What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 8/29 - 9/2

I think there's a decent point here hidden behind the douchebaggery.

Florida lost to Miami
Texas A&M lost to Notre Dame
LSU lost to USC
Georgia beat Clemson

So far, not seeing SEC dominance this year.
And Clemson doesn't look like the Clemson that we think of based on recent years. By the end of the season that win may not be considered a big deal.

That was fun, but I have no idea what to make of either of them. USC's defense was a hell of a lot better than I for one thought they'd be, but I thought LSU made a number of really silly mistakes. Moss was good enough to be in a position to where his team could easily take advantage of LSU's idiocy, but I wouldn't say he lit the world on fire. That 4th quarter.....LSU gets the 15 yarder for that one dumb**** taking his helmet off, which basically killed the momentum they had. They had the lead, and likely put SC away with a score there, and that flag took the wind out of their sails before the drive even started. You can talk about the targeting rule all you want, but its been around long enough now that you're either coaching it or allowing it to happen (to use Klatt's line) if you get called for it. Speaking of which, here's Kelly hitting a table after the game!

Clip ended too soon. I wanted to see whether he was able to open the water bottle or not.

USC was the only Pac12 team I pulled for aside from CU.
What the absolute **** is wrong with you in your goddamn head?

How many USC grads do you know? I'll answer that. It's ****ing zero. That's the only explanation here.

I'm going to guess that you root for them because they share an abbreviation with an SEC team.

Get your **** together, Carolina!

And Clemson doesn't look like the Clemson that we think of based on recent years. By the end of the season that win may not be considered a big deal.
That's not something I'd emphasize. On the other hand, Florida isn't a top SEC team this year. The point isn't to disparage the SEC (lots of good to very good teams and probably 2 or 3 pretty great ones). The point is only that this weekend avoids a narrative of it being a season of SEC dominance. If aTm and LSU had won - especially if UT wins vs Michigan - we'd have been hearing that the SEC deserved 6 or 7 teams in the playoffs and it would have probably been the correct take.

That's not something I'd emphasize. On the other hand, Florida isn't a top SEC team this year. The point isn't to disparage the SEC (lots of good to very good teams and probably 2 or 3 pretty great ones). The point is only that this weekend avoids a narrative of it being a season of SEC dominance. If aTm and LSU had won - especially if UT wins vs Michigan - we'd have been hearing that the SEC deserved 6 or 7 teams in the playoffs and it would have probably been the correct take.
We'll still be hearing that the SEC deserves 6 or 7 teams in the playoffs, I suspect.

I have to give them credit for scheduling it. Not going back to look at when the contract was made but Clemson has been good enough for long enough that many top teams would have avoided them in the first place, especially for an opener. Beating Clemson this year though shouldn't be looked at the same as beating them even 3-4 years ago would be.

No question that the top SEC teams are still a level above the rest of college football. Just look at who has been winning NCs in most recent years as well as simply talent levels based on the NFL draft.

It is worth keeping in mind though that just because they are the SEC doesn't mean that there aren't reasons to give schools from other conferences credit. I think the problem comes in the narative that it is SEC, maybe some B1G, then everybody else.

The SEC has some lousy teams as well, SEC also has some teams that logic would say are elite but somehow rarely are. Florida, Tennessee are both schools with huge fan support and plenty of money yet only rarely end up as actually elite on the field. The Vols are finally back in the top 25 after an extended struggle, the Gators have been middling since the Tebow days.

Doesn't fit the agenda of some in the media but dominance by a few schools doesn't mean that the entire conference should get a free ride.

It is also fair to criticize certain things about the conference. Playing one less conference game than other conferences so they can all schedule a cupcake bye late, resting and padding their records is one. They are starting to expand scheduling but the fact is that for many years most top SEC teams would not schedule outside of the south, they didn't travel.

I fully expect LSU to travel better than USC. And I don't expect it to be close.
One was a drop of some cash to get to the game. The other was a “if you’re not doing nothing tonight, we could pop over to the game. If you want…”

I have to give them credit for scheduling it. Not going back to look at when the contract was made but Clemson has been good enough for long enough that many top teams would have avoided them in the first place, especially for an opener. Beating Clemson this year though shouldn't be looked at the same as beating them even 3-4 years ago would be.

No question that the top SEC teams are still a level above the rest of college football. Just look at who has been winning NCs in most recent years as well as simply talent levels based on the NFL draft.

It is worth keeping in mind though that just because they are the SEC doesn't mean that there aren't reasons to give schools from other conferences credit. I think the problem comes in the narative that it is SEC, maybe some B1G, then everybody else.

The SEC has some lousy teams as well, SEC also has some teams that logic would say are elite but somehow rarely are. Florida, Tennessee are both schools with huge fan support and plenty of money yet only rarely end up as actually elite on the field. The Vols are finally back in the top 25 after an extended struggle, the Gators have been middling since the Tebow days.

Doesn't fit the agenda of some in the media but dominance by a few schools doesn't mean that the entire conference should get a free ride.

It is also fair to criticize certain things about the conference. Playing one less conference game than other conferences so they can all schedule a cupcake bye late, resting and padding their records is one. They are starting to expand scheduling but the fact is that for many years most top SEC teams would not schedule outside of the south, they didn't travel.
To their credit Georgia has typically scheduled 1 pretty decent OOC game a season in recent history. I am bummed because they scheduled one with UCLA for next year and UCLA canceled when they started making B1G Schedules this year. We were planning to go back for that one to see all of friends and family in SoCal

That was fun, but I have no idea what to make of either of them. USC's defense was a hell of a lot better than I for one thought they'd be, but I thought LSU made a number of really silly mistakes. Moss was good enough to be in a position to where his team could easily take advantage of LSU's idiocy, but I wouldn't say he lit the world on fire. That 4th quarter.....LSU gets the 15 yarder for that one dumb**** taking his helmet off, which basically killed the momentum they had. They had the lead, and likely put SC away with a score there, and that flag took the wind out of their sails before the drive even started. You can talk about the targeting rule all you want, but its been around long enough now that you're either coaching it or allowing it to happen (to use Klatt's line) if you get called for it. Speaking of which, here's Kelly hitting a table after the game!

Soooo, was there someone else assigned to make sure the team stays focused until the end of the game?

Maybe Moss has a very good year - but not good enough to catapult himself into the first round of the draft. That seems very unlikely. He would have to have a historic year to do that. If Moss is very good this year, and USC is really good, then Moss is very likely their starter next year. Look at what he did in the Holiday Bowl.

Maybe Moss has a very good year - but not good enough to catapult himself into the first round of the draft. That seems very unlikely. He would have to have a historic year to do that. If Moss is very good this year, and USC is really good, then Moss is very likely their starter next year. Look at what he did in the Holiday Bowl.
I was thinking that last night. Moss isn't some scrub. He was a 4* recruit who has performed whenever he has played, but isn't someone who jumps off the tape or excites you with his measurables. Could totally see him having a great college career and then get drafted in R4 or later after his senior season.

I was thinking that last night. Moss isn't some scrub. He was a 4* recruit who has performed whenever he has played, but isn't someone who jumps off the tape or excites you with his measurables. Could totally see him having a great college career and then get drafted in R4 or later after his senior season.
Klatt's take that even though he's nowhere near Caleb Williams in talent, but he's a good system QB so it's almost an upgrade in some ways for Lincoln Riley is spot on.

And I guess it doesn’t hurt that LSU fans are calling for Kelly to be fired one game into the season.

Guess FSU has to cut corners on the quality of game clocks thanks to that forthcoming ACC buyout.

Back