What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Two bagger.
waka flocka GIF

Maybe. Seems strange that nobody can find a reason why he is pissed at CBS though. I am sure there is a reason, he never does anything without a purpose, and maybe he cuts them off and does not do the coaches show with channel 4. Last year it was not announced until mid to late August that he was going to be on Channel 4. Cannot find anything on where the show will be this year
If her work contract allows it, maybe he could do an independent podcast by Romi. But I hope whatever the CBS thing may be ends up getting resolved quickly. Do they have an offer right on any CU games?

every time I’ve called Sean a bum ass journalist in person and online, he cowers.

other sports journalist take it like a champ and riff back, keeler is the only one to be a true a baby back bitch.

I love Coach Prime, but he sure can be a big ol’ fat bitch with his pettiness sometimes.

He was so likable on tv, but he comes off as arrogant and unlikeable in a lot of the press conferences that I’ve seen.

He’s made CU relevant by having every team’s fan base dying to humble him/us.

Beefing with CBS affiliates/similar outlets is beneath him, but he falls for it every single time.

I love Coach Prime, but he sure can be a big ol’ fat bitch with his pettiness sometimes.

He was so likable on tv, but he comes off as arrogant and unlikeable in a lot of the press conferences that I’ve seen.

Beefing with CBS affiliates/similar outlets is beneath him, but he falls for it every single time.
Fully disagree.

Haven't you realized by now HCP is one step ahead every time. He's got a plan. He knows what he's doing.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Last edited:
You know what this tells me? HCP knows just how good this team is and is absolutely feeling it. That's empowering him to be able to knock the unbelievers off the bandwagon. Can't wait to watch all the boot lickin' after we win 8+ this year. Fans keep receipts, too.

You don’t pay enough attention to most college football coaches (and even NFL coaches, although they keep things tighter because they get fined by the league if they step out too much), of this is your take.

They go up there and field some real ****ty questions from outlets whose only motivation is to take what they say and spin into a hit piece. Keeler has been doing it since CP got here and Prime apparently has a beef with big CBS. Speculation about it being over something they spun about Shilo. I don’t necessarily like him transposing that beef onto Eric Christensen because he’s part of the local affiliate, but it’s also not my Son and I don’t know what the specific issue is.

Mostly, Prime is being authentic and transparent with reporters and that rubs people the wrong way because we’ve been conditioned into thinking that football coaches have to be punching bags for the media so they can sell their clicks and views.

You don’t pay enough attention to most college football coaches (and even NFL coaches, although they keep things tighter because they get fined by the league if they step out too much), of this is your take.

They go up there and field some real ****ty questions from outlets whose only motivation is to take what they say and spin into a hit piece. Keeler has been doing it since CP got here and Prime apparently has a beef with big CBS. Speculation about it being over something they spun about Shilo. I don’t necessarily like him transposing that beef onto Eric Christensen because he’s part of the local affiliate, but it’s also not my Son and I don’t know what the specific issue is.

Mostly, Prime is being authentic and transparent with reporters and that rubs people the wrong way because we’ve been conditioned into thinking that football coaches have to be punching bags for the media so they can sell their clicks and views.
Keeler's "Well I've got to get paid" response should end any argument about what sports media (and media is general) is about these days.

Prime isn’t the first head coach to make headlines over press conference drama! 😆

1. Does anyone know what the "3-9 press conference" reference is all about?
2. There seems to be debate over whether this is about the Shilo story or about the story ranking him one of the worst coaches in the XII. Realistically, Sanders should make it clear what his beef is if he's going to air it in public.
3. I'm surprised an FBS coach's contract doesn't require taking questions from all credentialed media at organized press conferences.

Anybody think he’s going for the us vs. them angle to motivate the team? I know siege mentality isn’t preferred, but maybe he’s circling the wagons. Just a thought.

1. Does anyone know what the "3-9 press conference" reference is all about?
2. There seems to be debate over whether this is about the Shilo story or about the story ranking him one of the worst coaches in the XII. Realistically, Sanders should make it clear what his beef is if he's going to air it in public.
3. I'm surprised an FBS coach's contract doesn't require taking questions from all credentialed media at organized press conferences.
I’m assuming Keeler is saying, “This press conference was worse than their record last year”. It’s a metaphor.

Anybody think he’s going for the us vs. them angle to motivate the team? I know siege mentality isn’t preferred, but maybe he’s circling the wagons. Just a thought.
IMO, @Big Iron Buff had a good thought about him taking the media attention off the players and putting it on himself. Mike Gundy has done this a lot of times over the years, including this offseason with his drinking and driving comments after Ollie Gordon got a DUI.

Back