What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Cowturd is an annoying mouth breather
Yep, but spot on in this case.

giphy.gif

Pac-12 is gonna have a crazy amount of HC turnover this year.

USC (open)
Washington State (open)
Washington (open?)
Arizona State (lots of noise)
UCLA (lots of noise)

I also think Wilcox will entertain offers and Oregon will have to play defense on Cristobal.

USC (open)
Washington State (open)
Washington (open?)
UCLA (lots of noise)

I also think Wilcox will entertain offers and Oregon will have to play defense on Cristobal.
Wilcox to UDub looking very near done.

USC (open)
Washington State (open)
Washington (open?)
UCLA (lots of noise)

You think Mora could have waited and got one of these?

USC (open)
Washington State (open)
Washington (open?)
UCLA (lots of noise)

I think we need to assume ASU is going to change coaches at some point-I don't see how they can get a slap on the wrist for what they did last year.

USC (open)
Washington State (open)
Washington (open?)
UCLA (lots of noise)

Shaw had built up plenty of leeway with what he has done at Stanford but it isn't working right now.

In no way saying that he is in danger of getting fired but he was 4-8 in 2019 and is on his way to 3-7 today.

Have to wonder if there is a point where he decides that he isn't in the right place anymore and leaves.

Shaw had built up plenty of leeway with what he has done at Stanford but it isn't working right now.

In no way saying that he is in danger of getting fired but he was 4-8 in 2019 and is on his way to 3-7 today.

Have to wonder if there is a point where he decides that he isn't in the right place anymore and leaves.
I hope Shaw & Stanford are one of those throwback situations we don't often see and he's there the next 20 years.

I hope Shaw & Stanford are one of those throwback situations we don't often see and he's there the next 20 years.
Agree with you. I think he is a good guy, a good coach, and a very good fit for Stanford.

Just don't know that he is going to get this thing turned around and don't see him staying in a situation where he doesn't see winning in his future.

When Stanford is good it is good for the PAC.

Is this the season that makes Matt Campbell decide he's got a definite ceiling at ISU and he jumps? This was supposed to be his best team and the future of the Big 12 is murky.

Is this the season that makes Matt Campbell decide he's got a definite ceiling at ISU and he jumps? This was supposed to be his best team and the future of the Big 12 is murky.
You bring up a good point.

With all the uncertainty of conferences and other changes going on like NIL, etc. do we see a number of established coaches decide to move on or even leave college coaching.

Agree with you. I think he is a good guy, a good coach, and a very good fit for Stanford.

Just don't know that he is going to get this thing turned around and don't see him staying in a situation where he doesn't see winning in his future.

It's Stanford. They'll be mediocre for a while then recruit the next Plunkett or Elway or Luck. They go through cycles.

Seems to be a lot of recency bias in this statement. One could also say “any team being non-embarrassing is good for the Pac-12”.

Back