What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

I didn't mean to paint a picture of comparing the people, so much as comparing their approaches and strategies.

I probably could have phrased it better.
I suppose that leveraging fame and economic resources in a new way is sort of a comparable.

I think it's most similar to how some entrepreneurs have been at the forefront with changing regulations and distribution models/ infrastructure or marketing approaches to be ahead of the curve and drive fundamental changes to marketplaces. With respect to Prime, most especially when those innovations empowered folks who had previously had little voice.

I didn't mean to paint a picture of comparing the people, so much as comparing their approaches and strategies.

I probably could have phrased it better.
I think the only comparison is that they both use social media, but I think the way they use social media is entirely different.

Prime has also been highly successful at everything he's ever done, due to his own work ethic and abilities. Trump was born on 3rd base, has fallen upward his entire life due to his privilege and has convinced everyone he hit a home run.

Sorry man, I get the idea behind you and your wife's conversation, but IMO, their similarities begin and end with "they both use social media a lot"

I suppose that leveraging fame and economic resources in a new way is sort of a comparable.

I think it's most similar to how some entrepreneurs have been at the forefront with changing regulations and distribution models/ infrastructure or marketing approaches to be ahead of the curve and drive fundamental changes to marketplaces. With respect to Prime, most especially when those innovations empowered folks who had previously had little voice.

I think the only comparison is that they both use social media, but I think the way they use social media is entirely different.

Prime has also been highly successful at everything he's ever done, due to his own work ethic and abilities. Trump was born on 3rd base, has fallen upward his entire life due to his privilege and has convinced everyone he hit a home run.

Sorry man, I get the idea behind you and your wife's conversation, but IMO, their similarities end with "they both use social media a lot"
I actually think the biggest similiarity is actually how both used their fame and personality, not track record of success or more traditional "sales points", to attract so many players/voters to them to a degree never seen before for a POTUS candidate or CFB HC.

I actually think the biggest similiarity is actually how both used their fame and personality, not track record of success or more traditional "sales points", to attract so many players/voters to them to a degree never seen before for a POTUS candidate or CFB HC.
Lots of people in politics and coaching have traded on fame, though.

Maybe using it to create an empowering populist movement is what you're getting at? That Prime is doing for African Americans in college football what Trump did for the millions of anti-government white power types who didn't used to vote or have a voice in American politics?

Lots of people in politics and coaching have traded on fame, though.

youi're right, of course, but I'm not sure I've seen it to the same degree that Trump has in politics or Sanders in football. I could be missing some obvious examples.
...Maybe using it to create an empowering populist movement is what you're getting at? That Prime is doing for African Americans in college football what Trump did for the millions of anti-government white power types who didn't used to vote or have a voice in American politics?
no, not that

I'm clearly not articulating well the concept that's in my head.

That’s twisted
epw tapout GIF

It sounds like CP being here was part of this deal. I don't understand much of this and haven't looked to be educated. I did get that it ideally will facilitate marketing of players:

I feel like this is a soccer thing.

Good interview with Jean-Jacques Taylor that is more about CP the man and coach. He is writing a book on CP and the 2022 JSU season. I hadn't heard of him but it sounds like he knows CP well and has also known him for a long time.

Starts at the 4:15 mark

Good interview with Jean-Jacques Taylor that is more about CP the man and coach. He is writing a book on CP and the 2022 JSU season. I hadn't heard of him but it sounds like he knows CP well and has also known him for a long time.

#1 Pick is Taylor, right?

whose going to a buy a book about JSU's 2022 season after Sanders wins the Pac 12 in first year at CU?

whose going to a buy a book about JSU's 2022 season after Sanders wins the Pac 12 in first year at CU?
Pac-12 is going to have 5 teams in the top 25 to start the year. Gonna be tough at the top. Bottom half isn't scaring anyone, though.

I'm more annoyed that Denver Post turned a random person's uneducated opinion into a front and center Tweet and article.
I know you know this, but this is par for the course. Shock Jock bull**** to drive traffic and clicks....DP has been doing this for over 30 years (as a symptom of being a dying business) The comments to the tweet are funny.

1. They were not told they weren't allowed to play college football anywhere ever again.
2. It's a "dream fulfillment" wash because opportunities at CU are being given to the same number of guys who were matriculated out.
3. Cuts are part of football - even at the high school level and below. It is what it is and it's not always all that nice or fair. Like life.

1. They were not told they weren't allowed to play college football anywhere ever again.
2. It's a "dream fulfillment" wash because opportunities at CU are being given to the same number of guys who were matriculated out.
3. Cuts are part of football - even at the high school level and below. It is what it is and it's not always all that nice or fair. Like life.
4. Their scholarships were not taken away

Also, if “CU” were the important factor, they could still stay and get their degree on a scholarship.

This is a fair piece, but some of the recruiting staffers quoted in here still don’t understand how terrible the roster was last year. They all know CU was 1-11 with a massive point differential, but nobody wants to acknowledge that it’s really not hard to upgrade over the guys who have left. One even went as far as acknowledging that could be the case, but said it was unlikely.

This is a fair piece, but some of the recruiting staffers quoted in here still don’t understand how terrible the roster was last year. They all know CU was 1-11 with a massive point differential, but nobody wants to acknowledge that it’s really not hard to upgrade over the guys who have left. One even went as far as acknowledging that could be the case, but said it was unlikely.

Commented about this in another thread. If the players are better than Prime’s staff assessed, how come these folks haven’t showered the castaways with offers?

Back