What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/29 - 9/2

The worst part about Oregon's performance was not Xs and Os, or penalties, or execution, or play calling, or physicality, or decision making, it was the complete and utter lack of emotion. They looked like something had sapped their will to live. Even in horrific losses I've never seen a team just be so absent from the game in which they were playing. I've seen teams getting shut out 49-0, but that last drive they're hair on fire mother****ers let's kick a FG to avoid the shutout! At least that shows something. Oregon today? Dead inside. One of the strangest athletic performances I've ever seen. They made quite a few big plays and guys didn't even look at their teammates, they just drooped back to the line for the next play. It reminded me of the Royal Tenenbaum's when Richie melts down in the "big tennis match" because he saw the woman he was in love with in the stands with Bill Murray.

I love that UT continued to throw and go for it on 4th…in the 4th.
The culture has changed. Coaches know it's about getting meaningful reps. Well, some do, and the public doesn't care anymore. Rutgers scored on the final play of the game up 4 TDs and not a peep from the media.

edit: @BuffWarHog When Malachi Nelson got in the BSU game today their fans were BEGGING for him to air it out. It makes sense. WTF is the point of just handing it off? Run the offense. **** feelings, we have games to win in a week or a year.

Last edited:
The worst part about Oregon's performance was not Xs and Os, or penalties, or execution, or play calling, or physicality, or decision making, it was the complete and utter lack of emotion. They looked like something had sapped their will to live. Even in horrific losses I've never seen a team just be so absent from the game in which they were playing. I've seen teams getting shut out 49-0, but that last drive they're hair on fire mother****ers let's kick a FG to avoid the shutout! At least that shows something. Oregon today? Dead inside. One of the strangest athletic performances I've ever seen. They made quite a few big plays and guys didn't even look at their teammates, they just drooped back to the line for the next play. It reminded me of the Royal Tenenbaum's when Richie melts down in the "big tennis match" because he saw the woman he was in love with in the stands with Bill Murray.
Who Cares Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

A&M shockingly overrated. Again.
I don’t get this comment. Disclaimer: pre-season rankings are crap and shouldn’t exist. But they were ranked #20 and played the #3 team dead even for almost the entire game. How is that overrated? I don’t know if they are going to be any good this year or not. But losing that game, in that fashion, seems a weird way to describe them as overrated.

I don’t get this comment. Disclaimer: pre-season rankings are crap and shouldn’t exist. But they were ranked #20 and played the #3 team dead even for almost the entire game. How is that overrated? I don’t know if they are going to be any good this year or not. But losing that game, in that fashion, seems a weird way to describe them as overrated.

I do not think they played them dead even (outgained by 100 yards and averaged two yards fewer per play) and they were at home against a completely inexperienced Notre Dame OL.

I do not think they played them dead even (outgained by 100 yards and averaged two yards fewer per play) and they were at home against a completely inexperienced Notre Dame OL.
I was clicking around, so I didn’t watch the full game but it was tied with 2 min to go in the game. Seemed like a fairly even game. With all the high ranked teams that struggled with FCS opponents and cupcakes, it just seemed weird to me to say losing a close game to a much higher ranked team is overrated.

I was clicking around, so I didn’t watch the full game but it was tied with 2 min to go in the game. Seemed like a fairly even game. With all the high ranked teams that struggled with FCS opponents and cupcakes, it just seemed weird to me to say losing a close game to a much higher ranked team is overrated.

Notre Dame looked way more physical and while the ND defense is good, Weigmann really struggled for A&M.

Last edited:
Back