What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Most of them don't want to be part of the story is the thing. And I respect that, because I pretty much hate all the journalists I can think of who make themselves part of the story.

Not sure I agree in regards to sports journalism. I think "most" is pushing it.

Not sure I agree in regards to sports journalism. I think "most" is pushing it.
It has changed for sure. It's probably the only way to make money in that profession now - being a media personality rather than a journalist. So you're probably right and my thinking is antiquated.

Most of them don't want to be part of the story is the thing. And I respect that, because I pretty much hate all the journalists I can think of who make themselves part of the story.
Yes, but I’m talking about the non-Keelers in this situation. Basically everyone else piling on Prime for how he engaged with Keeler. They all want honesty and Prime gives it to them every day

Yes, but I’m talking about the non-Keelers in this situation. Basically everyone else piling on Prime for how he engaged with Keeler. They all want honesty and Prime gives it to them every day
For sure they circle the wagons. In this case, they're loving an opportunity to try to show Prime that they have a level of power and leverage in their relationship.

Sean Payton is and will continue to be a complete dick to most local journalists, but you will never seem the same amount of criticism lobbed his way.
In part it’s because he’s mandated by his employer that he has to answer questions and can be fined if he doesn’t.

I bet had Prime allowed Keeler (and Christensen) to ask his question, even after their exchange, and then answered it in a condescending tone, he wouldn’t be getting as much backlash

In part it’s because he’s mandated by his employer that he has to answer questions and can be fined if he doesn’t.

I bet had Prime allowed Keeler (and Christensen) to ask his question, even after their exchange, and then answered it in a condescending tone, he wouldn’t be getting as much backlash

Sure.

But the local media types also know they can punch down on local college coaches and will get little backlash.

So if we fall short of that, or don't exceed that, what should CU do?

Actually - that was my post - but I'll spell it out. So who is responsible for the talent? And who is responsible for the wins? And if they are the same person, then who do you blame? I mean, you're kind of engaging in dumbf*ckery, agree?
CU wouldn't need to do anything but it can also be true that given the roster CU underachieved.

Lot of experience all over, elite QB, elite WRs, should be solid on the OL, front 7 looks quite talented, & the secondary has a lot of talent...ILB & OL are question marks but OL seems to have been addressed nicely.

CU wouldn't need to do anything but it can also be true that given the roster CU underachieved.

Lot of experience all over, elite QB, elite WRs, should be solid on the OL, front 7 looks quite talented, & the secondary has a lot of talent...ILB & OL are question marks but OL seems to have been addressed nicely.

So who you mad at? The coach or the coach?

What type of baby refuses to answer a question from a reporter who just happens to work for the same company that put out a ****ty little article ranking Deion 2nd to last in the conference? We can all agree the media are worthless leaching middleman whores, but there's no defending how childish this is. How about winning a ton of games to shut people up?

But what are you trying to say? That Prime is a good GM but a bad coach? That he could lure talent but couldn’t coach them? Sounds kind of Rogan-ey. Just sayin.

This isn’t the pros. The GM and the coach are the same guy. But I guess you can PFF yourself so you can ______.

What type of baby refuses to answer a question from a reporter who just happens to work for the same company that put out a ****ty little article ranking Deion 2nd to last in the conference? We can all agree the media are worthless leaching middleman whores, but there's no defending how childish this is. How about winning a ton of games to shut people up?

Have you met college football coaches?

So you're saying this is normal behavior? It's certainly normal for CP. Why is he so insecure?
I think it was a hit piece on Shilo by CBS that pissed him off and made him decide not to do a thing which benefits that company. It unfairly impacts some people who had nothing to do with it, such as some reporters Prime likes at the local affiliate. I think it's fair to question this decision, but I am pretty confident that insecurity being the driver is a bad read of what makes him tick.

Yes, pretty normal for college coaches because they hate being challenged. The new NIL landscape only heightens their bunker mentality.
This is serious copium. It is not normal behavior to refuse to speak to a person because someone else at their place of work wrote something about you.

