages work. Are you going to go back and pull out the positive outliers from every football game to find a new metric called only mid or crappy run averages? It actually would be fairly simple to do but also worthless. Good luck.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Look-I would not like this if it were happening in a conference game. Given the amount of **** that has come from Fort Collins, I really don't have a problem with Prime trying to rub it in on them. Frankly, the only part of the game that sucked was the start. CSU's the worst team we'll play all year. Only beating an FCS team that hasn't won a game since November of 2022 38-17 should have been a red flag. It somehow was not, and had we been as good in the first as we were the rest of the night, we're probably talking something like 45-9.

Nobody got hurt. Zero point in complaining.
I usually don't agree to disagree. I disagree. But I'll give it to you. There are multiple ways to see it, and to me we should have been up 45-9 already on that bumass team. So it's not really a flex trying to score in the last minute. If we were up 45-9, then I would have laughed at trying to score one more. Instead, we're up 28-9, try to score, and failed. Oh well.

Scoring one more touchdown on the final drive would have hit my prediction almost exactly.

Last edited:
I usually don't agree to disagree. I disagree. But I'll give it to you. There are multiple ways to see it, and to me we should have been up 45-9 already on that bumass team. So it's not really a flex trying to score in the last minute. If we were up 45-9, then I would have laughed at trying to score one more. Instead, we're up 28-9, try to score, and failed. Oh well.
Fair. I wanted a decisive win yesterday, and I got one. I'm pretty happy with what I watched last night. Start was slow. Score should have been worse than it was. CSU is not good.

Solid B. We can go 4-5 in this league (at worst) running the ball like we did yesterday.

CU would have to win out and be a National Contender for Sanders to even sniff the Heisman and he'd have to do it while somehow not having Hunter putting up amazing stats as a WR. It's just not really an option and I don't think he is well liked by the media. Hunter's story is simply better just as his Heisman possibilities are.
My post was a shot at CSU's staff more than anything. I honestly had no idea how CSU expected to get any stops whatsoever last night. They tried to get to Shedeur with 4 like Nebraska did, but their front 7 might be one of the worst in America. NU might have the best front 7 we'll see all year.

Their best player was out and they had a horrific Penalty that turned the momentum. They do not have a team that can overcome either let alone both. Their fans should know better. Also, CU has a 1st Round Pick playing DB/WR. CSU might not be good but for their fans to expect better they should look at what was missing and an uncontrollable play by a DE. Oh and you have a QB slinging a complete WTF out of his own goal line that turned into a pick. I'm not sure that's on coaching either.

Also, Please hit the like button as a I told you so that NDSU would easily give CU a better game than CSU would. Thanks.... Flounder where's my $$$$$..

You in CO?

Scoring one more touchdown on the final drive would have hit my prediction almost exactly.
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

I’m happy with the win but I also felt like we should’ve put 40+ on that crappy team.

Bailer is a must win. Going into last night I had the Rammies and Bailer as “must win” games. One down.
I’m of the same opinion. Hopefully, it’s a case of starting the season with two tough games and as a result not really able to get as much chemistry going. That would account for the slow start yesterday. I really think you need to have some early cakewalk games on the schedule to get up to speed (especially in the age of the portal).

Back