What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Troy Calhoun - Head Coach at Air Force

Are we relying on TC to be a big time recruiter? No way in hell. Could his staff as a hole continue recruiting well? I don't think that's anywhere close to being outside the realm of possibility. Fact of the matter is, RG is going to hire whoever he is going to hire. I will be stoked if we hire Sark. If we end up hiring TC, I won't be excited, but I won't be disappointed either (considering the context of how we ended up here). I will be willing to wait and see how this all pans out before I form a firm opinion one way or another. What's his staff look like? What offense is he planning on running etc? I can legitimately see this going well, and I also see it being bad. I want to see him prove it one way or the other (if TC is hired. Go Sark)

And finally me right now...

giphy.gif

Are we relying on TC to be a big time recruiter? No way in hell. Could his staff as a hole continue recruiting well? I don't think that's anywhere close to being outside the realm of possibility. Fact of the matter is, RG is going to hire whoever he is going to hire. I will be stoked if we hire Sark. If we end up hiring TC, I won't be excited, but I won't be disappointed either (considering the context of how we ended up here). I will be willing to wait and see how this all pans out before I form a firm opinion one way or another. What's his staff look like? What offense is he planning on running etc? I can legitimately see this going well, and I also see it being bad. I want to see him prove it one way or the other (if TC is hired. Go Sark)

Recruiting starts and ends with the HC.

You guys are really bad at the whole “hope for the best and prepare for the worst” thing.

is RG just high as **** and letting an intern make the hire? WTF happened where we went from MT, Lake, Day to TROY CALHOUN ****
This feels like RG just really not wanting to deal with anyone who might be looking to jump after a few years. Calhoun probably the only candidate willing to agree to some kind of massive buy out. First time I've been severely disappointed in RG and LC.

This feels like RG just really not wanting to deal with anyone who might be looking to jump after a few years. Calhoun probably the only candidate willing to agree to some kind of massive buy out. First time I've been severely disappointed in RG and LC.
I cannot fully describe how dejected I will be if it is Calhoun. It would be like going to a great steakhouse and getting served Spam. Sure it would fill you up, but you would be enduring the meal, rather than enjoying it.

I am choosing to believe this smoke is all an effort to press our preferred target into a decision in the next 30 hours or so. Don’t allow your guy (Sark, Wilcox, etc) to use us as leverage for a better deal with their current employer, but if they are make sure they know there’s a ticking clock.

What's so bad about Calhoun?
Not sexy enough, mostly. Questions about his recruiting ability. Seems like a hire of convenience. Thing is, none of us know jack squat right now. He wouldn’t thrill me, but it wouldn’t make me want to give up my tickets, either. If he ends up being the guy, a lot will depend on his ability to assemble a staff. I really have no clue how he would do there or who his potential targets would be.

Recruiting starts and ends with the HC.
There you go doing your drive by Duffing again. The HC has to have an appeal (MT's was off the charts, for example). We do not know how TC will come off when not at a service academy. Given how little direct interaction the HC has with recruits relative to the position coaches.....I think the truth is not quite that it "starts and Ends with the HC". You are convinced he will suck as a recruiter. I am willing to wait and see.....cause frankly, that's my only choice (or quit caring) if they hire TC

Back