What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

You don’t think the pope would be a good coach?

jesuschrist-curveball.gif

Eh, if he gets the OC hire right, he wouldn't have the academic restrictions at UO that he does at Cal. I could see him doing very well there.
What academic restrictions does he have at Cal? This is the same school that admitted Marshawn Lynch.

Someone should hire Jeff Grimes (current OC at Baylor, but built the BYU offense thru 2020) as their head coach. I got to know him when he was the OL coach here and he is REALLY impressive. He's worked under some pretty good head coaches since he left here as well. Just my random 2 cents!

CSU has one thing CU evidently doesn't have:

Either an AD with big balls with a boss who is behind him -or-
A big donor fronting some cash.

Because their revenue is mice nuts compared to CUs AD revenue. Mice nuts.
They have a smaller stadium to fill, with debt to cover.
They just fired a bad-hire HC after 16 games, and are paying a buyout and putting money into their next hire.

If CSU can do that, we can do that. Remember, we got money from Midnight Mel leaving. They had to buyout Bobo.

Lubick is the best coach CSU has ever had. He's also a bazillion years old, stayed way too long, and almost cratered the program before being strongly encouraged to retire.

Why are we talking about him?

CSU has one thing CU evidently doesn't have:

Either an AD with big balls with a boss who is behind him -or-
A big donor fronting some cash.

Because their revenue is mice nuts compared to CUs AD revenue. Mice nuts.
They have a smaller stadium to fill, with debt to cover.
They just fired a bad-hire HC after 16 games, and are paying a buyout and putting money into their next hire.

If CSU can do that, we can do that. Remember, we got money from Midnight Mel leaving. They had to buyout Bobo.
We got minimal money from MT leaving because RG sucks donkey balls at contracts

Lubick is the best coach CSU has ever had. He's also a bazillion years old, stayed way too long, and almost cratered the program before being strongly encouraged to retire.

Why are we talking about him?
I ran into Sonny a couple of months ago. He looked really good, he did not look that old to me. He also was as sharp and funny as ever.

I think CSU got a guy who is a good fit for their program. Seems to be a steady guy who has done more with less, which he will have to do at CSU. It will be interesting to see how he does in recruiting, his background shows he should know both Texas and California for recruiting.

I think CSU got a guy who is a good fit for their program. Seems to be a steady guy who has done more with less, which he will have to do at CSU. It will be interesting to see how he does in recruiting, his background shows he should know both Texas and California for recruiting.
I think he’ll turn out to be as good for the Sheep as Jim Mc was. Might only be there for 2 or 3 years though.

If he does a similar job at CSU as at Nevada, he's there 3 years tops.

But I'd say there's only a handful of programs who can confidently say that they're not going to lose their coach if he's successful. Just ask ND and OU.

Back