What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/23-11/25

Michigan might make the Pac-12 some money today if they can pull this out. Ohio State picking up a third loss makes two Pac-12 teams in NY6 bowls more likely.

Good god, does Harbaugh have any eligibility left? O'Korn has sucked his entire Michigan career but this is on a whole new level.

So much for that exciting down to the wire finish at the big house.

Yeesh... Harbaugh drops to 0-3 against Meyer and OSU and about to finish 4th in his own division. It feels like Harbaugh has turned Michigan into an elite program again, but how can that actually be the case when they haven’t even played in a conference championship game under him, beaten Ohio State, or finished higher than 3rd in the B10 East?

Yeesh... Harbaugh drops to 0-3 against Meyer and OSU and about to finish 4th in his own division. It feels like Harbaugh has turned Michigan into an elite program again, but how can that actually be the case when they haven’t even played in a conference championship game under him, beaten Ohio State, or finished higher than 3rd in the B10 East?
He will get them there. Outside of O'Korn being his team's own nemesis today and last year's officiating **** show they have been there with OSU.

Because he's mentioned in the media a lot. He makes for great headlines. Excellent coach, but not elite.

I think there is a level of smoke and mirrors to Michigan. Yep, they win more games than they lose. They have won a massive amount of games in their long storied history. But really think about their history post WW2 (modern era). Shared title in 97'...now think really hard when the last time they won it before then? We are constantly told year in and year out that they are a powerhouse...but truth be told, they have a weaker history than Texas. For the record after 97' their next claimed ships are 1947 & 48. Win lots of games, raise lots of money...don't win championships. That's Wolverine football.
Edit: Oh and their fight song is pretty cool.

In terms of guys who are on the cusp of being "elite" in the coaching profession, my list starts with James Franklin. Which pisses me off. Penn State does not deserve him.

Props to Kansas for committing to a guy and sticking with him, I guess. Or maybe they're still paying off Weis and need to get their football finances re-set before the next hire.
Kansas: KU AD Sheahon Zenger confirmed Saturday that David Beaty will be back for 2018 in a statement. “While we know the results of this season are not acceptable, the rebuilding of this program is a process, and Coach Beaty will continue to lead us through it,” he said. Kansas concluded a 1-11 season today and is 3-32 in Beaty’s three seasons. (Football Scoop)

I love that jump pass by the QB off the fake QB power! Why isn't that in the CU playbook? It's the natural progression & counter to one of Lindgren's break and butter plays in short yardage?

He will get them there. Outside of O'Korn being his team's own nemesis today and last year's officiating **** show they have been there with OSU.
Eh. Three years in a row is a trend, and shouldn’t be chalked up to unfortunate officiating or poor QB play. That’s on Harbaugh. He’s done a tremendous job recruiting, and he’s built one of the more dominant defenses in the country the past few years, but it hasn’t translated on offense and he’s proven not to be able to win the big game yet.

Props to Kansas for committing to a guy and sticking with him, I guess. Or maybe they're still paying off Weis and need to get their football finances re-set before the next hire.
Kansas: KU AD Sheahon Zenger confirmed Saturday that David Beaty will be back for 2018 in a statement. “While we know the results of this season are not acceptable, the rebuilding of this program is a process, and Coach Beaty will continue to lead us through it,” he said. Kansas concluded a 1-11 season today and is 3-32 in Beaty’s three seasons. (Football Scoop)
Should have never tossed Mangino to the side. Sure he was a heart attack walking and blocked out the sun on most November afternoons, but the guy could coach. Wasn't a people person and made some mistakes on how he treated players (although seriously, players being butthurt for being called out for bad play during practice...gtfo here) but he had that program winning games.

As an aside to explain why I don't care about butthurt feelings of players, while in HS I had my D coach tell me he was going to go over to my house after practice one night and bang my mom and I couldn't stop him. Because the way I was playing I couldn't stop anything. I followed it up with my career performance 18 tackles 7 TFL, 4 sacks one of which was a strip sack fumble return for touchdown. I was Jefferson from Fast times out there. All because I was properly motivated to keep the coach from banging my mom. Take that Coach Rogers.

I love that jump pass by the QB off the fake QB power! Why isn't that in the CU playbook? It's the natural progression & counter to one of Lindgren's break and butter plays in short yardage?
Didn't we do that against zona?

Back