What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

UH and TTU aren't football factories. They're at R1 (highest research intensity classification by Carnegie). They're also not focused on agricultural science, which the P12 schools also look down on. And both have invested in medical schools/uni hospitals and have great engineering schools. Plus they're secular.

The only things that don't measure up are non-AAU (not a P12 requirement like B1G) and TX state politics (which didn't stop expansion into AZ and Utah).

P.S. UC-Davis, UCSD and Cal Poly will never be viable & Rice + Tulane would be silly. All great candidates for research alliances, but not for a sports conference. I think nearly all of the current members have figured out that athletics is different than academics- it just can't compromise the academic values.
When I lived in Texas, UH and TTech most often were schools for the locals who couldn’t get into UT or TAMU. Pretty good serviceable schools but neither academic nor football powerhouses.
I liked the TTech folks though. I noticed early on that the Tech kids did the heavy lifting and their TAMU managers swept in at the 11th hour to take the credit. The more things change, the more they……

When I lived in Texas, UH and TTech most often were schools for the locals who couldn’t get into UT or TAMU. Pretty good serviceable schools but neither academic nor football powerhouses.
I liked the TTech folks though. I noticed early on that the Tech kids did the heavy lifting and their TAMU managers swept in at the 11th hour to take the credit. The more things change, the more they……
For sure. They're like ASU, WSU and OSU. Can't really compare with AAU members, but still solid universities with some schools of study they're top notch in.

Will be very interested to see what kind of media deal they end up with. Outside of BYU, those schools don’t move the needle much. I guess we will see.

Will be very interested to see what kind of media deal they end up with. Outside of BYU, those schools don’t move the needle much. I guess we will see.
Agreed. All seem fine as P5 additions. But not as replacements for OU and UT.

Best move possible. He acted quickly, 50 days. He kept conference from imploding as some predicted. I think they keep seat at CFP table as well as in governance discussion. AAC adds will be interesting.

just my $0.02

The Big12 will go softly into that good night. Good for them.
Another piece of roadkill in the tracks of the University of Texas.

They have managed to run over the SWC and now the B12. In the process they left multiple conference partner programs bleeding on the roadside.

They won't have the power to do any damage to the top half of the SEC but it will be interesting in the next decade or two to see what injuries they can inflict on the bottom half of the programs in that league while serving their own selfish intentions.

There is some long term potential with schools like UCF and houston and BYU is a good add but that conference is largely dog **** in football. Great hoops though.

Another piece of roadkill in the tracks of the University of Texas.

They have managed to run over the SWC and now the B12. In the process they left multiple conference partner programs bleeding on the roadside.

They won't have the power to do any damage to the top half of the SEC but it will be interesting in the next decade or two to see what injuries they can inflict on the bottom half of the programs in that league while serving their own selfish intentions.
Texas is like the hot chick who is bat**** crazy, goes through multiple bad marriages, and leaves broken families in their wake.

No these 4 don't come close to replacing OU and UT but as hawg said it's probably the best they could have done
By shedding UT there's a free tv market in Houston>bonus<PAC12 fail not another market available that would add 4 Mill viewers and expand the footprint.
OU doesn't move the meter on TV..it's about the money trail & legacies in multiple sports such as Baseball & B-ball & Wrestling.
B12 beat the P12 to the punch with this move, 10 years from now the P12 will look back and ask..how could we have been so wrong to not expand into Texas?
IMO this a long term set back for the P12

By shedding UT there's a free tv market in Houston>bonus<PAC12 fail not another market available that would add 4 Mill viewers and expand the footprint.
OU doesn't move the meter on TV..it's about the money trail & legacies in multiple sports such as Baseball & B-ball & Wrestling.
B12 beat the P12 to the punch with this move, 10 years from now the P12 will look back and ask..how could we have been so wrong to not expand into Texas?
IMO this a long term set back for the P12

OU doesn't move the meter on TV? Huh?

OU has averaged more viewers in their games over the last few seasons than Texas and Texas A&M. Their ratings are actually very good.
Doesn't surprise me depending on the source, until the RR game a lot of Texans (UT & A&M) watch OU games leading up to the Cotton Bowl...I do and I'm not a Texas native.

Back