What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

I just cannot get over my fear/feeling that when it’s all said and done the Broncos will pull some **** like trying to cut PL and sneak him back on waivers to put on the practice squad.

If that were their intent they would probably be trying to "hide" him a little instead of getting him reps with the ones in games and talking about his as much as they have.

Very likely that if they did do something dumb like that PL would simply be employed elsewhere in the league.

I don't think he makes it through waivers.
I'd be stoked if he ended up on the...
bm1SNMoJ_400x400.jpg

But PL deserves to stay home.

I just cannot get over my fear/feeling that when it’s all said and done the Broncos will pull some **** like trying to cut PL and sneak him back on waivers to put on the practice squad.

Admittedly, I don't know all the myriad NFL roster rules, but couldn't the Broncos simply put him on the practice squad without waiving him first, if that's what they want?

Admittedly, I don't know all the myriad NFL roster rules, but couldn't the Broncos simply put him on the practice squad without waiving him first, if that's what they want?
They would have to cut him, he’d have to clear waivers, and then they could put him on PS. But at any time another team can sign him off their PS, and the broncos would have to choose whether to add him to the active roster or let him go w the other team.

No,

Each team must cut their final roster to the designated number (53) Twenty four hours after the final cuts have been communicated to the league teams may begin to sign up to 10 players to the practice squad (11 if they are participating in the international talent development program.)

These players on the practice squad may be signed by any team in the league but if they are signed by the opponent of the team that has them on the practice squad it must be done a minimum of six days before the game.

Any player who is signed to a regular roster off a practice squad is guaranteed at least three regular game checks. To go back on the practice squad a player must again pass through wavers.

Normally no player on the practice squad could have more than two years accrued service in the NFL, last year they allowed teams to have up to four players in their third year on the squad.

I think seeing is special teams contributions plus the fact that he got snaps with the 1st and 2nd team, but none with the 3rd shows that the coaches have him on the team. He seems to be ahead of both Henderson and Williams out of the RBs wihh more versatility having the ability to play in the slot as well as return kicks and play the gunner.

And remember, the dude NEVER fumbles.

I thought the feature back for that one series was interesting. They're definitely keeping him, and I think this RB competition (not that who the starter is matters that much) is more wide open than we think

Lindsay will make the team. He can field kickoffs & punts. He can run and catch. And he can make solid special teams tackles.

I thought the feature back for that one series was interesting. They're definitely keeping him, and I think this RB competition (not that who the starter is matters that much) is more wide open than we think

Eh, not that wide open. Lindsay is essentially the #3 back. He will get playing time, but Freeman is clearly ahead of him and Booker likely as well.

He will make the team, but I wouldn’t get too excited about seeing him play a ton in the regular season. He will be a special teams warrior, though.

I believe he’ll make the 53 man roster and he’ll see playing time: spot duty/third downs, and special teams. He’s not big enough to be an every down back in the NFL. Having said that, there are very few of those around anymore anyway.

Unfortunately, the Broncos OC does not think out of the box and is limited in his play calling abilities. Lindsay could emerge as a Devonta Freeman or Darren Sproles player, where he shares the load at RB but is also used as a weapon out on screens and in the flat. He has the ability to be a difference maker, even with another starting RB, but I don't see it happening under Musgrave.

I see the RB competition IN MY MIND as follows right now:

1) Royce Freeman
2) Lindsay
3) Booker

Booker is good, but he lacks dynamic and can't get through any defenders. He's more of a change of pace back, and he can't catch
out of the backfield very well.

I think Freeman is 1 because of his size and durability. Lindsay will get ample time, but probably not be the #1 guy.

Dude plays like a madman. Was at the game Saturday and every time he touched the ball something good happened.

Unfortunately, the Broncos OC does not think out of the box and is limited in his play calling abilities. Lindsay could emerge as a Devonta Freeman or Darren Sproles player, where he shares the load at RB but is also used as a weapon out on screens and in the flat. He has the ability to be a difference maker, even with another starting RB, but I don't see it happening under Musgrave.

I think he'll play his way into a pretty regular spot.

anybody know where the offensive pass interference came from when He caught the ball out of hte backfield the other night?
Nobody was near him at ALL....and everybody at the stadium was befuddled.

anybody know where the offensive pass interference came from when He caught the ball out of hte backfield the other night?
Of course, the reason nobody was near him at all was likely the pass interference. Pretty sure there was a pick play there.

WR's were blocking down field well before the ball was even thrown...

Of course, the reason nobody was near him at all was likely the pass interference. Pretty sure there was a pick play there.

wathc the video I posted. It's right at the play where it happens. I see nothing wrong at all. No picks, no block below knees....

Back