What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Network is restructuring

Wilber saying PAC 12 turned down ESPN as distributor of PAC 12 Networks.
I don’t know details, but if they were offering to invest the asking price as our strategic partner and Scott turned it down, then he needs to be fired.
Am I missing something or is this the same thing discussed a couple of months back? At the time Wilner and others were agreeing it was a good decision, as ESPN was offering an extreme low-ball price.

Am I missing something or is this the same thing discussed a couple of months back? At the time Wilner and others were agreeing it was a good decision, as ESPN was offering an extreme low-ball price.
Honestly not sure. It was in today’s email, but no link to specifics.

Honestly not sure. It was in today’s email, but no link to specifics.
I'm sure it must be the same thing. They turned it down because ESPN was offering really low rates and wanted a very long term contract. All involved thought at this point it was better to have everything available in a few years when contracts get redone. Also Scott wouldn't have been able to make that call unilaterally. Not disagreeing on his needing to be fired for other reasons though.

I'm sure it must be the same thing. They turned it down because ESPN was offering really low rates and wanted a very long term contract. All involved thought at this point it was better to have everything available in a few years when contracts get redone. Also Scott wouldn't have been able to make that call unilaterally. Not disagreeing on his needing to be fired for other reasons though.

I think the Presidents voted it down.

I think the Presidents voted it down.
They would have had to. As I understand it, Scott is required to bring any legit proposal or offer to the presidents for a vote. He can't unilaterally decide not to consider an option for OU/OSU to join the conference, an ESPN investment proposal, etc.

SIAP
That quote just proves that Scott is the highly paid fall guy for the presidents. The only way he says that or takes some of the actions he has is if the presidents have told him that it actually is his job responsibility. As these things usually go, when the decision gets made to change commissioners I expect that they'll justify the new person with some talk about business background and the future needs of the conference.

I'm beyond ready for a new media rights deal right now even if it is only ESPN+ or streaming only with a monthly plan. If the MWC gets on ESPN+, I will watch the MWC until the next P12 media rights deal is in place. I'm planning to watch some KU, KSU, and OSU stuff on ESPN+ this year as well. I'm just committed to the Nebraska & AFA games this year and then I might just go somewhere else for my football fix.

And yes, a new commissioner would be nice as well.

I'm beyond ready for a new media rights deal right now even if it is only ESPN+ or streaming only with a monthly plan. If the MWC gets on ESPN+, I will watch the MWC until the next P12 media rights deal is in place. I'm planning to watch some KU, KSU, and OSU stuff on ESPN+ this year as well. I'm just committed to the Nebraska & AFA games this year and then I might just go somewhere else for my football fix.

So you won’t watch the Buffs, your “favorite” team, because you aren’t willing to pay $30 a month to sling for 5 months to watch them? Or even stream it from Reddit for free? Now I think I understand why you bought a Nub hat...

Please be joking. Otherwise quit calling yourself a Buff.

You’re going to stop watching the Buffs for 5 years and watch the MWC instead? Lmao, okay.

So you won’t watch the Buffs, your “favorite” team, because you aren’t willing to pay $30 a month to sling for 5 months to watch them? Or even stream it from Reddit for free? Now I think I understand why you bought a Nub hat...

5 months? The first two games are on FSN I believe. To see almost all the games on P12 network, you’d need maybe 60 days on Sling, September 15 through November 15. That’s $50 total. Total. Jalapeño paid $20 to support Allbuffs alone. Odd, isn’t it?

giphy.gif

5 months? The first two games are on FSN I believe. To see almost all the games on P12 network, you’d need maybe 60 days on Sling, September 15 through November 15. That’s $50 total. Total. Jalapeño paid $20 to support Allbuffs alone. Odd, isn’t it?

I paid $1,100 for season tickets and I’ll still have sling lol.

CSU is on ESPN and probably Utah will also, so you need Aug 30 to Nov 30, 3 months and a day. I think last year the CSU game was on CBSSN, which I watched on a free week on Fubo, then got Sling through December.

I'm deciding whether to start streaming or keep dish. Given the choice I'll usually watch a Big12 or SEC game before a Pac12 game not involving the Buffs.

Odd. So much to unravel.

You have the money to buy every video game known to man, but can’t pony up to watch the buffs. And the time to play every video game known to man, and also the time to plan out watching the worst Big XII teams, but can’t put effort into finding the Buffs game? I’d ask what the **** is wrong with you, but I don’t have the time to read the whole answer because there’s a Buffs game later this month.

I paid $1,100 for season tickets and I’ll still have sling lol.

Well check out the big baller moneybags on Brad. No wonder you need all them pockets carrying around 7 wallets.

Go to https://www.gluedtv.com/ You get all of the Pac 12 channels, 800+ channels, all sports and movie channels, all PPV is free, includes new movie releases and you can pay for 3 months for a total of $49 and catch all of the Buffs games and even get it on 5 devices (TV's, phone, laptop, whatever)...

Seriously. What’s the catch?
I have used it for over a year, along with approx. 15 freinds/families I know, Everyone loves it. No catch. Try it for a month, you will see. You get all NBA, MLB, NFL and hockey channels as well - all sports packages are free.

Back