What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Not this stupid **** again. There was nothing wrong with his first meeting with the team, and everybody in that room that was butt hurt over being told to shape up or ship out was a weak little baby who needed to pay for the embarrassment they brought on my alma mater.
You missed the point bro. People were upset about the way the media treated Sanders bringing in a bunch of transfers vs the way Kiffin and Riley were treated - implying it’s bc Sanders is black. If we’re actually honest with ourselves, it’s not because he’s black, it’s because the way the message was delivered and immediate posting on social media…by him (not some secret player-filmed video). Kiffin and Riley didn’t release videos of the players they released calling them trash. So yeah, the media is going to hit on that. If you can’t see that, then fine. But don’t sit on some soapbox saying they hit him on that bc he’s black.

You missed the point bro. People were upset about the way the media treated Sanders bringing in a bunch of transfers vs the way Kiffin and Riley were treated - implying it’s bc Sanders is black. If we’re actually honest with ourselves, it’s not because he’s black, it’s because the way the message was delivered and immediate posting on social media…by him (not some secret player-filmed video). Kiffin and Riley didn’t release videos of the players they released calling them trash. So yeah, the media is going to hit on that. If you can’t see that, then fine. But don’t sit on some soapbox saying they hit him on that bc he’s black.
So it's better without transparency?

I definitely think there's a large element of it being that Prime is open and transparent about things which are dirty little secrets about how CFB works and we'd kind of brush off and try to ignore the uncomfortable reality.

I definitely think there's a large element of it being that Prime is open and transparent about things which are dirty little secrets about how CFB works and we'd kind of brush off and try to ignore the uncomfortable reality.
That’s all fine. But if the message is going, what most people would consider mean-spirited, expect to get hit by the media and opposing fans…again, which is fine. Where I’m getting upset is where people on this board are saying the hits were because he’s black. It’s because he’s Deion.

That’s all fine. But if the message is going, what most people would consider mean-spirited, expect to get hit by the media and opposing fans…again, which is fine. Where I’m getting upset is where people on this board are saying the hits were because he’s black. It’s because he’s Deion.
Are you referring to the press conference where he said he needed better OL? Because I can't think of an instance I would consider "mean-spirited" regarding a kid who left. Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

Yeah, Kiffin was just caught on an audio recording berating a player for claiming mental health issues and threatening to kick him off the team.

Dude.

Agree to disagree on the amount.
You didn’t even know about the Kiffin audio (or had forgotten). Paul Finebaum is still on national TV today ranting about Prime and his treatment of the media from the other day. The opening team meeting from a year and a half ago is still played on TV.

Your refusal to believe subconscious racial bias is ****ing crazy

Translation: CP goes against every norm for college coaches and the media doesn't like him because he refuses to be who they want him to be.

That there’s not much negative coverage of it. The entire point of the conversation. Prime is held to a different standard and has been since he’s been here
I don't see anything at the top of /cfb - but yesterday the top comments were about how ONE PERSON gave CU a Top 25 vote. There is a massive double standard, and it boggles my mind if people can't see it.

I don't see anything at the top of /cfb - but yesterday the top comments were about how ONE PERSON gave CU a Top 25 vote. There is a massive double standard, and it boggles my mind if people can't see it.
Same here. A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to attend a session on racism at work. Presumably similar to some of the other posters on this thread, I was raised in an almost all-white environment, by parents who would occasionally make racist comments. That, unfortunately, is how things were in the 1970s/80s (think of Archie Bunker and All in the Family, but perhaps not as obvious).

Being raised in that environment most definitely framed my perspective. Even though I convinced myself as an adult that I had no racist thoughts and proclaimed that I was not a racist, I truly believe that my upbringing skewed my perspective, perhaps on a subconscious level. This session I referenced was an eye-opening experience for me, and completely changed my perspective on a bunch of things. When I see some of the comments on here (and especially on Twitter), I firmly believe that many of the derogatory comments about CP and CU have a basis in racism.

The session included a very well-done book on the subject. I need to find it and would be happy to share the title for anyone who cares.

