What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Is Venables no longer the guy everybody wants but can’t get? Seems like he was the biggest DC to HC prospect out there for a while. He turned down a bunch of opportunities and then his name never came up any more.

Is Venables no longer the guy everybody wants but can’t get? Seems like he was the biggest DC to HC prospect out there for a while. He turned down a bunch of opportunities and then his name never came up any more.
Clemson having a down year isn't helping him

Jimbo Fisher is a fraud. They are completely awful on offense and their DC is the real guru. Fantasticly overpaying Jimbo
Fraud? Nah. Past his sell by date? Clearly, yes. He’s been a +/-0.500 coach within conference play for a while now, where it’s no longer an aberration but a reality.

Cristobal and Aranda would be my first two calls if I’m Florida.
Cristobal for sure, don’t think aranda is going to help close that recruiting gap with Georgia though. Seems like a Mullen type in that way. Odd culture fit but Franklin would be a guy that would embrace that challenge

He's not getting fired for cause based on what I've seen on twitter. $9.9 million buyout due monthly for the next several years. Well done UW!
Terrible person, college football coach. It’s a good gig, if you can get it.

I wish had had the opportunity to become a bad college football coach.

Don't think I've been more wrong about a head coach than I was with Jimmy Lake, thought he would be a superstar
His smack running on Wazzu, while entertaining, did make me question whether he was HC material. That doesn't explain why recruiting is bad under him, though, and that was his greatest strength.

Why can't Dorell shove a few players?
Because we would pay out his full contract no matter how much cause we might have to fire.

The administration with Phil's backing would do an investigation into the "culture of abuse" in the football program and add a bunch of useless but irritating or worse restrictions on the program.

They would then claim poverty and hire somebody as coach who has ties to the program but no qualifications whatsoever who would drive us deeper into our hole.

I get the Jimbo bashing, but A&M has never been an easy job for sustained success.
I think that changed when they went into the SEC and with just an average offense, they'd be very very good. They've recruited well which I think a lot of big names would do thanks to the first point.....Texas team in SEC.

Edit:
ATm has unlimited cash (apparently), SEC. And Texas.

How is that not better than Alabama?

Back