What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. CSU Game Thread

Another tweet that sort of perfectly sums up CSU. It was honestly wild that Norvell took zero heat for going 3-9 in year 1 when he brought so many Nevada transfers with him. I get it’s year 1 and perhaps CSU was fine with a couple year rebuild, but still. Then last year was filled with red flags. The defense was abysmal despite having the MWC defensive player of the year, an additional 1st team all-MWC safety, a 2nd team all-MWC LB, and an honorable mention all-MWC safety. Combined with Horton, Holker, and a solid OL, CSU going 5-7 in year 2 was an abject failure. But he unexpectedly took CU to OT so he gets a pass!

They have a really manageable conference schedule complete with both bad teams and new coaches - and they get to avoid Boise State. But NOW is the time to fire up the hot seat because they deluded themselves into thinking that they not only could win, but should win against CU.

I’m of the same opinion. Hopefully, it’s a case of starting the season with two tough games and as a result not really able to get as much chemistry going. That would account for the slow start yesterday. I really think you need to have some early cakewalk games on the schedule to get up to speed (especially in the age of the portal).
Same problem next year. Georgia Tech to open and then we play two G6 teams.

I assume BFN’s NIL value has dropped to somewhere below the $600k “it was” last year.

I’m curious why a coach who allegedly offered money to a player under scholarship with another team wasn’t slapped by the NCAA for tampering? 🤣

So the whole "if we lose, we're terrible, if we win, they're terrible" narrative is still alive and well.

Our defense showed yesterday, just like it showed in the second half against NDSU and in the second half against NU.

CSU's defense was the weakest we've seen so far, so it's not surprising that we looked better on offense.

CSU's not good. But the narrative on SM last night and this morning is they're the worst team in FBS. That's not even remotely true.

So the whole "if we lose, we're terrible, if we win, they're terrible" narrative is still alive and well.

Our defense showed yesterday, just like it showed in the second half against NDSU and in the second half against NU.

CSU's defense was the weakest we've seen so far, so it's not surprising that we looked better on offense.

CSU's not good. But the narrative on SM last night and this morning is they're the worst team in FBS. That's not even remotely true.

I really do not know what to make of CU right now, but you can legitimately say that for at least two thirds of the P4 teams.

If the Buffs had struggled last night and had to eek out a win, the narrative you are talking about would be valid, but it was pretty clear by halftime that CU was the much better team.

I think with the way CU’s talent has been built, that is with a ton of transfers last year and a ton more this year, the learning curve is much steeper than teams who have had their players in place for a couple of years.

I think with the way CU’s talent has been built, that is with a ton of transfers last year and a ton more this year, the learning curve is much steeper than teams who have had their players in place for a couple of years.
This is why next week against Baylor is another must win game. Very winnable opponent, and a bye week after it would be ideal for our learning process

Another tweet that sort of perfectly sums up CSU. It was honestly wild that Norvell took zero heat for going 3-9 in year 1 when he brought so many Nevada transfers with him. I get it’s year 1 and perhaps CSU was fine with a couple year rebuild, but still. Then last year was filled with red flags. The defense was abysmal despite having the MWC defensive player of the year, an additional 1st team all-MWC safety, a 2nd team all-MWC LB, and an honorable mention all-MWC safety. Combined with Horton, Holker, and a solid OL, CSU going 5-7 in year 2 was an abject failure. But he unexpectedly took CU to OT so he gets a pass!

They have a really manageable conference schedule complete with both bad teams and new coaches - and they get to avoid Boise State. But NOW is the time to fire up the hot seat because they deluded themselves into thinking that they not only could win, but should win against CU.
Norvell is definitely not csu’s coach when we play them again, unfortunately.

I really do not know what to make of CU right now, but you can legitimately say that for at least two thirds of the P4 teams.

If the Buffs had struggled last night and had to eek out a win, the narrative you are talking about would be valid, but it was pretty clear by halftime that CU was the much better team.
Roster turnover has made this an insanely topsy-turvy season so far. Self-scouting/recruiting is the top priority for all programs.

The national narrative is that it’s a coin flip that he’s the HC at CU in 2025. If there was a betting market for 2029 CU HC, I have to think the field is a heavy favorite. But, I’d love to be wrong about that and see him really try to build a monster here for years to come.
I think he’s a favorite to honor his current contract. I think it’s -150 that he’s gone before the 2030 season.

So Houston allowed the most pressures out of them all (well second worst by PFF) but it was still better than last week. I think CSU’s d line is garbage so I personally still want to see Benson moved to tackle and Johnson brought in at guard. But I can’t complain too much.
Benson not at RT is still a major head scratch.

There is one thing working in favor of Deion staying at CU which is under-discussed which is the institution has a history of hiring Black head coaches. If there is a goal for Deion in coaching beyond helping his sons, being the first Black head coach to win a national championship is likely one.

There is one thing working in favor of Deion staying at CU which is under-discussed which is the institution has a history of hiring Black head coaches. If there is a goal for Deion in coaching beyond helping his sons, being the first Black head coach to win a national championship is likely one.
IMO, it comes down to whether he sees the ability to attract the necessary talent to Colorado. The common thought is that if he had the FSU, UF or another good SEC job, that he’d get every 5* recruit in FL.

Back