I think it was a hit piece on Shilo by CBS that pissed him off and made him decide not to do a thing which benefits that company. It unfairly impacts some people who had nothing to do with it, such as some reporters Prime likes at the local affiliate. I think it's fair to question this decision, but I am pretty confident that insecurity being the driver is a bad read of what makes him tick.
Seems like misplaced anger. Shilo beat a man and his now doing shennaningans around NIL and his bankruptcy. But lest you all refuse to talk to me ever again for stating a fact, I'd better not bring that up.

Seems like misplaced anger. Shilo beat a man and his now doing shennaningans around NIL and his bankruptcy. But lest you all refuse to talk to me ever again for stating a fact, I'd better not bring that up.
At least get your facts straight. He pushed the guy into the building after he grabbed him from behind. He was wrong, but it was more of a freak injury and not what you described. Watch the video.

Also, to your previous post - Prime is definitely not normal. What ever gave you the impression that he is, wants to be, or that any of us would want that? He's special. And he has achieved a ton because of it. He's not going to fit inside whatever box you want him to. He's going to be him.

The guy put his hands on Shilo first. And Shilo was 15 at the time. He was a kid and the dude did not need to touch him.
One of the strangest things to me is that I would think the school security guard violated policy. My son's 15 right now. If he ignored a security guard who was telling him to put away his cell phone and walked away out the door, I'd say he was wrong. If that security guard then chased my son out the door and grabbed him, I might want the guy fired. Doesn't excuse putting the guy against the wall, but still. I don't want to hear that Shilo is some thug because of this happening when he was a kid. And if the story getting told is that he beat the guy,then I understand even more why Prime is pissed about irresponsible reporting that unfairly targeted his kid.

At least get your facts straight. He pushed the guy into the building after he grabbed him from behind. He was wrong, but it was more of a freak injury and not what you described. Watch the video.

Also, to your previous post - Prime is definitely not normal. What ever gave you the impression that he is, wants to be, or that any of us would want that? He's special. And he has achieved a ton because of it. He's not going to fit inside whatever box you want him to. He's going to be him.
He's going to be him, I don't want him to change, why would I? I'd be embarrassed if my coach acted like a ****ing baby though. Remember when Mike Bellotti(an all around great dude) said that the MWC couldn't hang with Pac-X talent before a bowl game with BYU that the Ducks proceeded to lose by 5 touchdowns? That was ****ing AWFUL, embarrassing, cringe AF. I can call a spade a spade, can you?

He's going to be him, I don't want him to change, why would I? I'd be embarrassed if my coach acted like a ****ing baby though. Remember when Mike Bellotti(an all around great dude) said that the MWC couldn't hang with Pac-X talent before a bowl game with BYU that the Ducks proceeded to lose by 5 touchdowns? That was ****ing AWFUL, embarrassing, cringe AF. I can call a spade a spade, can you?
bench presenting GIF

Right. It’s a stupid thing to say. Not entirely dissimilar to when you say a bunch of stuff and then go, “with that said”, and proceed to say things that essentially contradict everything before “with that said”.

In this context, Aviator basically lays into Prime for numerous things and then finishes with, “but I do respect and love Prime”.

I was thinking this was going to dominate the sports news Monday morning, but Steph went superman this afternoon. Prime continues to keep CU at the top of the sports news cycle week in and week out

One of the strangest things to me is that I would think the school security guard violated policy. My son's 15 right now. If he ignored a security guard who was telling him to put away his cell phone and walked away out the door, I'd say he was wrong. If that security guard then chased my son out the door and grabbed him, I might want the guy fired. Doesn't excuse putting the guy against the wall, but still. I don't want to hear that Shilo is some thug because of this happening when he was a kid. And if the story getting told is that he beat the guy,then I understand even more why Prime is pissed about irresponsible reporting that unfairly targeted his kid.
I'd want more than him getting fired, but I'd probably settle for that.

I've been watching the Welcome to Wrexham and see a lot of parallels to CUs story with Prime. Social media, documentaries, running out old players and bringing in new. Expectations and some confidence.

The difference is they did it in a very white cultural manner, compared to the embracing of black culture from Prime.

Back