What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Pointing out the obvious but I think it needs to be continuously hammered home until it changes.

This wouldn’t be a big story if Prime was a white dude. The veiled racism across “journalism” continues to be gross

The cope will be scintillating when he becomes the first black head coach to win a national championship.

I've never heard of this asshole until now. I don't read the DP. Outside of places like NYC and Phila, I don't think I've seen a local columnist **** on the local college program as much as this asshole before. Usually the readers are fans and don't want the local local columns to be a Huskermax mash ups. How is he still employed?

Pointing out the obvious but I think it needs to be continuously hammered home until it changes.

This wouldn’t be a big story if Prime was a white dude. The veiled racism across “journalism” continues to be gross
I'm not sure that's true.

We have really got em stirred up now.

Prime drips confidence, dresses with attention grabbing style, speaks brashly, wears shades and he's "too cool for school" with the justification supposedly that he can't be like that when he went 4-8.

Yet I could substitute "Prime" with "Kingsbury" in the above from the TTU era and the articles were about him being the coolest coach in college football. Draw your own conclusions.

I've never heard of this asshole until now. I don't read the DP. Outside of places like NYC and Phila, I don't think I've seen a local columnist **** on the local college program as much as this asshole before. Usually the readers are fans and don't want the local local columns to be a Huskermax mash ups. How is he still employed?
Kirk Bohls with the Austin American Statesman was despised by most Texas fans, and they have been calling him Kunt Bohls for years. He caught hell when he voted for Reggie Bush over Vince Young in the 2005 Heisman voting.

I somewhat disagree. I don’t think this would be a story if a) had a winning record last year after 2) storming in here with all of his Louis Vuitton, keeping receipts, dominating opponents, calling out the press and then going 4-8, after getting absolutely murdered by Oregon after the players stomped all over their logo, like a bunch of idiots.
Do I love and respect, Coach Sanders, yes. Do I agree with everything he always does, not really

I somewhat disagree. I don’t think this would be a story if a) had a winning record last year after 2) storming in here with all of his Louis Vuitton, keeping receipts, dominating opponents, calling out the press and then going 4-8, after getting absolutely murdered by Oregon after the players stomped all over their logo, like a bunch of idiots.
Do I love and respect, Coach Sanders, yes. Do I agree with everything he always does, not really
This post is like when someone says “with all due respect” and then proceeds to completely disrespect someone.

The reason you take issue with these things is because you think there’s a certain way a coach should act when it comes to media engagement and Prime has shown he’s not going to fit in that box. CP isn’t going to let a columnist who hasn’t written a single positive thing about Prime himself or the program since he’s arrived, continue to show up, use CP for engagement and then spin it into something negative. Nor should he.

There is a HUGE racial component. 1) not understanding black culture and 2) massive double standard.

Rhule does some **** on the logo, then lies and claims he was praying and the media eats it up.

Lanning talks all kinds of ****, then records even more **** talking, and he is the hero.

Narduzzi also talks some ****, but Prime is the villain when he responds.

Athalon reporter turns out two articles of nonsense that would be national stories, and Prime is the mean one when he calls out the media.

The media in general doesn't recognize that Prime doesn't talk a lot of ****. He is loud and brash and cocky - but most **** talking is other folks responding to the attention he generates. Then he may respond and he gets the backlash

There is a HUGE racial component. 1) not understanding black culture and 2) massive double standard.

Rhule does some **** on the logo, then lies and claims he was praying and the media eats it up.

Lanning talks all kinds of ****, then records even more **** talking, and he is the hero.

Narduzzi also talks some ****, but Prime is the villain when he responds.

Athalon reporter turns out two articles of nonsense that would be national stories, and Prime is the mean one when he calls out the media.

The media in general doesn't recognize that Prime doesn't talk a lot of ****. He is loud and brash and cocky - but most **** talking is other folks responding to the attention he generates. Then he may respond and he gets the backlash
You can also add Cignetti. Blasts recruiting services - people love him, talked **** about other B1G schools - people love him. Take a ****load of players/staff from JMU and everyone is silent.

This post is like when someone says “with all due respect” and then proceeds to completely disrespect someone.

The reason you take issue with these things is because you think there’s a certain way a coach should act when it comes to media engagement and Prime has shown he’s not going to fit in that box. CP isn’t going to let a columnist who hasn’t written a single positive thing about Prime himself or the program since he’s arrived, continue to show up, use CP for engagement and then spin it into something negative. Nor should he.
You’re not actually correct. My opinion is, talk all the **** you want, but back it up. He came in talking a bunch of ****, then we fell on our face. Did we improve from the year before, sure. Did we improve enough to warrant all the smack talk..not even ****ing close.

You’re not actually correct. My opinion is, talk all the **** you want, but back it up. He came in talking a bunch of ****, then we fell on our face. Did we improve from the year before, sure. Did we improve enough to warrant all the smack talk..not even ****ing close.

