What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

People buy tickets (other than TV) for no reason other than to see the other lose so they can say they did.
I think that's a very small number of people.

For a few years when I lived in the Triangle area, there was a dude who had season tickets to Duke football, and attended every game wearing the visiting team's colors. I saw him 3 - 4 times but never asked him what his deal was.

I think that's a very small number of people.

For a few years when I lived in the Triangle area, there was a dude who had season tickets to Duke football, and attended every game wearing the visiting team's colors. I saw him 3 - 4 times but never asked him what his deal was.
Not Texas

It was in The Athletic a couple months ago.
Oklahoma: 3.7 million
Texas: 3.2 million
Texas A&M: 2.9 million
Interesting numbers and completely believable.

The TV markets in Oklahoma aren't large, small compared to some of the Texas markets, but OU seems to do very well drawing a national audience.

This can be easily supported just by looking at how often OU gets the B12 prime national broadcast slot, even when they aren't playing Texas. The networks care about generating the best possible numbers and they pick who goes on.

It would by the way be interesting to see how many OU grads/fans actually live in the major Texas cities. From what I have heard those numbers are substantial.

The Big 12 might not be done expanding. One name not on this list: CSU, despite the hard campaigning that everybody associated with Kansas football did on their behalf to try and get out of the Big 12's basement lol
I guess if you’re the Big 12, there’s nothing to lose in all this. The per school media payouts are going to be almost G5-like if they don’t expand, so might as well try to get into all 4 time zones and add all the top G5 programs

I'm kind of surprised I didn't hear more about Memphis. In many ways, it made more sense than BYU.
for me, it's hard to see them rise to football prominence (w/r/t recruiting and fan interest) with two SEC schools in-state and another 4 - 6 P5 schools within a five hour drive.

Why would you expand with Boise?
Because as C-USA proved, having a collection of the better 2nd tier programs across all time zones is a recipe for success...

... as long as we're defining success as "identifying the programs who make sense for a legitimate 1st Tier to consider program."

Why would you expand with Boise?

I don't get the love affair some people have with Boise.

Yeah, they punched above their weight with Petersen at the helm and now they are at the top of the MWC.

Still, they don't have a large national following, the Idaho market is a little bit behind some of the other markets out there, and their academics are absolutely atrocious.

They're like a Mazda Miata. At first you think, hey, that's nice and flashy, then you look under the hood and you're like wtf is this ****?

I don't get the love affair some people have with Boise.

Yeah, they punched above their weight with Petersen at the helm and now they are at the top of the MWC.

Still, they don't have a large national following, the Idaho market is a little bit behind some of the other markets out there, and their academics are absolutely atrocious.

They're like a Mazda Miata. At first you think, hey, that's nice and flashy, then you look under the hood and you're like wtf is this ****?
Good football program. That’s all they care about in the desperate attempt that they can gain the most competitive small programs that might be able to make a Utah or TCU-like jump and be a respectable/upper half P5 program

I think Memphis probably joins that league at some point-BYU's still a brand....I mean most of the Mormons I know watch BYU football whether they went there or not.
Even so, I'd never met a Mormon before moving west. Total church membership is only 16 million. The value is overstated.

Even so, I'd never met a Mormon before moving west. Total church membership is only 16 million. The value is overstated.

That league had no choice but to expand when the other leagues passed on expansion. As @The Alabaster Yak said, they're making AAC like TV money one way or another. That said, BYU's the most attractive ugly girl without a date to the dance.......even if we're talking about a 4.

Hopeful that BYU leaving the WCC opens the door back up for Denver to join. WCC will probably just stand pat though.

Hopeful that BYU leaving the WCC opens the door back up for Denver to join. WCC will probably just stand pat though.

BYU leaving the WCC really hurts from a basketball perspective. I heard a stat yesterday that since BYU has been in the WCC that Gonzaga has lost 10 conference games and 4 of those have been to BYU.

If the Pac12 wanted to make a bold move they would invite Gonzaga basketball only.

Heard on the radio that it's the fastest growing religion in the US. They get the "subway affect" (radio jocks terms, not mine) regarding viewership, kinda like Notre dumb.

Back