What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Commented about this in another thread. If the players are better than Prime’s staff assessed, how come these folks haven’t showered the castaways with offers?
Same thing happened with the 2023 prep recruiting class that CP almost completely cut loose. They're certainly CFB scholarship level players, but a minority are P5 targets (and very few of interest to the better P5 programs).

This is a fair piece, but some of the recruiting staffers quoted in here still don’t understand how terrible the roster was last year. They all know CU was 1-11 with a massive point differential, but nobody wants to acknowledge that it’s really not hard to upgrade over the guys who have left. One even went as far as acknowledging that could be the case, but said it was unlikely.

You can see the lies as well. For example, the HC that said Coach Prime ran off his entire OL.

Players pushed for the right to get paid and the right to transfer when and wherever they want. Those two factors have changed the way college football operates. Most casual fans just can’t grasp the new reality. Managing a college football program has become much more cutthroat. Don’t cry about it nor feel sorry for players. The new reality was always going to be at the expense of marginal players. This ain’t your daddy’s college football. Sorry.

Oregon's transfer attrition seems like a bigger story to me since that was a 10-win team that didn't have a coaching change and had highly ranked recruiting classes filling the roster.

I realize that it's a much bigger number for CU, but I think 50+ departures from the Buffs makes more sense than 30+ departures from the Ducks.

Whatever, though. The media attention and fan obsession on social are good for us. We want that spotlight.

Oregon's transfer attrition seems like a bigger story to me since that was a 10-win team that didn't have a coaching change and had highly ranked recruiting classes filling the roster.

I realize that it's a much bigger number for CU, but I think 50+ departures from the Buffs makes more sense than 30+ departures from the Ducks.

Whatever, though. The media attention and fan obsession on social are good for us. We want that spotlight.
“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about and, that is not being talked about.” Oscar Wilde.

This season will be difficult. It was always going to be tough given the schedule.

But what the season will show is the program is back on the right trajectory. If this team stays healthy, it is a 6-7 win team with the shot to win 1-3 more depending on in-game circumstances. If injuries start to ravage the team, it will be a 2-3 win team.

The only thing that will make this year a failure is if the 2024 recruiting class sucks.

This season will be difficult. It was always going to be tough given the schedule.

But what the season will show is the program is back on the right trajectory. If this team stays healthy, it is a 6-7 win team with the shot to win 1-3 more depending on in-game circumstances. If injuries start to ravage the team, it will be a 2-3 win team.

The only thing that will make this year a failure is if the 2024 recruiting class sucks.
The only reason I'm going to expect a better season than that is I'm trying to align my expectations with the messaging from our coaches about winning now.

Those coaches are saying those negative things about CP because boy if CU goes bowling this season, it will lead to a massive earthquake within CFB. Maybe they just don't want to have to look into the eyes of the players and say "son, you might want to go into the portal." Or they are just mad that they won't have their off week like usual when it comes to playing CU.

I don't think those outsider coaches comprehend how bad things have gotten in Boulder under FHCKD. Those constant headlines of CP brought me back from the fan portal.

Players pushed for the right to get paid and the right to transfer when and wherever they want. Those two factors have changed the way college football operates. Most casual fans just can’t grasp the new reality. Managing a college football program has become much more cutthroat. Don’t cry about it nor feel sorry for players. The new reality was always going to be at the expense of marginal players. This ain’t your daddy’s college football. Sorry.

Well said. We are fans of the team not individual players. I'm enjoying this change because it is going to be more about the team (and maybe the QB) than the individual players. Brings me back to where I was when I started watching college football in the first place.

And for this season, six wins are as far as the Buffs can go in my opinion. Freak things can happen such as an epic upset of USC in their last trip to Boulder for a long time.

CP as National COY with a bowl team...I can see that happening.

Difficult yes and yet I only see two games as unwinnable...USC and UO.
There’s a lot of roster fluctuation but, as currently composed, my model has Colorado as big dogs (10+ Expected Points aka “EP”) against…

Oregon
U$C
Oregon State
Utah

They are 5-9 EP underdogs to…

TCU

They are in home favored/pickem EP spots against…

Nebraska
UCLA
Arizona

They are favored by >2.5 EP against…

Colorado State
Arizona State
Washington State
Stanford

We play 6 of 12 against Top 25 teams. I think it is unlikely all of those 6 teams finish in the Top 25.

There’s a lot of roster fluctuation but, as currently composed, my model has Colorado as big dogs (10+ Expected Points aka “EP”) against…

Oregon
U$C
Oregon State
Utah

TCU

Nebraska
UCLA
Arizona

Colorado State
Arizona State
Washington State
Stanford
Pretty good for a roster down 19 spots.

You're the handicapper, but based on talent, I agree. When you mix in the lack of continuity and starting something new from (basically) scratch, I take ~2 wins off due to growing pains. I am firmly in the 4-7 win category. Anything more than 7 is a damn miracle IMO. I see no way that CP wins COY unless he wins 8+ games (purely out of anticipated spite held by the balance of the CFB world)....there will be a crap ton of haters come out of the woodworks this year whenever we fall on our face, and that is to be expected. Time to circle the wagons!

Last edited:
You're the handicapper, but based on talent, I agree. When you mix in the lack of continuity and starting something new from (basically) scratch, I take ~2 wins off due to growing pains. I am firmly in the 4-7 win category. Anything more than 7 is a damn miracle IMO. I see no way that CP wins COY unless he wins 8+ games (purely out of anticipated spite held by the balance of the CFB world)....there will be a crap ton of haters come out of the woodworks this year whenever we fall on our face, and that is to be expected. Time to circle the wagons!
Colorado has very strong top end talent. This talent can turn the tide of games in Colorado’s favor. If that talent is gone, the tide goes the other way.

Those coaches are saying those negative things about CP because boy if CU goes bowling this season, it will lead to a massive earthquake within CFB. Maybe they just don't want to have to look into the eyes of the players and say "son, you might want to go into the portal." Or they are just mad that they won't have their off week like usual when it comes to playing CU.

I don't think those outsider coaches comprehend how bad things have gotten in Boulder under FHCKD. Those constant headlines of CP brought me back from the fan portal.

Well said. We are fans of the team not individual players. I'm enjoying this change because it is going to be more about the team (and maybe the QB) than the individual players. Brings me back to where I was when I started watching college football in the first place.

I read this as F*ckhead

Oregon
U$C
Oregon State
Utah

TCU

Nebraska
UCLA
Arizona

Colorado State
Arizona State
Washington State
Stanford
I refuse to buy the OSU hype

Imagine if ADRG, had a moment of future-forward thinking, and hired prime in Dec. of 2021 instead of 2022? Would Gonzo, Rice, Blackmon, and others left? Would CU have had the embarrassment of being the worst offense for two years in a row?
All he had to do was use the MT buyout money to hire another successful P5 coordinator when the job was open. It wasn't rocket science. MT had already delivered the recruiting class, so the only thing on the slate was spring practice and finding some grad transfers to bolster things.

Oregon
U$C
Oregon State
Utah

TCU

Nebraska
UCLA
Arizona

Colorado State
Arizona State
Washington State
Stanford
You think the TCU line is going to come down to single digits? I think it currently sits at 20.5

Back