What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

I don't think we really "really need" it, beating UofA whether or not they win this game would still be a great win.

Not a necessity as far as making the tourney, but realistically, going to be tough to catch ASU if they win this one tonight.

Nah, Conference Tournament seeding is a secondary goal to me, but still would rather get a top 4 seed.
Fair enough, I'm just concerned about making the Tourney at this point. Hopefully we'll have a spot locked up by that point and were just playing for seeding.

Fair enough, I'm just concerned about making the Tourney at this point. Hopefully we'll have a spot locked up by that point and were just playing for seeding.

If we get a 3 or 4 seed we're safe. If we're below that it's common sense to believe our position is probably a little more perilous and endangering ourselves with an extra game against a Wazzu or USC has absolutely no benefit if we win and a whole lot of downside if we lose.

****. ASU winning is not good, they stay on 4 Pac losses. We need wins, and not just over **** teams. We need wins that directly inflict damage on those jockeying for the top 4 with us.

****. ASU winning is not good, they stay on 4 Pac losses. We need wins, and not just over **** teams. We need wins that directly inflict damage on those jockeying for the top 4 with us.

On the bright side, beating ASU now will be a bigger quality win most likely. They might even be ranked when CU plays them.

On the bright side, beating ASU now will be a bigger quality win most likely. They might even be ranked when CU plays them.
They got one vote in the AP last week (none in coaches), so not sure how likely that is. But yeah if we beat ASU that looks better.

Entertaining, but the quality of play was crap, especially in the last five minutes of regulation and the first overtime.

Yeah. Close game made it entertaining. But that wasn't a great game to watch otherwise. For some reasons, officials allow ASU to play its game more than they let others. It was amazing how ASU only had 1 foul called on them past the midway point of the 1st half despite the disjointed and physical style of play. Meanwhile, UA had 5 or 6 against it, a couple on the perimeter from Carson dipping his shoulder into people and then arching his back as if he got pounded. Oh well. Home cooking. Hope we see it next week.

I didn't get the explanation on the broadcast - if I heard correctly they said no T because the clock had stopped - but wouldn't that essentially make hanging on the rim legal?

That comment was in regards to the students running on the court. I think they just missed the hanging on the rim in the chaos.

I don't. But it could have been called. Twice. Was a very stupid play by Carson considering he could have ran the clock out
It was like an INT in football where they don't go down. There was no one closeby to foul him, all he had to do was dribble a little more.

I didn't see the line for this game but I'm guessing UofA was favored. I was going to say he needed the basket to beat the spread.

I don't. But it could have been called. Twice. Was a very stupid play by Carson considering he could have ran the clock out

Stupid, yes. But ASU won that game. I wouldn't want the refs taking it from them with a T there.

Back