What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Still sounds like a respectable showing.

It was. Georgetown ended up overwhelming them in the paint and shot like 65% in the 2nd half. Elon didn't shoot nearly as well from 3 as they did against us either.

Wednesday:

Stanford (7-2) @ #10 UConn (9-0)

#12 Baylor (8-1) vs Northwestern State (4-5)

Oregon State (5-2) vs Towson (7-4)

Washington State (5-4) vs San Francisco State (non D1 opponent)

Washington and Oregon won from the Pac-12

Okie Lite took care of business.

Arkansas State got boat raced in the 2nd half by undefeated Toledo after taking a 4pt lead into intermission.

Wednesday, 12/18, games we care about:

Stanford @ UConn
Baylor vs Northwestern State
Oregon State vs Towson
Washington State vs San Fran State (non D-1, doesn't matter)

There's something there. May have been that Turgeon wanted Boyle named the coach-in-waiting and WSU refused.

You may be right, but I, knowing Tad at least somewhat on a personal level, haven't heard him speak ill of anyone at WSU. Then again, I haven't heard Tad say a bad thing about anyone in the coaching and admin ranks besides one coach who he has scheduled against. So take that for what its worth.

From what I've heard, I think what Nik is saying is pretty accurate. I've heard it from two different people (including one not involved with CU) that Tad was upset that he didn't get that job. It could be as coach in waiting, or maybe he thought he'd get an interview after his first year at UNC. But I do think that there's some genuine disappointment from Tad that he didn't get a look.

From that George Dohrmann SI article.

Boyle followed Turgeon to Wichita State in 2000, and Turgeon tried to get the school to agree in writing that Boyle would succeed him when he left. But Wichita State officials wouldn't do it, so, in 2006, when Northern Colorado, located in Greeley, offered Boyle the opportunity to move back home to his home state, he took over one of the worst programs in Division I.

Good thing Wichita didn't, who knows what happens regarding Tad ending up here. I doubt Wichita regrets it, they just made the Final Four.

Articles in the Greeley paper for a couple years had Boyle on the hot seat at UNC until his breakout year.

Did UConn really only score 13 points in the 2nd half against Furd's defense? :lol:

Good win, Trees!

Now let's see if Stanford builds on this or if they pull a "Stanford"
and turn around and pick up a couple bad losses.

Looks like Bailer pulled it out in OT. I know we wanted them to win for our RPI, but I really wanted to see them lose to a crappy NWS team...

Thursday:

UCLA (9-1) vs #8 Duke (8-2) (New York, NY)

#1 Arizona (11-0) vs Southern (3-7)

Utah (9-1) vs Texas State (3-7)

USC (7-3) @ Long Beach State (1-9)

Georgia (4-4) vs Gardner-Webb (6-6)

UT-Martin (5-8) @ Arkansas (7-2)

Jackson State (3-7) vs Louisiana-Lafayette (8-3)

Elon (5-6) vs Central Penn (non D1, no RPI effect)

Would be a nice win for the conference, but I think fucla gets schooled by dook.

A win by either UTM or JaxSt would be great mainly because I don't trust Georgia.

Is RPI based on the teams played YTD, or the schedule as a whole? I know some SOS formulas move weekly based on each new opponent, but that is for different sports.

Is RPI based on the teams played YTD, or the schedule as a whole? I know some SOS formulas move weekly based on each new opponent, but that is for different sports.

RPI is based on who you have played (and who they played), but you can find RPI forecasting tools.

Back