Like Dio said, Coach Prime doesn't sh*t talk that much. Way less than other coaches. You are conflating sh*t talking with confidence. Coach Prime is a very confident person, and tries to instill the same confidence in his players. I think that is a quality you want in a football coach.

Last edited:
Can you provide me with even one example of him talking **** about another team?

Rhule, Lanning, Narduzzi, Norvell... Those are off the top of my head who talked **** directly or indirectly. I can't think of when Prime initiated anything more than brashness and boasting
The thing that bothers me the most is that Prime starts out being nice and respectful, the other guy uses Prime to motivate his team and get media attention, and then when Prime responds to put things right the instigator gets treated by the media like the party who was wronged.

As an aside, I think Norvell is a total asshole who coaches players to be chippy & dirty but I at least respect that he doesn't back down. I didn't know much about Rhule before last year, but I found him to be a 2-faced weasel who plays innocent after starting ****. Norvell is the type of guy who would piss me off and bring out my best, but if I saw him after the game I could give a sincere handshake. Rhule is the type of guy I'd want to bury then I'd blow off after the game by laughing in his face and telling him to keep his weak ass clown routine away from me and out of his mouth.

Narduzzi and Lanning are just dicks.

Uh, this is the only reason anyone ever says "with all due respect."

Last edited:
Like Dio said, Coach Prime doesn't sh*t talk that much. Way less than other coaches. You are conflating sh*t talking with confidence. Coach Prime is a very confident person, and tries to instill the same confidence in his players. I think that is a quality you want in a football coach.
You’re probably correct. No way I’m old enough or experienced enough to understand the difference. Looking back at last year, nothing he did made me cringe and think it was a bad look for a team that wasn’t mudholing anyone like Oregon did to us. Thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me the most is that Prime starts out being nice and respectful, the other guy uses Prime to motivate his team and get media attention, and then when Prime responds to put things right the instigator gets treated by the media like the party who was wronged.

As an aside, I think Norvell is a total asshole who coaches players to be chippy & dirty but I at least respect that he doesn't back down. I didn't know much about Rhule before last year, but I found him to be a 2-faced weasel who plays innocent after starting ****. Norvell is the type of guy who would piss me off and bring out my best, but if I saw him after the game I could give a sincere handshake. Rhule is the type of guy I'd want to bury then I'd blow off after the game by laughing in his face and telling him to keep his weak ass clown routine away from me and out of his mouth.

Narduzzi and Lanning are just dicks.
Nik, totally agree. As for Lanning being a Dick - I hate him with the fury of a thousand suns. But after all the **** taking he did about us, and after our players were shown disrespecting their field AFTER we threw a hissy fit about whatever Nebraska did to our field, he went out and ****ed us up. I quasi respect that. And then rooted for him somehow lose his job and become a homeless bum.

You’re probably correct. Know way I’m old enough or experienced enough to understand the difference. Looking back at last year, nothing he did made me cringe and think it was a bad look for a team that wasn’t mudholing anyone like Oregon did to us. Thanks for setting me straight.

Meh. It’s a subtle difference. And I also think last year’s team was infinitely better than the one before it. The record just didn’t show it.

.500 this year is okay with me. More than that, then we are talking about an incredible turnaround. The national media doesn’t get it because they don’t understand or overlook how bad the program was when Prime inherited it.

But I totally get Prime being like, “We are going to win this year.” Would you rather him say, “This program was in shambles. It’s gonna take some time”?

Meh. It’s a subtle difference. And I also think last year’s team was infinitely better than the one before it. The record just didn’t show it.

.500 this year is okay with me. More than that, then we are talking about an incredible turnaround. The national media doesn’t get it because they don’t understand or overlook how bad the program was when Prime inherited it.
There's too much talent on this roster to be content w/ 6-6

Uh, this is the only reason anyone ever says "with all due respect."
Right. It’s a stupid thing to say. Not entirely dissimilar to when you say a bunch of stuff and then go, “with that said”, and proceed to say things that essentially contradict everything before “with that said”.

In this context, Aviator basically lays into Prime for numerous things and then finishes with, “but I do respect and love Prime”.

The bothersome part is the media always rolls their eyes at the coach speak and says they want honesty and transparency. Then when they get it, they’re up-in-arms.
Most of them don't want to be part of the story is the thing. And I respect that, because I pretty much hate all the journalists I can think of who make themselves part of the story.

There's too much talent on this roster to be content w/ 6-6

So if we fall short of that, or don't exceed that, what should CU do?

Actually - that was my post - but I'll spell it out. So who is responsible for the talent? And who is responsible for the wins? And if they are the same person, then who do you blame? I mean, you're kind of engaging in dumbf*ckery, agree?

Back