What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Wilcox to Oregon, with a big budget would be a good hire IMO.

I agree. He would be a great hire for CU and the rest of the PAC-12. Great defensive coach, **** offensive coach, **** recruiter. One out of three at a competitor looks great.

UCLA fans are begging the AD to lower Kelly's buyout from $9m to $5M to help make it more palatable for UO to hire him away. What an amazing gift to fall in UCLA's lap if Kelly were to take the Duck job. Of course, never underestimate UCLA's ability to match with another awful hire.

UCLA fans are begging the AD to lower Kelly's buyout from $9m to $5M to help make it more palatable for UO to hire him away. What an amazing gift to fall in UCLA's lap if Kelly were to take the Duck job. Of course, never underestimate UCLA's ability to match with another awful hire.
If that happens, hopefully UCLA is looking at stability as their number one quality with their next coach

If UCLA loses Kelly, their norm would be an NFL guy.

Doug Pederson needs a job & won a SB the last time he followed Chip in a job.

EB has the UCLA ties and would almost certainly be on their list.

Ken Norton Jr is from LA & played for the Bruins. Been DC with the Seahawks the past several years & was a good recruiter at USC.

If UCLA loses Kelly, their norm would be an NFL guy.

Doug Pederson needs a job & won a SB the last time he followed Chip in a job.

EB has the UCLA ties and would almost certainly be on their list.

Ken Norton Jr is from LA & played for the Bruins. Been DC with the Seahawks the past several years & was a good recruiter at USC.
Good logic
If EB can pull an offer for $6 Million a year from UCLA, I actually think he would take it and he should
He could recruit well out there

EB is running out of NFL teams to interview with, he may want to take any decent HC job he is offered at this point if he wants to prove himself as a HC.
I agree with this statement! Go to UCLA, show that you can call plays and run an organization, then in 4-5 years if you did good, go to the NFL

EB is running out of NFL teams to interview with, he may want to take any decent HC job he is offered at this point if he wants to prove himself as a HC.
This. He's been the so called "favorite" for enough NFL jobs at this point that I think he'll recognize the old adage about a bird in hand.

I don’t see him going back to college but what he may have to do is prove it as an OC away from Reid and Mahomes if he wants a HC job.

How many candidates turned down Eugene and it's 'deeply ingrained hard hitting' culture of west coast softness if Chip 2.0 is really the Nike anointed? Swing and a miss and strike 4 Ducks.

Never underestimate the ability of rich old men to waste money
I know you’re joking, but Phil Knight employs a very sophisticated tax avoidance strategy using GRATs and charitable contributions (to the University of Oregon and others). He’s estimated to have saved over $3 billion in taxes. The sh!t he does with the Oregon AD has all sorts of ulterior motives, although he clearly wants the team to win a championship.

Back