What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

Giving me a few questions would help. Idk what the **** you want to know. I didn't shoot 100%, almost. :D

I figured it wouldn't take too long for some people in Boulder to have a problem with a religious man like coach Prime.
this is just a re-hash of the story from 1.5 months ago. nothing new here.

"Coach Prime is at the center of a controversy"*

*a controversy fomented, amplified and perpetuated by Fox News and its angry boomer viewers who need a short break from trans outrage to focus on good ol' Christian persecution outrage

Make sure you're up to date on your angina medication there steph

*a controversy fomented, amplified and perpetuated by Fox News and its angry boomer viewers who need a short break from trans outrage to focus on good ol' Christian persecution outrage

You got the wrong guy. I'm not a religious person, but am married to a Buddhist and spent a lot more time in Buddhist temples than I have in a Christian church.

Dude. Here I am resisting posting such things and feeling grown up and now you go ahead and do it anyway. Now I'm just sad it wasn't me.

was McCartney as overtly relgious as Sanders while coaching at CU? if so, was there similiar pushback over 1A issues?

You got the wrong guy. I'm not a religious person, but am married to a Buddhist and spent a lot more time in Buddhist temples than I have in a Christian church.
Buddhists who watch/read Fox News?
Surprised Excuse Me GIF by The Blacklist

Not to derail the thread but apparently you can't read. I'm not a religious person I think if you're not looking at news from all sides of the political spectrum, your not seeing all the news and you're just feeding your own bias.
I read a post
I figured it wouldn't take too long for some people in Boulder to have a problem with a religious man like coach Prime

that linked to a foxnews.com article titled "Deion Sanders at the center of religion controversy months before Colorado starts 2023 season", in which a letter from an Establishment Clause advocacy group was sent to the administration. Nothing about large protests, nothing about ticket boycotts (LOL!) or anything remotely supporting that outrage-inducing headline (which it the modus operandi for that outlet). A letter.

Now, perhaps I do have a reading problem, but I think I'm going to make fun of this article and your post anyway.

I also recall a number of fliers being posted around campus attacking Mac and his outspoken religious persuasion. I'm not 100%, but I think some fliers depicted Mac with a swastika.

I recall my reaction (to the criticism, and not the swastika) was "yeah, I kind of agree, but FOOTBALL! GO BUFFS!"

Today, my reaction is not much different.

I read a post

that linked to a foxnews.com article titled "Deion Sanders at the center of religion controversy months before Colorado starts 2023 season", in which a letter from an Establishment Clause advocacy group was sent to the administration. Nothing about large protests, nothing about ticket boycotts (LOL!) or anything remotely supporting that outrage-inducing headline (which it the modus operandi for that outlet). A letter.

Now, perhaps I do have a reading problem, but I think I'm going to make fun of this article and your post anyway.
Whatever. The title of this thread is "Prime is Polarizing". I saw this and thought it was an example of Prime being polarizing, didn't realize the topic had already been discussed, so I linked to it.

Whatever. The title of this thread is "Prime is Polarizing". I saw this and thought it was an example of Prime being polarizing, didn't realize the topic had already been discussed, so I linked to it.
The Thought Police are always lurking here steph. It's a given.

Back