What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

You think the TCU line is going to come down to single digits? I think it currently sits at 20.5
That’s not what my message was saying. My predictive model has Colorado as scoring 5-9 fewer EP than TCU across 50K simulations. The handicapping is not as well refined because rosters are in flux. But, according to my model’s player ratings, the current line is not correct by a wide margin.

As for whether the line will adjust… that’ll depend largely on whether the books get big Colorado money from sharps. If I had to guess, the line closes nearer to 24 than 17.

That’s not what my message was saying. My predictive model has Colorado as scoring 5-9 fewer EP than TCU across 50K simulations. The handicapping is not as well refined because rosters are in flux. But, according to my model’s player ratings, the current line is not correct by a wide margin.

As for whether the line will adjust… that’ll depend largely on whether the books get big Colorado money from sharps. If I had to guess, the line closes nearer to 24 than 17.
So go heavy on Colorado, and retire. Got it

It must've been nice for him to take over a team that was going to a bowl every year and didn't have to cut 1 player.

BTW does this guy ever stop whining? What a bitch.

Yep. The portal sucks and it's bad for college football in my opinion. And as a team that has been recently raided of our best players, the new game has become to be on the net-positive side of that exchange. And I appreciate our coach fighting to be on the right side for the benefit of his team. ****ing 1-11. Let Rhule work with the players he has, fine, but we weren't going to win with ours.

It must've been nice for him to take over a team that was going to a bowl every year and didn't have to cut 1 player.

BTW does this guy ever stop whining? What a bitch.

Agreed. Total bitchy take.

And so.... following the Rules as they have been set forth... is.... what exactly? Not the way things were supposed to happen? Um. Rules define the way things are supposed to happen, don't they? There's no... well sure that's what the Rule says... but... really... that's not what it means....

There is no Rule saying that the Transfer Portal is only for patching a few players into your existing roster. There's no legislative history of the development of the Rule that suggests that's not what was intended. If they wanted to put a limit on the Portal, they could have, but didn't. We are playing by the Rules for the benefit of our team, which was the worst team in CFA. We aren't doing this for the benefit of PITT or the NUBS. When we were hatchet'd in prior years, it was all within the Rules. It sucked us down in into the Ninth Circle Hell. So, now that we were down here, we are supposed to stick to some unspoken, undefined, commonly understood rules which would only serve to ensure we remain buried beneath the detritus of scum scraped off the shoes of the elite teams’ equipment managers?

(Old Nerd Analogy Trigger Warning.)

This form of developing narrative begins to conceptually echo the practice of Red Lining from the 50's: sure, you can get some money to move up to build a better life, but we just have to charge you more for that money based on where you are now, because... well.... you know.....where you live and who you are... and all. Sure, the new Rules say you can bring in as many players as you want, but that's not what the Rules really mean....you understand, right? I'm sure you'll be able to get some more players... later... we'll let you know... after we get what we need. And frankly, we don't need the players you had on your team that you told wouldn't be playing. So you should hold on to them until they graduate. That would be best for the whole system. You understand.

@&Q$^#&@&#^#^#^!!!!!!

(This ****** tweaks me hard. I apologize for the rant that was brewing....)

Last edited:
Let them whine. In a few years it will become the standard way new coaches turn around a football program and they will all be doing exactly what they are so adamantly opposed to now. Fortunately the game has changed over time, and the innovators that bring about that change have always been ostracized by those benefiting from maintaining the status quo.

Let them whine. In a few years it will become the standard way new coaches turn around a football program and they will all be doing exactly what they are so adamantly opposed to now. Fortunately the game has changed over time, and the innovators that bring about that change have always been ostracized by those benefiting from maintaining the status quo.
I do not think there are many coaches that can do what Prime is doing, so many new coaches are not going to change many players, even though many should if you want to have a chance.

I do not think there are many coaches that can do what Prime is doing, so many new coaches are not going to change many players, even though many should if you want to have a chance.
It won't even be possible.

First, the initial counter rule is going back into effect.

Next, we'll run out the clock on having a surplus of players due to 2020 not counting towards the eligibility clock.

Coach Prime himself would not be able to repeat this. Perfect storm for CU.

Next, we'll run out the clock on having a surplus of players due to 2020 not counting towards the eligibility clock.

Colorado's 3 choices based on our roster were

1. Change the Roster 1 year at a time, and thus an average team is possible in 4 years
  2. Change the Roster in one big move and begin to be competitive again quickly
  3. Move to G5 and stop trying to compete in P5

I agree that nobody could likely repeat exactly what Prime has done, both because Prime is unique in what he can do, and (as Buffnik pointed out) the rules won't allow it. However they will all be more aggressive in turning over their rosters much quicker than has been the norm up to this point. The idea that a school has a long term commitment to every recruit they bring in went out the window with the transfer portal. Prime is the first to fully embrace and exploit that new reality.

While the waiver of the 25 man rule was for two years, it was put in place for that time for them to review afterwards. I feel they can't go back to the 25 man rule with the transfer portal, as a team could potentially lose more players to the portal then they can replace. I just can't see them reimplementing the 25 man rule without something different, although what that may look like is unknown.

Wow, that person’s timeline is full of maga ****, go figure. I wonder what it is about deion that has magaworld so pissed.
It’s because he is on a mission from god
Mission Reaction GIF

This is great!

1. He/we will be really good and then leave (bad for Colorado, apparently).

2. He/we will suck (which he is anonymously asserting we will). Well, we were 1-11 last year, soooo...

I'm not fully understanding his lose/lose logic here.
Don’t forget this
Jackson State was so good because they could get FBS-level guys and beat on FCS rosters. That won't happen here. They're not a good roster right now. How does he handle losing big?”

Back