FWIW.

Weird, right? This was a team that was on a lot of ballots the first half of last season before injuries and other issues took it off the rails. I don't know how anyone could look at last season and not see how close the losses were along with key playmakers returning & significant upgrades across the board.

FWIW, if I had a vote I don't think I'd put a 4-8 team in my preseason Top 25, but CU would be one of my sleepers I'd be watching closely the first month because it's clearly a team that wouldn't need much luck to win 8-10 games this season.

Weird, right? This was a team that was on a lot of ballots the first half of last season before injuries and other issues took it off the rails. I don't know how anyone could look at last season and not see how close the losses were along with key playmakers returning & significant upgrades across the board.

FWIW, if I had a vote I don't think I'd put a 4-8 team in my preseason Top 25, but CU would be one of my sleepers I'd be watching closely the first month because it's clearly a team that wouldn't need much luck to win 8-10 games this season.
I think Klatt's got it about right:

"This should have been a 6 win/bowl eligible team last year. With the upgrades they've made, they are an 8/9 win team that's a dark horse for the Big 12 Champion"

PS - I was saying effectively the same thing before he did. He must have heard me repeat to someone when we were on the same flight to Vegas last month.

Last edited:
Happy Love It GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Same here. A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to attend a session on racism at work. Presumably similar to some of the other posters on this thread, I was raised in an almost all-white environment, by parents who would occasionally make racist comments. That, unfortunately, is how things were in the 1970s/80s (think of Archie Bunker and All in the Family, but perhaps not as obvious).

Being raised in that environment most definitely framed my perspective. Even though I convinced myself as an adult that I had no racist thoughts and proclaimed that I was not a racist, I truly believe that my upbringing skewed my perspective, perhaps on a subconscious level. This session I referenced was an eye-opening experience for me, and completely changed my perspective on a bunch of things. When I see some of the comments on here (and especially on Twitter), I firmly believe that many of the derogatory comments about CP and CU have a basis in racism.

The session included a very well-done book on the subject. I need to find it and would be happy to share the title for anyone who cares.

FWIW.
This is a great post, and I'm proud of you for your growth, bitch [no blind spots]!

Do you have a video of both of their very first encounters with their teams? Was it as demeaning as CU’s*? Was it immediately made public?

*You and I both know none of those players deserved to be on Prime’s team. But we can both agree that initial contact was absolutely mean-spirited. And don’t try to tell me that that was just “Black Culture”.
I absolutely disagree that it was mean spirited. It was direct, and it was a use of confrontational language designed to weed out the types of guys that the program needed to move on from. Maybe we're splitting hairs, but I see harsh truths as very different than mean spirited. There would be a sort of cowardly meanness in not putting everyone in that room on notice.

As far as the racial element, I'm not arguing that the critiques are 100% about race. The point is that while the volume on Kiffin critiques was a 6 or 7, the volume on Prime critiques are at a 9, with some segments of the media blowing out their speakers by cranking it up to an 11 on their channels.

Here are just a few of the comments on the On3 bullet tweet. That's why RK explained it.

View attachment 74651
View attachment 74652
View attachment 74653
View attachment 74654
Now, I will say that if there was a gun culture in the CU locker room then I would be the first person to criticize it - loudly. But there isn't anything going on as far as I can tell.

And I suspect that some of the folks posting these replies and saying "thugs" are often the same folks who are usually yelling about their 2A rights. So I am wondering why someone who might be a 2A advocate would be so angry about it if they thought CU football players were exercising their 2A rights. 🤔

Now, I will say that if there was a gun culture in the CU locker room then I would be the first person to criticize it - loudly. But there isn't anything going on as far as I can tell.

And I suspect that some of the folks posting these replies and saying "thugs" are often the same folks who are usually yelling about their 2A rights. So I am wondering why someone who might be a 2A advocate would be so angry about it if they thought CU football players were exercising their 2A rights. 🤔
I'm pretty sure that Trogdor would be the first person to criticize it. Second is the best you can do.

Back