What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

This offseason, the Colorado Buffaloes made quite a splash in the college football world when they hired Hall of Famer Deion Sanders to become the team’s head coach, luring him away from Jackson State. But one Pac-12 head coach doesn’t seem to think it was a great hire for Colorado.

That quote that was circulating was about the spring roster, FWIW
Yeah. Speculation I heard at the time was Whittingham. Also, the whispers are that just about every HC is hoping Coach Prime fails instead of forcing them to adapt to his model.

It doesn’t say it was a HC.

Regardless there are more scenarios than “being really really good” and being “really really bad”. CU could turn into Utah, for example, and be entirely above average but not ever really really good
Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

Also, the whispers are that just about every HC is hoping Coach Prime fails instead of forcing them to adapt to his model.
This.

They're smart enough to know they can't compete if his model becomes the way to win.

But the thing is, he's one of one. He'll move on eventually, and his model won't really work for anyone else.

Presuming he wins, how he wins isn't THE way to win, any more than Saban's or Myer's ways are THE way. They are ways to win.

We'll find out soon if Prime has found another way to win.

I'm completely flabbergasted by the notion that the University of Colorado - Boulder is now a flashpoint for (at least perceived, time will tell how real) racism because of the early success of a black man.

Having lived in the South longer than anywhere else, the predominantly white population of the area is something that's always stood out for me.

Last edited:
d40b3692-ff0a-461c-a349-2a53ee540ee1_text.gif

I'm completely flabbergasted by the notion that the University of Colorado - Boulder is now a flashpoint for (at least perceived, time will tell how real) racism because of the early success of a black man.

Having lived in the South longer than anywhere else, the predominantly white population of the area is something that's always stood out for me.
Colorado is the whitest place Ive ever lived. Compared to what I saw in the south is not very racist. I saw blatant snd overt racism in the South as I suspect you did.

Colorado is the whitest place Ive ever lived. Compared to what I saw in the south is not very racist. I saw blatant snd overt racism in the South as I suspect you did.
I urge you to visit Nebraska. Passive aggressive “Nebraska Nice” racism is layered like a parfait.

Years (and years) ago, I was around an inebriated adult didn’t understand that saying “I’m putting a little imaginary n***o man on top of my beer can” was absolutely out of line, and didn’t get why I was like “WTF?!” Only to find out down the road that they were the full racist after another inebriated rant on Mexicans and immigration.

I wish I could say that this was the only and worse experience that I’ve had here in my 35 years…there was a mass fight/near riot at my HS in my sophomore year over this BS.

I urge you to visit Nebraska. Passive aggressive “Nebraska Nice” racism is layered like a parfait.

Years (and years) ago, I was around an inebriated adult didn’t understand that saying “I’m putting a little imaginary n***o man on top of my beer can” was absolutely out of line, and didn’t get why I was like “WTF?!” Only to find out down the road that they were the full racist after another inebriated rant on Mexicans and immigration.

I wish I could say that this was the only and worse experience that I’ve had here in my 35 years…there was a mass fight/near riot at my HS in my sophomore year over this BS.
Sad.

Colorado has a state population with one of the highest rates of advanced education in the USA. Whereas Nebraska is…. And The South is….

Infer what you like from here about endemic racism.

Had two of my classmates literally say "why is it ok for black people to say n*****, but white people can't?". This wasn't when we were kids either. We were all in our mid 30's.

Also sitting in a bar in Sioux City, Iowa, had a dude come out of the bathroom and immediately yell "go Trump"...he then leaned in to me and said, "you get it, right? We can't let the n*****s win"...

Midwesterners are some of the most racist people you'll ever meet.

haters puffing their chests out because we are not going to win a national championship this year. what a crazy ride this has been.

i do think a lot of it is racism. why are some of these people (danny kannel, e.g.) so up in arms? what in particular bothers folks about Coach? lane and the pirate and a whole bunch of coaches have been cocky and flamboyant.

the haters kept moving the bar every week so far this season.

i think we win at least 3 more games against a very tough schedule. that is a miracle and a great coaching job.

keep hating, you dirty bitches. we will keep building.

haters puffing their chests out because we are not going to win a national championship this year. what a crazy ride this has been.

i do think a lot of it is racism. why are some of these people (danny kannel, e.g.) so up in arms? what in particular bothers folks about Coach? lane and the pirate and a whole bunch of coaches have been cocky and flamboyant.

the haters kept moving the bar every week so far this season.

i think we win at least 3 more games against a very tough schedule. that is a miracle and a great coaching job.

keep hating, you dirty bitches. we will keep building.
If you’re white, you are bestowed with the title “National Treasure”, and everyone wants to you be “protected at all costs”

If you decided to not be white at birth, then you get the “loudmouth and arrogant” title and everyone says you “need to be humbled and put in your place”

Very fun and cool. Totally coincidental

Back