What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Over or under 2 wins in 2022?

Even I'm not guzzling that kind of kool-aid. For as bad as we were last year, we still won four games. I think that happens again-unfortunately.

I'd rather have another year like 2012 and dump this staff.
It will be hard for me to bet on Buffs at 3.5 with current juice. I might pick a spot or two during the year if JT is the starter.

It will be hard for me to bet on Buffs at 3.5 with current juice. I might pick a spot or two during the year if JT is the starter.
I think Shrout will win the job. If I'm going to bet on a CU win total, it has to be an over. Likely not doing it at 3.5.

Got one I do want to run by you though-I'll do it in the gambling thread.

Sure you are. No biggie. Just ask yourself three things:
1) Did we get better in the offseason?
2) Did our opponents get better this offseason?
3) Where and when do we play our opponents this season?

Take those answers and from a non-biased perspective, add up the wins.
I’m fully with you. Number 2 does give me pause. We don’t want to underestimate how bad the pac-12 is. It’s our only hope

I’m fully with you. Number 2 does give me pause. We don’t want to underestimate how bad the pac-12 is. It’s our only hope
Agreed. My primary concern re: that point is that the majority of the teams that are on our level or have regressed, are away games. It's hard to win on the road and we've never been close to good on the road to begin with. We'll know right away what we have based on the TCU game. It's an opponent that's a good measuring stick.

TCU is going to be pretty good next year. They have some talent coming back and they did a really good job adding talent in the portal. They’ll likely be better than us at 16 of 22 positions.
The only reason I think we have a shot there is we get them first.

TCU is going to come out passing like crazy. Knowing Dykes that probably ALL they have been working on. Other than Lewis, what does our secondary look like? What does our pass rush look like? If the over under on TCU passing yards in that game was 450, I'd go heavy on the over.

TCU is going to be pretty good next year. They have some talent coming back and they did a really good job adding talent in the portal. They’ll likely be better than us at 16 of 22 positions.
TCU will proabably win, but saying they will be good is laughable. The air raid takes time. They were awful last year and it takes time to recruit to an air raid program.

CU can absolutely win if the back 7 on D is in tack and they get some pressure. CU playing a first game against a Dykes team is a perfect scenario if this program wants to see progress. This game is all about collapsing the pocket.

Im more worried about RG extending KD to a lifetime contract if CU pulls out a 1 point win. That should be our concern

TCU will proabably win, but saying they will be good is laughable. The air raid takes time. They were awful last year and it takes time to recruit to an air raid program.

CU can absolutely win if the back 7 on D is in tack and they get some pressure. CU playing a first game against a Dykes team is a perfect scenario if this program wants to see progress. This game is all about collapsing the pocket.

Im more worried about RG extending KD to a lifetime contract if CU pulls out a 1 point win. That should be our concern
I have a hard time reconciling my emotions on how well I want the Buffs to do wrt KD. The problem I run into is, I don’t feel like he’ll be fired, no matter what.

When your hope is pinned on the back 7 and getting pressure on the qb, you’re in trouble. We lost most of our starting secondary including the only legitimate star. This d has been awful at getting pressure on the qb and our lb core is suspect at best (although we have a couple of intriguing transfers there)

I am not rooting against the buffs, KD or no KD, but I just don’t see a lot of positives right now

TCU is going to come out passing like crazy. Knowing Dykes that probably ALL they have been working on. Other than Lewis, what does our secondary look like? What does our pass rush look like? If the over under on TCU passing yards in that game was 450, I'd go heavy on the over.
During his time at SMU (2017-2021) Dykes’ offense had exactly three 450+ yard passing games, and six total 400+.

His first year at SMU in 2017, his offense averaged 294 yards passing/game.

I get the need to **** on CU right now, but there’s no need for outrageous claims pumping up Sonny Dykes in his first ever game at TCU, especially being played on the road.

During his time at SMU (2017-2021) Dykes’ offense had exactly three 450+ yard passing games, and six total 400+.

I get the need to **** on CU right now, but there’s no need for outrageous claims pumping up Sonny Dykes in his first ever game at TCU, especially being played on the road.
Framing this for when Colorado gets trucked against TCU.

TCU wasn't awful last year. They were 5-7 with a schedule and conference harder than ours. They beat Baylor. They have 2 very good QBs (both better than ours) vying for the starting job who can both run very well, so collapsing the pocket might not be all you're hoping it to be. Their returning RBs are solid and they added a couple of stud transfers. They return their top 4 WRs and added a very good TE from the portal. Don't hold your breath on their offense struggling against our D. Look at the early spread listed above: TCU -9.5. So the oddsmakers are actually calling TCU a -11.5 favorite when you add in CU's home field bump.

AlTitUdE

TCU wasn't awful last year. They were 5-7 with a schedule and conference harder than ours. They beat Baylor. They have 2 very good QBs (both better than ours) vying for the starting job who can both run very well, so collapsing the pocket might not be all you're hoping it to be. Their returning RBs are solid and they added a couple of stud transfers. They return their top 4 WRs and added a very good TE from the portal. Don't hold your breath on their offense struggling against our D. Look at the early spread listed above: TCU -9.5. So the oddsmakers are actually calling TCU a -11.5 favorite when you add in CU's home field bump.
Not awful but they weren't very good. The line is about right. CU has a chance, especially first game for Dykes in an air raid. His defenses have always been average to awful. I think CU has a chance to put up some points.

Chris Wilson wasn’t on those schedules!

Has anyone ever successfully used PointsBet’s “name your bet” feature? I tried requesting what the line would be for CU under 1.5 on the season (the 1 is only there for blind squirrel insurance) but the request got pushed back with a canned rejection.

Has anyone ever successfully used PointsBet’s “name your bet” feature? I tried requesting what the line would be for CU under 1.5 on the season (the 1 is only there for blind squirrel insurance) but the request got pushed back with a canned rejection.
I tried once. No answer.

How much you wanna bet?

Back